Week 10 - Minford at Valley - SOC II Championship(share)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

crab_apple4
JV Team

Re: Week 10 - Minford at Valley - SOC II Championship(share)

Post by crab_apple4 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
valley23 wrote:
valley23 wrote:Valley is just too tough on defense. It is hard for any back from the opposing team to get many tough yards. It seems that every tackle has the player knocked on his butt or back rather than falling forward to gain extra yards. J.J Hetinger is the toughest DL I've seen in quite sometime. I don't think we will have a problem with Minford's offense. I'm so proud of our defensive line!! They have really stepped up to the plate this year.

Let's get it done this week and become back to back outright champs of the League.
And I will let my opinion be known that the next three years, we will have a great chance at winning the SOC as well. Five in a row SOC II crowns is not to far fetched for us who know the talent that is here in Lucasville. Last year's team instilled a winning attitude around these parts and we have some pretty good talent to go along with that attitude!
Also, I'm not saying we will win 5 in a row. Just that we have a great chance. Burg and Minford and maybe west will be major obsticals in our way. Just saying that we have a program that will be pretty darn good for the next few years.
I have seen Valley's Jr High team and there will not be 5 in a row any time soon if those kids dont get much stronger and more fundamental. They were pretty bad. Alot can change over the course of 3-4 years but generally speaking toughness, tackling and blocking dont.Burg and Minford both have tons of talent coming up from Jr High through Sophomores and Juniors.
I agree, that the talk of 5 is premature and not something that can be or should be predicted. This year is a prime example of the effect that success and hard work can have on a program. These kids obviously had some talent, but many were blocked by an exceptional senior class. The past 6-8 years should have shown us that this could happen with any of the SOC programs as there hasn't been a repeated champion unti this season.

But I do want to disagree with the bolded part... This years senior class won 1 game in junior high. Things can change and sometimes you only need 2-3 kids from a bad class to gel with the kids have a good class. Also the toughness, tackling, and blocking part normally comes with growth and confidence... This year's jr team definitely had its struggles, but they improved drastically from start to finish. I've seen it before at Valley... Valley has rarely had a strong jr high team and yet found ways to be successful at the high school level. I just disagree that those things come at an early age. I think they have come when the kid grows and becomes confident in what they can do athletically.

Good luck Friday night!

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

I was talking about the freshman on up. Maybe I shouldn't have brought that up yet in this topic. Just couldn't help but get excited about our future.
I do agree that we might possibly have our hands full tomorrow. Minford is no slouch this year/ It's a great rivalry. Always a close game. I'm hoping for an injury free game and that both sides put on a great performance for us fans.

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

I also here that the odds are 3:1 that there will be a streaker this year :)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

valley23 wrote:I was talking about the freshman on up. Maybe I shouldn't have brought that up yet in this topic. Just couldn't help but get excited about our future.
I do agree that we might possibly have our hands full tomorrow. Minford is no slouch this year/ It's a great rivalry. Always a close game. I'm hoping for an injury free game and that both sides put on a great performance for us fans.
Its easy to get fired up when the program is doing well. Valley had done a remarkable job over the past few years. That is why Minford fans get ousted on here for getting excited about the football team. Some people are just jealous. This will be 5 playoff appearances in 6 years and its easy to see why the stands are full and the expectations are high.

To me, the better the SOC II schools are overall the better represented we are in Southern Ohio come playoff time.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

As most Burg fans should be, I am hoping Minford will be able to put up some points and pull off the upset against Valley. Strictly based on the games I saw for both teams against Burg, I don't think Minford will be able to move the ball at all, but with different matchups, you never know.

Good Luck Falcons!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
valley23 wrote:I was talking about the freshman on up. Maybe I shouldn't have brought that up yet in this topic. Just couldn't help but get excited about our future.
Its easy to get fired up when the program is doing well. Valley had done a remarkable job over the past few years. That is why Minford fans get ousted on here for getting excited about the football team. Some people are just jealous. This will be 5 playoff appearances in 6 years and its easy to see why the stands are full and the expectations are high.

To me, the better the SOC II schools are overall the better represented we are in Southern Ohio come playoff time.
Great post. I agree. Southern Ohio will be well represented this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

valley23 wrote:I also here that the odds are 3:1 that there will be a streaker this year :)
I will give 5:1 odds that this time they get caught!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
valley23 wrote:I also here that the odds are 3:1 that there will be a streaker this year :)
Only if they drag their bean bag climbing over the wall like last time :lol: There should've been enough DNA evidence hung on the wall last time to make an arrest. :lol:

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

A-Bomb wrote:Just to point something out... An not just because im die hard minford, but has it occurred to anybody that valley might come out flat? They just came off a tough fought win against burg( who beat minford 34-7) while minford is coming off a rather easy week... I've seen this many times before a good team comes out flat after a huge victory the week before.. Just something to keep an eye on
most of the time I would agree with this. Considering that there was no big injuries from the burg game and this is a big rivarly game, and for the out right SOCII Championship, and many people saying that this team couldn't do it. I'd lay bet they come out fired up and ready to finish business.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Not a pleasant image at all... :shock:

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I am not worried about them coming out flat. I think they will be even more pumped up for this game then even the burg game. They want the soc outright and they want the number 1 seed. I look for a insane crowd the weather looks like it will be great and there just is no other big game to go to Friday.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I think Minford executes and doesn't make mistakes and sneaks out of Lucasville with a win!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

NewEra wrote:I think Minford executes and doesn't make mistakes and sneaks out of Lucasville with a win!
Thats not going to happen....Just sayin.... :mrgreen:

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Here4Fun wrote:
NewEra wrote:I think Minford executes and doesn't make mistakes and sneaks out of Lucasville with a win!

Thanks for your opinion kind sir... lol

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

NewEra wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:

Thanks for your opinion kind sir... lol
Just trying to keep things going it getting a little boreing on here...lol
There is only so much you can say about a game that hasnt even been played yet.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Haha yes, 5 pages is pretty good for a tuesday night though. Off-topic but I enjoy the large bags of Popcorn valley offers , and that it is a pepsi school lol. 8)

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
Only if they drag their bean bag climbing over the wall like last time :lol: There should've been enough DNA evidence hung on the wall last time to make an arrest. :lol:

I nominate this for post of the year. :lol:

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Lol what is it about this game that brings out the streakers thing is this game will be broadcast live on vsn this could be a bad idea

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

izladoom wrote:Lol what is it about this game that brings out the streakers thing is this game will be broadcast live on vsn this could be a bad idea
I dont know how they would get over the wall if I remember right there was bleachers or something on the North end last time that happend.....

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I think I remember 1 boy climbing up to the top and standing and posing and did 1 boy try to climb it but didn't make it over and had to run out the side gate?

Return to “Football”