HOW THE IRONTON FRESHMAN DOING

timbo52
Riding the Bench

HOW THE IRONTON FRESHMAN DOING

Post by timbo52 »

just looking for some info on how good are they, big/small fast / slow? i don"t ever hear much about. just wondering whats coming up.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Re: HOW THE IRONTON FRESHMAN DOING

Post by ItownBrowns »

I've not seen a frosh game this year but I have seen the 8th grade team. Don't know their record but they beat verity (Ashland) 8th grade. they had a nice line with two of them big enough to be h.s. seniors. what I liked most about their o and d lines was they were athletic/ mobile. they had some nice skill players, no superstars or burners but just good hard nosed runners. qb tossed some nice passes and they had one boy lined up at different positions. he'll be a good player. the 2 big boys could totally dominate when they wanted to. but what I liked most out of this group was they did everything fundamentally well, block-tackle-run. the team as a whole looked athletic and seemed to have a very good understanding of what they were doing.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

There were some Freshmen that got some playing time against Bishop Hartley Friday, The Kicker Hunter Klaiber kicked the whole game and RB Jacob Long got some carries late in the game, they are both Freshmen.

Jacob Long is pretty fast at RB, I've heard some people compare him to Patrick Lewis. I would say he'll start the next three years for the Varsity.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I watched their 8th grade team play and wasnt very impressed. IMO there skill players arnt that bad there reciever was there best player. Tall fast decent hands. Their line is big but doesnt move real well. Their defense gave up big runs by over pursuing.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Do they not have enough for a 7th and 8th grade team? Watched them against the burg and, they really struggled against a burg team that is Ok but certainly not a dominant group. One thing that would concern me is numbers, didn't appear to have that many kids.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Nope they have only one team. I watched them play West who played half 7th graders and if not for 2 fumbles inside the 10 West wouldve one by a touchdown.

Return to “Football”