Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Week 8: Minford (7-0, 2-0) @ Wheelersburg (6-1, 2-0)

Post by fbnut »

Overall the game was very sloppy, way to many penalties and turnovers. The burgs offense finally got rolling but I thought the D won this game. The burgs defense played a great ballgame.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Gotta love ya some Jim Mora, but your right it sums tonights game up. :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Falconfever wrote:Ugly game you can't expect to win a game with that many turnovers but burg is a good team minfords defense was just on the field way to much. Has any one held burg to one td in a half this year they played very well. Did anyone else see a burg player flip the Minford crowd off I would be embarrsed by the way some of the burg players acted!

Seriously!!!!! I beleive the refs held Burg to 7 points in the half. The first TD by Cowgill, how can you fumble the ball in the endzone when you are 3 yards deep. As soon as you cross the goal line, it is a TD. Doesn't matter what happened after that.

Should be 7-0 Burg

Secondly. Minford snaps the ball over the QB's head. He goes back to get it, never really regains possesion and he knocks it into the endzone. Burg player recovers it and the call the Minford player down at the 2.

14-0 Burg

Burg scores right before the half to give them what should have been a 21-0 lead.

The refs were proabably the worst I've ever seen in 40 some years of watching HS football. It almost seemed like they wanted to make themselves the focal point of the game and they managed to do that.

The game was also on eof the ugliest I've ever watched. Neither team could hold onto the ball.

Minford had no offense and no answer agaisnt the Burg's defense. if Valley is as one dimensional as Minford was tonight, that game could get ugly also.

Can someone answer me this? Can a defensive back play right up on a receiver and as the receiver comes off the line grab him and throw him to the ground?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Falconfever wrote:Ugly game you can't expect to win a game with that many turnovers but burg is a good team minfords defense was just on the field way to much. Has any one held burg to one td in a half this year they played very well. Did anyone else see a burg player flip the Minford crowd off I would be embarrsed by the way some of the burg players acted!

Seriously!!!!! I beleive the refs held Burg to 7 points in the half. The first TD by Cowgill, how can you fumble the ball in the endzone when you are 3 yards deep. As soon as you cross the goal line, it is a TD. Doesn't matter what happened after that.

Should be 7-0 Burg

Secondly. Minford snaps the ball over the QB's head. He goes back to get it, never really regains possesion and he knocks it into the endzone. Burg player recovers it and the call the Minford player down at the 2.

14-0 Burg

Burg scores right before the half to give them what should have been a 21-0 lead.

The refs were proabably the worst I've ever seen in 40 some years of watching HS football. It almost seemed like they wanted to make themselves the focal point of the game and they managed to do that.

The game was also on eof the ugliest I've ever watched. Neither team could hold onto the ball.

Minford had no offense and no answer agaisnt the Burg's defense. if Valley is as one dimensional as Minford was tonight, that game could get ugly also.

Can someone answer me this? Can a defensive back play right up on a receiver and as the receiver comes off the line grab him and throw him to the ground?
The first fumble was a good call. I was on the hill on that goal line and the kid didn't get in.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Yeah they can pretty much do what they want (besides grabbing the facemask and the ball in not in the air) within 5 yards.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

IRONFALCON wrote:Cannot give good teams 7 turnovers and win. The big difference was that wheelersburg had 5 turnovers I think, but Minford never made them pay for it. I think every TD wheelersburg scored came off a Minford turnover.

Thought my Falcons did play some good defense for a lot of the game, just kept getting put back in bad spots due to the turnovers.

In the end Minford did what everyone knew you cannot do against wheelersburg. They fell behind and then had to ditch running the ball.

Learn and move on. Get refocused this can still be a good season.
Nice post!

Also, radio announcer said on the post-game show; Burg had 123 yards in penalties and said that was more than Minford's total offense!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Endzone_Warrior wrote:I have the BBQ set up after the game for those of you who need your serving of CROW! LOL
there is plenty of “Crow” left if anyone wants any...? :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Yeah they can pretty much do what they want (besides grabbing the facemask and the ball in not in the air) within 5 yards.

Thanks. Wasn't sure on the ruling. Burg finally got wise to it and put Dylan Miller in motion and he and Claxon were open all night. Eddie threw some nice balls to them.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Delete.. I believe in our staff and system! Go Falcons!
Last edited by NewEra on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Crab's brother wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Should be 7-0 Burg

14-0 Burg

The first fumble was a good call. I was on the hill on that goal line and the kid didn't get in.
I have to disagree with you Crab. I too was standing on the hill and right in line with the goal line and the ball did cross before he lost it. But all that doesn't matter now since the Burg still got the win.

Were you the guy I talked to as I was leaving that said you were from Valley?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I have to disagree with you Crab. I too was standing on the hill and right in line with the goal line and the ball did cross before he lost it. But all that doesn't matter now since the Burg still got the win.

Were you the guy I talked to as I was leaving that said you were from Valley?[/quote]

Agree to disagree my good friend.. :122245 :122245

I don't think so. I walked out talking to one of my old teammates. Just curious...but do you have a son that lives close to Cincy? No need to answer if you don't want, but the wife and I were trying to figure something out.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

NewEra wrote:I have few questions...

1. Why did Sean Berry touch the ball ONE time in the first half, makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever, and several people around me from OTHER schools agree.

2. Why wait to be down 21-0 to open the playbook and throw the ball down field. Burg turned it over two times, can you not take a shot or a chance, they were giving out presents! I just don't understand why in the world, and I am NOT the only one, I hear a lot of voices saying the same thing...why is berry not the featured back?

3. We also have 2 QBs on the field at all times... can we not do something with our imagination to maybe get creative with our personnel?

4. How many reps do our skill position players get per week in the passing game?

5. Why was #75 not in the game in the center of the defensive line? ( we were containing on the edge)

6. Why do we continue to have our DBS give up the inside when 5 straight deep post routes were ran .. the exact same WR on 3rd and long?
Were we watching the same game?

2. I thought Minford should have continued to run down hill right behind McCray. Burg was playing a lot of eagle fronts and Minford had a ton of success when they did that. Burg plays so well side to side so when Minford tried to get wide they got nothing! Minford's passing game is just bad.

5. Containing? Eddie had all night to roll to his right starting at about the middle of the second quarter. I have no clue where Minford's left d end was in the second half.

6. Give up the inside? Burg converted constantly on 3rd down but hit outs and dig routes.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
i guess he could but the defensive back would probably have to be a pretty good size boy to do that.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

minford was way overrated.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Crab's brother wrote:

1. Why did Sean Berry touch the ball ONE time in the first half, makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever, and several people around me from OTHER schools agree.

2. Why wait to be down 21-0 to open the playbook and throw the ball down field. Burg turned it over two times, can you not take a shot or a chance, they were giving out presents! I just don't understand why in the world, and I am NOT the only one, I hear a lot of voices saying the same thing...why is berry not the featured back?

3. We also have 2 QBs on the field at all times... can we not do something with our imagination to maybe get creative with our personnel?

4. How many reps do our skill position players get per week in the passing game?

5. Why was #75 not in the game in the center of the defensive line? ( we were containing on the edge)

6. Why do we continue to have our DBS give up the inside when 5 straight deep post routes were ran .. the exact same WR on 3rd and long?

2. I thought Minford should have continued to run down hill right behind McCray. Burg was playing a lot of eagle fronts and Minford had a ton of success when they did that. Burg plays so well side to side so when Minford tried to get wide they got nothing! Minford's passing game is just bad.

5. Containing? Eddie had all night to roll to his right starting at about the middle of the second quarter. I have no clue where Minford's left d end was in the second half.

6. Give up the inside? Burg converted constantly on 3rd down but hit outs and dig routes.

You are write Crab, what I said was out of emotion, I love this team and staff! We are blessed to have both, no quit in them!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Crab's brother wrote:

You are right Crab, what I said was out of emotion, I love this team and staff! We are blessed to have both, no quit in them!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Crab's brother wrote:I have to disagree with you Crab. I too was standing on the hill and right in line with the goal line and the ball did cross before he lost it. But all that doesn't matter now since the Burg still got the win.

Were you the guy I talked to as I was leaving that said you were from Valley?

Agree to disagree my good friend.. :122245 :122245

I don't think so. I walked out talking to one of my old teammates. Just curious...but do you have a son that lives close to Cincy? No need to answer if you don't want, but the wife and I were trying to figure something out.[/quote]

No, my son is a senior at Ohio State ands lives right off campus.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Always love when burg folks cry about officials.. As if they have never been favored with flags before. As to the game Minfords defense played great but you cannot expect a team to hold strongwhen you have 9 turnovers. I believe Minford laid the groundwork to slowing down Burgs offense. On another note I lost a lot of respect for Burg some of the crap they were pulling was uncalled for. I know I will probably here it from Burg fans but owell. I will say one or five of your players need a reality check. Good luck in the playoffs silver spoons I mean Pirates! Jk seriously good luck!l

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

28Buck wrote:Always love when burg folks cry about officials.. As if they have never been favored with flags before. As to the game Minfords defense played great but you cannot expect a team to hold strongwhen you have 9 turnovers. I believe Minford laid the groundwork to slowing down Burgs offense. On another note I lost a lot of respect for Burg some of the crap they were pulling was uncalled for. I know I will probably here it from Burg fans but owell. I will say one or five of your players need a reality check. Good luck in the playoffs silver spoons I mean Pirates! Jk seriously good luck!l
Really?? Slow down the offense. The same offense that moved the ball up and down the field, scored 35 points, and had over 400 yards of total offense. Yeah, they really slowed them down. They may have only had 7 points at the half, but they were moving the ball on Minford with ease. Turnovers and a bad call cost them at least 14 points in the first half.

Good luck to the Falcons in the playoffs as well.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

callie11 wrote:Some one needs to wake up on the Burg coaching staff, 8 games into the season and they can't get a play in for the Qb. There has to be some slow thinkers on the offense coaching staff.
Wow!! Really?? It only happened one time the entire game and you say they are slow thinkers. I think they do a great job of running the no huddle offense for a high school team. It really wears the defense down quickly.

Return to “Football”