Week 10 - Minford at Valley - SOC II Championship(share)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Week 10 - Minford at Valley - SOC II Championship(share)

Post by NewEra »

Let it begin.

here4fun
Varsity

Re: Week 10 - Minford at Valley - SOC II Championship(share)

Post by here4fun »

Valley is not in the sharing mood ..... 8)

Minford is going to have to play their game of the year and then some Valley 28 Minford 14

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Gonna be a great packed atmosphere in Lucasville.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Should be a dandy. Hopefully we have better officiating crew for this one. The one tonight might have been the worst I've seen in awhile. It was a spectacle for sure.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Another exciting chapter in The Roadsign Rivalry.

Both teams will probably have playoffs locked up before the game, maybe even home-field.

Valley has been a surprise to most, even a surprise to some of their own fans to an extent. After watching them last year I just didn't see how they could reload but they have. Riding an 19 game regular season win streak they indians will not give it up without a tooth and nail fight.

Minford has rebounded in a big way this year. Lots of young talented guys that have proven they can play this year, and good leadership from the upper-classmen has been a recipe for success. My Falcons have a great opportunity this week. An opportunity to go 9-1, win a share of the SOC II, and of course beat their one true rival.

Games like this are why guys play high school football.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford has a shot at redemption after what happened last week vs Burg. Valley may need this win to finish first in Region 19. Minford would hold down at least the #3 spot in Region 15 with a win.

Whether or not Valley finishes 1 or 2 in their region doesnt make a huge difference. It matters more to Minford to get out of that #4 spot that would match them up with St Clairsville with a win over the #5 team. If the stars lined up exactly right they may have enough points to take 2nd place in Region 15 since Ironton's regular season is over as they are off next week. Havent done the math yet....

Oh, and there is something about a GOLD FOOTBALL on the line for Minford and Valley wants it all to themselves! Should be a dandy.

I look for both teams to play the way they do best next Friday. A turnover or two could make a huge difference. It should be a good one.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

And remembered ...I'm sure Valley does.
Their last regular season loss was to Minford in Lucasville. That loss really hurt, and I'm sure it will be on every Indians mind that we cannot leave a game in the officials hands. They will screw it up if given the chance.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

nutronron2012 wrote:And remembered ...I'm sure Valley does.
Their last regular season loss was to Minford in Lucasville. That loss really hurt, and I'm sure it will be on every Indians mind that we cannot leave a game in the officials hands. They will screw it up if given the chance.
We can agree to disagree. I watched that tape several times. I guess it depends on what color shirt you were wearing that night that deciphers what the eyes saw at the end of that play. Valley fans will continue to say he was in, Minford fans will swear it was short.

Lets both agree that hopefully we get a good crew for both team's benefit next Friday night.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont think friday will come down to a goal line situation.
Last edited by coop on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bleeding Red wrote:
We can agree to disagree. I watched that tape several times. I guess it depends on what color shirt you were wearing that night that deciphers what the eyes saw at the end of that play. Valley fans will continue to say he was in, Minford fans will swear it was short.

Lets both agree that hopefully we get a good crew for both team's benefit next Friday night.
But WE ALL KNOW WHY MINFORD WON THAT GAME was because Blake Yates was hurt end of story.....!!!!!!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Bleeding Red wrote:

Yes..you are right. That ship has sailed and can't change the outcome of that game. Hopefully we get a good fair crew and may the better team win. I'm sure it will be another excellent game. Should be a defensive game. Probably won't see the 20's.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Here4Fun wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

But WE ALL KNOW WHY MINFORD WON THAT GAME was because Blake Yates was hurt end of story.....!!!!!!!
Lets not do this all week..focus on this team, this game, this season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote: Lets not do this all week..focus on this team, this game, this season.

Agreed. Minford lost their QB to a concussion on their first drive. Same QB that nearly ran for over 1000 yards. We can hash it out all night but it doesnt amount to a hill of beans.

The game in 2010 was a very good game. Regardless of the call made toward the end, both teams battled hard without key players.

I expect this years game to be a dogfight. Whoever wins the line of scrimmage battle and turnover battle will win. End of story. And I will give credit to Valley. I never saw them rebounding after losing so many great players last year but they did. Never saw them beating Burg, but they did.

But I never saw Minford being as good as they are this year after last years season and they have been. Last week against Burg was a total blunder for Minford offensively with the turnovers and special teams play. Tonight they righted the ship against a scrappy Waverly team. Back on track so to speak. I just hope they show up Friday ready to execute the wing t and not try to do too much offensively. Ride the horse that got you there.

Should be a very good game. There should be mutual respect for both teams, but no love lost. Just as it should be!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Was glad to finally see Parsons getting time at wide out tonight. Did he have any receptions? Would still like to throw the ball on non traditional passing downs, and I would imagine a point of emphasis this week will be the QB setting his feet prior to throwing the football instead of on the run, especially when it is not needed to throw the ball on the run. Sean Berry demonstrated what many of us have been saying for weeks now and I feel will be the feature back moving forward with the tandem of Carter and Justice also continuing to contribute. Berry was also utilized in the passing game. A buddy of mine told me the Valley's pash rush can be aggressive so I like for Justice to get in the mix with the screen game as well. Again I really believe Matt Joyce could really contribute with a few touches on the edge or in space. Hopefully the Parsons at wide out was not simply just a senior night gesture, as he in my opinion should be a weapon Minford should covet on offense. Any chance the 5 wide "fat cat" comes back, I think Sean Berry could do a great job in this wrinkle as did Mark Slone in 2009-2010. Hats off to the staff, they have done a great job in the evolution of this offense which features many different skill sets, features, guys learning new sports, and young players. Should be a classic in Lucasville.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Minford cannot repeat what happened at Burg. They have to hang onto the ball. Burg ran 89 plays compared to Minfords 29. Tough to win like that. I look for this to be another classic Minford- Valley matchup. No one outside of Lucasville and Minford figured these two would be fighting for playoffs let alone a golden football. Should be a dandy! I can't wait!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Minford is actually a bigger surprise to me than Valley. I didn't see them being this good after the year they had last year. Will be another great game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

NewEra wrote:Was glad to finally see Parsons getting time at wide out tonight. Did he have any receptions? Would still like to throw the ball on non traditional passing downs, and I would imagine a point of emphasis this week will be the QB setting his feet prior to throwing the football instead of on the run, especially when it is not needed to throw the ball on the run. Sean Berry demonstrated what many of us have been saying for weeks now and I feel will be the feature back moving forward with the tandem of Carter and Justice also continuing to contribute. Berry was also utilized in the passing game. A buddy of mine told me the Valley's pash rush can be aggressive so I like for Justice to get in the mix with the screen game as well. Again I really believe Matt Joyce could really contribute with a few touches on the edge or in space. Hopefully the Parsons at wide out was not simply just a senior night gesture, as he in my opinion should be a weapon Minford should covet on offense. Any chance the 5 wide "fat cat" comes back, I think Sean Berry could do a great job in this wrinkle as did Mark Slone in 2009-2010. Should be a classic in Lucasville.

I completely agree about Berry getting the ball. I havent seen a cornerback that can bring him down one on one once he hits open space. I think Cody throws a great ball when he sets his feet. He seems to have a harder time when he rolls out to his left side, but he threw a he11 of a pass on the backside post to Berry tonight.

I think we will be fine if we stick to the running game and run alot of jet/buck sweeps and pop Carter and Berry between the tackles. Throw every now and then but not just when you need to.

Just remember that Stapleton came in this year to a new system. The coaches didnt know exactly what to expect out of him and didnt even know until just before week 1 that he was eligible. This is a big learning year for him, as he will make mistakes as he learns the process of what they need him to do. I would like to see him take off and get those 5-10 easy yards if the recievers are covered downfield instead of forcing something. But he has improved tremendously and will continue to do so.

Last week was a team loss, this week was a team win. If they play the game we both know they can, they will be fine next week.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Bleeding Red wrote:
NewEra wrote:Was glad to finally see Parsons getting time at wide out tonight. Did he have any receptions? Would still like to throw the ball on non traditional passing downs, and I would imagine a point of emphasis this week will be the QB setting his feet prior to throwing the football instead of on the run, especially when it is not needed to throw the ball on the run. Sean Berry demonstrated what many of us have been saying for weeks now and I feel will be the feature back moving forward with the tandem of Carter and Justice also continuing to contribute. Berry was also utilized in the passing game. A buddy of mine told me the Valley's pash rush can be aggressive so I like for Justice to get in the mix with the screen game as well. Again I really believe Matt Joyce could really contribute with a few touches on the edge or in space. Hopefully the Parsons at wide out was not simply just a senior night gesture, as he in my opinion should be a weapon Minford should covet on offense. Any chance the 5 wide "fat cat" comes back, I think Sean Berry could do a great job in this wrinkle as did Mark Slone in 2009-2010. Should be a classic in Lucasville.

I completely agree about Berry getting the ball. I havent seen a cornerback that can bring him down one on one once he hits open space. I think Cody throws a great ball when he sets his feet. He seems to have a harder time when he rolls out to his left side, but he threw a he11 of a pass on the backside post to Berry tonight.

I think we will be fine if we stick to the running game and run alot of jet/buck sweeps and pop Carter and Berry between the tackles. Throw every now and then but not just when you need to.

Just remember that Stapleton came in this year to a new system. The coaches didnt know exactly what to expect out of him and didnt even know until just before week 1 that he was eligible. This is a big learning year for him, as he will make mistakes as he learns the process of what they need him to do. I would like to see him take off and get those 5-10 easy yards if the recievers are covered downfield instead of forcing something. But he has improved tremendously and will continue to do so.

Last week was a team loss, this week was a team win. If they play the game we both know they can, they will be fine next week.
Stapleton has done a great job, I think his game is peaking at the right time as we are close to post season. I just desperately plead...LOL for Parsons to stay at WR, that gives you two options of athletic wideouts at 6'4 with Farrar.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

NewEra wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Stapleton has done a great job, I think his game is peaking at the right time as we are close to post season. I just desperately plead...LOL for Parsons to stay at WR, that gives you two options of athletic wideouts at 6'4 with Farrar.
No I like that move also. Parsons seems very athletic and I saw him make an amazing catch in the Fairland scrimmage. Its nice to have 2 kids that are fast with good hands and their height at the wideout positions.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'll take Valley

Return to “Football”