WEEK 8: Jackson (4-3) @ Portsmouth (1-6)

Axe N Shield
Varsity

WEEK 8: Jackson (4-3) @ Portsmouth (1-6)

Post by Axe N Shield »

Any thoughts?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 8: Jackson (4-3) @ Portsmouth (1-6)

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is playing a little better but are upsettable.

If Jackson plays pretty well...they'll win by 14+

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Jackson wins. Hasn't Ptown lost half their team by now with the hazing scandal?

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

Jackson big

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

scandal........ugh so glad Im five hours away

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Jackson by 4 touchdowns!

Jackson 35 - Portsmouth 7

The Hall coaching staff to much for Clifford & Company! That alone is 4 touchdowns! :lol:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I don't know much about this Portsmouth team. They seem to have dealt with a lot of injuries, and now some other issues.

Jackson has looked much better offensively the last couple weeks. Steven Kearns has been very effective as a runner from the QB position. The offense seems to have a good rhythm with him at the helm. Landrum, Rafferty, and Griffiths are running the ball as well as they have all year, and as I said after last week's game, the offensive line is playing much better. It's good to see Jay Spires back in there playing some at center...hats off for him to playing through the pain.

Jackson's problem, surprisingly, has been defense lately. After holding explosive offenses like Granville and Athens to minimal production (for those offenses), Jackson just can't seem to do much right on the defensive side of the ball. Coach Hall and his staff have been playing many different kids, looking for the right combination, but they just can't seem to find the answer. Hopefully the Ironmen will have enough speed on that side of the ball to contain Portsmouth's athletes, and figure some things out for the stretch run of SEOAL play. Gotta tackle, and the rest may just take care of itself.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

I'll pick Jackson again this week. Looks like Portsmouth is having a rough year. Hopefully Jackson can get their act together on defense and shut the Trojans down. I still liked the look of the heavy D-Line against Logan. Maybe the offense can come out with a passing attack this game, hard to believe the season is almost over with.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Three weeks left and i'm sure the ironman coaching staff is scratching their heads from watching the films how to get this team ready for chilli and gallia. This will be interesting week of practice and to see what ajustments
the staff comes up with before the last two weeks of the season. I just don't see us beating chilli and gallia the way we have played the last three weeks.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Jackson wins this one.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Whats the matter Jackson not winning by enough points? Hey your winning, your team is beating the teams they should beat. You will end up with a winning season. Portsmouth has not really played well all year long and they are 1-6 if the kids do not come in flat and do what their coached to do they should winCHillie until last week has not done well all year long , ditto for them. I mean if you want to make some drama out of something that is really not reality, build this thing up into something that its not, knock yourself out. Jackson won the games they should have won. They will finish out the season doing the same thing. The Bear Front Defense Jackson uses will match up better with the Wing T if Gallia is still running it and the defense will play better. Covering their center and two guards, having a 7 technique and a wide 9 technique will give them problems. That defense is best when it can load up on under center tight end offenses and not spread offenses. It will not be any dramatic changes in strategy or amazing calls, the kids just need to do what their coached to do and they should finish out the year with a respectable season.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Charles Farquar wrote:Whats the matter Jackson not winning by enough points? Hey your winning, your team is beating the teams they should beat. You will end up with a winning season. Portsmouth has not really played well all year long and they are 1-6 if the kids do not come in flat and do what their coached to do they should winCHillie until last week has not done well all year long , ditto for them. I mean if you want to make some drama out of something that is really not reality, build this thing up into something that its not, knock yourself out. Jackson won the games they should have won. They will finish out the season doing the same thing. The Bear Front Defense Jackson uses will match up better with the Wing T if Gallia is still running it and the defense will play better. Covering their center and two guards, having a 7 technique and a wide 9 technique will give them problems. That defense is best when it can load up on under center tight end offenses and not spread offenses. It will not be any dramatic changes in strategy or amazing calls, the kids just need to do what their coached to do and they should finish out the year with a respectable season.
I love the Bear Defense!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Charles Farquar wrote:Whats the matter Jackson not winning by enough points? Hey your winning, your team is beating the teams they should beat. You will end up with a winning season. Portsmouth has not really played well all year long and they are 1-6 if the kids do not come in flat and do what their coached to do they should winCHillie until last week has not done well all year long , ditto for them. I mean if you want to make some drama out of something that is really not reality, build this thing up into something that its not, knock yourself out. Jackson won the games they should have won. They will finish out the season doing the same thing. The Bear Front Defense Jackson uses will match up better with the Wing T if Gallia is still running it and the defense will play better. Covering their center and two guards, having a 7 technique and a wide 9 technique will give them problems. That defense is best when it can load up on under center tight end offenses and not spread offenses. It will not be any dramatic changes in strategy or amazing calls, the kids just need to do what their coached to do and they should finish out the year with a respectable season.
Who is this directed toward?

To clarify what I was saying about the defense...

It has nothing to do with schemes. Our staff is preparing the team and putting them in position to be successful. However, the staff has had to make several personnel changes and try many different things due to a lack of focus and execution. For whatever reason, the Ironmen are struggling to tackle. That's part of the reason they have been going full contact in practice more than usual. I'm saying basically the same thing that Coach Hall, himself, has been saying the last few weeks.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Jackson jv loses 12-0 to logan was logans first win jv looked like varsity on defense all arms breaking down 10 yards down field and waiting for ball carrier to run by so they can grab hold on pursuit the look like they where running drill chase the guy when you get to him just touch him and let him go nobody runs thru the man and makes tackles. Jackson needs a lot of time in the weight room the only team we have been stonger than was wellston all year off season program must have been light or guys not lifting hard just putting in their time.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Maybe I'm incorrect but I don't think that Jackson should be focusing on any other game except for Portsmouth. Yes, Portsmouth has had a rough year but I am a firm believer that anyone can beat you on any given day. This week we need to focus on the little things. Keep working on the secondary, the linemen needs to keep improving, and maybe try to throw the ball a little more this week. Nothing too fancy just getting the fundamentals right. Landrum, Kearns, Griffths, Rafferty, and Osborne all aren't playing bad football right now. I think that Jackson can win out from here..IMO Get things right this week, and play some Ironman football

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

:( Amazing how far Portsmouth has gone down...no smack on this game at all..I would
think that the PHS fans have so beaten down by the last few seasons that they are
just too tired to really get involved in the talk..I sure hope PHS gives Jackson a great
game and play their hearts out, do not think PHS will win the game but sure
hope the Ironmen know they were in a game come the final whistle...having said
this GO TROJANS

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Hope to see the Ironmen get win #3 in SEOAL play tomorrow night at the Trojan Coliseum.

Gotta play 48 minutes of solid football. Step 3 of 5 to defend the title.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

gotta agree that little talk about the game. 24 hours to kick off and the sound of crickets is coming though the computer speakers. really unfortunate. heres hoping the trojans can get a victory.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

RxBurgFan wrote:gotta agree that little talk about the game. 24 hours to kick off and the sound of crickets is coming though the computer speakers. really unfortunate. heres hoping the trojans can get a victory.
Wheelersburg has beaten both of these teams, but would we get more computer points from DIII Jackson winning than we would from DIV Portsmouth winning?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

4th n Goal wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:gotta agree that little talk about the game. 24 hours to kick off and the sound of crickets is coming though the computer speakers. really unfortunate. heres hoping the trojans can get a victory.
Wheelersburg has beaten both of these teams, but would we get more computer points from DIII Jackson winning than we would from DIV Portsmouth winning?
You would want Jackson to win!

Return to “Football”