Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Jesco White
S

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by Jesco White »

It's finally over. Burg 35 - Minford 7

I'll see if I can post some of the stats as given by the radio

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford 7
Wheelersburg 35 Final

Good job in the first half to the Falcons defense. Get back to work this week and prepare for Waverly.
With Rock Hill, Piketon, Oak Hill, Wellston and Portsmouth West winning. 2nd level points should keep us up there in the top 4.
Last edited by mglight88 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Minford had 6 1st downs in the game and 119 total yards

Wheelersburg had 453 yards including 287 yards rushing.

I didn't catch the total, but Dave Stamm just said Burg had more yards in penalties than Minford had in total offense.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Eddie Miller and Cowgill both rushed for over 100 yards. Miller also threw for well over 100 yards.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

The two teams combined for 12 turnovers!!

Both teams had 2 INT's, Minford lost 5 fumbles and Burg lost 3 fumbles

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

The announcers on burgfan said the officials were absolutely terrible. Oh well, a win is a win. Great job by the pirate defense holding minfords running game to 60 yards. Pretty impressive stuff. I think I heard them say there was a total of 12 turnovers in this game. I would not want to be a running back for either team next week. That will kill any team come playoff time.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

pirates had more penalty yards than falcons could muster up in offense. turnovers for both had to be a dozen. refs had a challenging night. pirates need to clean it up a little. qb for burg responsible for most of theirs. he played well but certainly have played better. not a nice win but a win.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Where is bleeding red with his no nothing mouth?

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

Eat your crow bleeding red

Falconfever
Waterboy

Post by Falconfever »

Ugly game you can't expect to win a game with that many turnovers but burg is a good team minfords defense was just on the field way to much. Has any one held burg to one td in a half this year they played very well. Did anyone else see a burg player flip the Minford crowd off I would be embarrsed by the way some of the burg players acted!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I have to say I am suprised at how easily Wheelersburg won this game. I really thought it would be closer. You just cannot make as many mistakes as Minford did tonight and win the game. Burg and Valley will be huge next week.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

must have been a new set of flags for the refs. they really wanted people to see them. they were nice and yellow. maybe they should have joined and made them "pink for the cause". game not over till 10:15. I should have pulled a flag on them for "delay of my time".

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

general Observations : GREAT atmosphere for HS ball, Minford had a huge large involved crowd. The 1st quarter the refs were horrid . cost Burg a TD on a fumble they recovered in the Minford endzone , but somehow they ruled Minfords QB recovered it . Minford has really good corners , played super tight bump and run and Burgs receivers couldnt shake free . In the end Burg just too much offense , too many weapons . Made good adjustments at halftime , had a big 3rd quarter after coughing the ball up several times inside Minford's 20 Refs were entirely flag happy

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Wow! Wasn't at the game but, listened to on the radio! Minford was giving them all they could handle for 2 quarters and the turnovers! Wow! Both sides needs to hold on to the ball better. But, what a game!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

overall, another win for burg. both teams played hard and burg was just the better team. wayyyy way to many mistakes for wheelersburg in the game. they need to clean up the penaltys and fumbles going into next week. i agree some really questionable calls early and the officials were calling it pretty tight but with such a rivalry game you gotta make sure things dont get out of hand, but way to many personal foul calls the majority of which were good calls. wheelersburg was fortunate in the first half that the fumbles didnt cost them more. they cost them scores but at least they were deep inside minford territory and not deep in their own end . lots of credit to the burg defense for keeping minford in check all night. all in all , no injurys and good solid hard fought win. time to go to practice and get ready for lucasville next week.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Where is all of the minford posters now....... :lol:

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Some one needs to wake up on the Burg coaching staff, 8 games into the season and they can't get a play in for the Qb. There has to be some slow thinkers on the offense coaching staff.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Cannot give good teams 7 turnovers and win. The big difference was that wheelersburg had 5 turnovers I think, but Minford never made them pay for it. I think every TD wheelersburg scored came off a Minford turnover.

Thought my Falcons did play some good defense for a lot of the game, just kept getting put back in bad spots due to the turnovers.

In the end Minford did what everyone knew you cannot do against wheelersburg. They fell behind and then had to ditch running the ball.

Learn and move on. Get refocused this can still be a good season.

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

victor creed wrote:overall, another win for burg. both teams played hard and burg was just the better team. wayyyy way to many mistakes for wheelersburg in the game. they need to clean up the penaltys and fumbles going into next week. i agree some really questionable calls early and the officials were calling it pretty tight but with such a rivalry game you gotta make sure things dont get out of hand, but way to many personal foul calls the majority of which were good calls. wheelersburg was fortunate in the first half that the fumbles didnt cost them more. they cost them scores but at least they were deep inside minford territory and not deep in their own end . lots of credit to the burg defense for keeping minford in check all night. all in all , no injurys and good solid hard fought win. time to go to practice and get ready for lucasville next week.
I appreciate the class of your post , Wheelersburg's defense is highly underrated, IMO that is what makes the offense shine . Minford played an excellent 1st half of defense, but on the last drive of the half you could see them getting softer, the Wheelersburg offense is very athletic, it seems they would be in a 2nd or 3rd and long and make the : Big Play" and gain momentum all night. Good Luck to both teams for the rest of their seasons

Return to “Football”