Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

smack
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by smack »

your right it should be about burg and minford i will take burg by 30.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

NewEra wrote:
Falconfever wrote:
smack wrote:minford or piketon is not on the same level as burg and valley plaine and simple.
please enlighten everyone how valley is on a whole other level then Minford lol
Well technically they are on a whole "other level"... ;-)

#189 Valley (Lucasville) (7-0) 115.5
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.216, #657 toughest (of 719)
I tried to stay out of this, but the smarta$$ in me simply can't!!

#283 Minford (7-0) 107.0
Ranked #30 of 123 in Division IV, #4 in Region 15
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.240, #631 toughest (of 719)
Division IV strength-of-schedule 0.270, #111 toughest (of 123)

Do you really want to run around knocking schedule's? There are only 26 spots out of 719 total separating Minford and Valley's schedule. At the same time, you have to remember that Valley is the highest rated team on Minford's schedule, while Minford is NOT the highest rated team on Valley's schedule. In case you can't see the obvious, that means Valley has a more significant impact on Minford's strength of schedule than Minford has on Valley's. And, since you thought it would be cute to reference Drew Pasteur's site, maybe you'd prefer to let everyone know who the site predicts to win the Burg-Minford game and the Valley-Minford game? In case you don't feel like playing along, I'll help you out: The site predicts Wheelersburg over Minford by 9 and Valley over Minford by 10.

Sorry for getting off of the subject that should be discussed on here, but I'm sick of reading crap being posted negatively about Valley's schedule when it was a fan of another school who posted the comment about Valley in the first place. And, if you're going to try to use something against the Indians, at least have the dignity to discuss the same as it pertains to your team. It wouldn't bother me much if your post didn't make you look like such a hyocrite.

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

#189 Valley (Lucasville) (7-0) 115.5
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.216, #657 toughest (of 719)[/quote]
I tried to stay out of this, but the smarta$$ in me simply can't!!

#283 Minford (7-0) 107.0
Ranked #30 of 123 in Division IV, #4 in Region 15
Overall strength-of-schedule 0.240, #631 toughest (of 719)
Division IV strength-of-schedule 0.270, #111 toughest (of 123)

Do you really want to run around knocking schedule's? There are only 26 spots out of 719 total separating Minford and Valley's schedule. At the same time, you have to remember that Valley is the highest rated team on Minford's schedule, while Minford is NOT the highest rated team on Valley's schedule. In case you can't see the obvious, that means Valley has a more significant impact on Minford's strength of schedule than Minford has on Valley's. And, since you thought it would be cute to reference Drew Pasteur's site, maybe you'd prefer to let everyone know who the site predicts to win the Burg-Minford game and the Valley-Minford game? In case you don't feel like playing along, I'll help you out: The site predicts Wheelersburg over Minford by 9 and Valley over Minford by 10.

Sorry for getting off of the subject that should be discussed on here, but I'm sick of reading crap being posted negatively about Valley's schedule when it was a fan of another school who posted the comment about Valley in the first place. And, if you're going to try to use something against the Indians, at least have the dignity to discuss the same as it pertains to your team. It wouldn't bother me much if your post didn't make you look like such a hyocrite.[/quote]

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... eamID=1586
http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... eamID=1048
these 2 websites show minford and valleys schedules with records....tell me who has the tougher non conference...its a no brainer minford does with wins over piketon(5-2) and oak hill (6-1)

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

smack wrote:your right it should be about burg and minford i will take burg by 30.
well see but i doubt it.....assume ull be there since ur indians play the mohawks

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

and all u indian fans just curious, ive noticed by looking at ur schedule, u obviously havnt played anybody or been in a close game, what will happen when ur indians play minford and burg? how will they handle adversity??? basically what im trying to say is u guys had 1 great year and think ur the new england patriots now....quit brining valley into the discussion on a burg and minford thread

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

A-Bomb wrote:
smack wrote:your right it should be about burg and minford i will take burg by 30.
well see but i doubt it.....assume ull be there since ur indians play the mohawks
Smack isn't a Valley fan

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

Is the new stadium right where the old one was?

TheManWithThePlan
Waterboy

Post by TheManWithThePlan »

I just want Burg to beat the living fecies out of Minford!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

A-Bomb wrote:and all u indian fans just curious, ive noticed by looking at ur schedule, u obviously havnt played anybody or been in a close game, what will happen when ur indians play minford and burg? how will they handle adversity??? basically what im trying to say is u guys had 1 great year and think ur the new england patriots now....quit brining valley into the discussion on a burg and minford thread
"1 great year"? How old are you? Valley has played in more Regional Championship games than any other SOC school except Wheelersburg. Before you start popping off at the mouth in my direction, you should probably know that I'm a helluva lot more supportive of other schools in the SOC than most. Does that make Valley better, no, i dont think so. I'm a Valley grad and obviously a Valley fan, but with a son that goes to Minford and a son that goes to West, as well as paying taxes in Wheelersburg, I'm not one to stir up trouble. I'm not even knocking anyone else's program or saying Valley is "the New England Patriots" as you put it. I'm simply trying to use the exact same logic as was used against Valley's schedule. Personally, I'd love to see ANY school from the SOC have sustained state-wide success. I just get so sick of all the narrow-minded opinions as seen through rose-colored glasses. I just don't understand why people can't use the same rules when judging all teams.

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

TheManWithThePlan wrote:I just want Burg to beat the living fecies out of Minford!
fecies? Do you mean feces? You need to come up with a better plan. ;-)

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

Sheik Yerboutie wrote:Is the new stadium right where the old one was?
Yeah...exact same location...also believe you will be totally impressed. Turned out nice!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jesco White wrote:
A-Bomb wrote:and all u indian fans just curious, ive noticed by looking at ur schedule, u obviously havnt played anybody or been in a close game, what will happen when ur indians play minford and burg? how will they handle adversity??? basically what im trying to say is u guys had 1 great year and think ur the new england patriots now....quit brining valley into the discussion on a burg and minford thread
"1 great year"? How old are you? Valley has played in more Regional Championship games than any other SOC school except Wheelersburg. Before you start popping off at the mouth in my direction, you should probably know that I'm a helluva lot more supportive of other schools in the SOC than most. Does that make Valley better, no, i dont think so. I'm a Valley grad and obviously a Valley fan, but with a son that goes to Minford and a son that goes to West, as well as paying taxes in Wheelersburg, I'm not one to stir up trouble. I'm not even knocking anyone else's program or saying Valley is "the New England Patriots" as you put it. I'm simply trying to use the exact same logic as was used against Valley's schedule. Personally, I'd love to see ANY school from the SOC have sustained state-wide success. I just get so sick of all the narrow-minded opinions as seen through rose-colored glasses. I just don't understand why people can't use the same rules when judging all teams.
Agree with you 100%. In a couple weeks we will probably never hear from A-bomb again. Anyone who has been on this site long know Jesco knows his stuff and and is a very respectfull and knowledgable fan like many others on here. But there are a few on here that just like piping off just to see their words on here. These last 3 weeks will be fun.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Jesco White wrote:
I think he is referring to your one playoff appearance since joining the SOC II, and now Valley is 7-0 with ONE win over ONE team sniffing the .500 range.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Badboy wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Ironton might have ran up and down the field, but sure didn't dominate that game. Take away the fumble for a TD (Burg player did not have possession) the pass interference against the Burg on 4th down(not a lot of contact) and the non PI call against Ironton in the endzone(Drrabbitt has the pic) and Burg wins that game going away.

i wish u would make up your mind already. first they pretty much shut down ironton, then they ran up and down the field.

regardless burg didnt beat ironton. ironton stopped burg's high powered offense enough to win.
but minford ain't no ironton either. ;-) :mrgreen:

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

minford is a good team saw them against piketon but im picking burg in this game, burg hung with ironton which is one of the best teams in the south and they run a similar offense to minford,wish i was going to this one!

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

[
Agree with you 100%. In a couple weeks we will probably never hear from A-bomb again. Anyone who has been on this site long know Jesco knows his stuff and and is a very respectfull and knowledgable fan like many others on here. But there are a few on here that just like piping off just to see their words on here. These last 3 weeks will be fun.[/quote]
Actualy I know what I'm saying...my point is this a huge game between MINFORD and WHEELERSBURG... Nobody wants to hear about valley on here

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

And yes new era that's exactly what I was saying

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Nobody was even talking about Valley until the Minford people brought them up and started talking about how weak Valley schedule is, and how big of "World Beaters" Minford is. Minford acts like the whole county should be shaking in their shoes at the thought of the Mighty Minford Falcons coming to play football. By the sound of most Falcon fans on here, poor Wheelersburg should just not even show up and Valley should forfeit. No one stands a chance.
Better quit worrying about Valley and start worrying about Burg, Because they are going to flat wear Minford out. And after that, Waverly may do the same.
I like the Minford people and the Minford community, but there are a few posters on here that completely ruin the credibility of everyone else. Most teams do have fans that dont have a clue and bang their chest. Even Valley may have a few.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I watched the Portsmouth vs Minford game on TV a few weeks ago. I was surprised that Minford let Portsmouth stay in the game as long as they did. If Minford doesn't start the game with more intensity than that, it will be a long night for them. I did notice that they run behind McCray about 75% of the time (which they should be doing) and they also run opposite the side the TE (#2?) is lined up. Burg is averaging 40 ppg on the season and I don't see Minford being able to control the ball enough to lower this average.
Burg 42 - Minford 24

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

nutronron2012 wrote:Nobody was even talking about Valley until the Minford people brought them up and started talking about how weak Valley schedule is, and how big of "World Beaters" Minford is. Minford acts like the whole county should be shaking in their shoes at the thought of the Mighty Minford Falcons coming to play football. By the sound of most Falcon fans on here, poor Wheelersburg should just not even show up and Valley should forfeit. No one stands a chance.
Better quit worrying about Valley and start worrying about Burg, Because they are going to flat wear Minford out. And after that, Waverly may do the same.
I like the Minford people and the Minford community, but there are a few posters on here that completely ruin the credibility of everyone else. Most teams do have fans that dont have a clue and bang their chest. Even Valley may have a few.
Just because Valley was a turnover or so away from being exposed by Waverly doesn't mean Minford will do the same.

Return to “Football”