Week 10 - Minford at Valley - SOC II Championship(share)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

philbilly
Freshman Team

Re: Week 10 - Minford at Valley - SOC II Championship(share)

Post by philbilly »

I'm a mohawk fan who came to watch some good football at Valley HS tonight and I was not disapointed. Both teams played with tremendous desire for four quarters. The hitting was unbelievable for both sides, and the coaching on both sides was superb. These are two programs headed in the right direction.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Generally speaking, great game!!! Probably closer than what most people thought, but was also very disappointing. Minford had their chances to score at least 10 points tonight, but we didn't . i watch what happened tonight and thought to myself that maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully, this tough loss will motivate our players even more for the playoffs next week.

Speaking of next week's first round playoffs, I just checked the "updated" computer rankings and saw that not all scores are reported. When all scores for tonight are reported, then it should show Minford hosting Piketon for a home playoff game, with Indian Valley traveling to Johnstown. Should be a great rematch!!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Two tough teams tonight. Minford just didn't do the things you need to win. You can't blame the refs when you're making mistakes.
Congrats to Valley, go rep the SOC II.

Falcons can make a run if they execute at a high level. Potential is high for this team, they just have to meet it.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I believe it will end up with Minford at 16.10 and Piketon at 15.925.

I'm gonna say Piketon at Minford next week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's brother wrote:I believe it will end up with Minford at 16.10 and Piketon at 15.925.

I hope you are right!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:I believe it will end up with Minford at 16.10 and Piketon at 15.925.

I hope you are right!
I can't swear to it, but crunching the numbers real quick that is what I came up with.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Out of curiousity, did any of our posters on here purchase a program tonight at the game and see the page highlighting the Valley-Minford All-Time series? I know the two guys responsible for looking that information up put in a lot of hours gathering the history of Valley football and wanted to showcase this excellent rivalry tonight prior to releasing all of the information they looked up and pieced together. 8)

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jesco White wrote:Out of curiousity, did any of our posters on here purchase a program tonight at the game and see the page highlighting the Valley-Minford All-Time series? I know the two guys responsible for looking that information up put in a lot of hours gathering the history of Valley football and wanted to showcase this excellent rivalry tonight prior to releasing all of the information they looked up and pieced together. 8)
I did Jesco. Very good information there. Thanks for all the hard work.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Out of curiousity, did any of our posters on here purchase a program tonight at the game and see the page highlighting the Valley-Minford All-Time series? I know the two guys responsible for looking that information up put in a lot of hours gathering the history of Valley football and wanted to showcase this excellent rivalry tonight prior to releasing all of the information they looked up and pieced together. 8)
I did Jesco. Very good information there. Thanks for all the hard work.
You're very welcome. We had a lot of fun looking everything up and we learned quite a bit along the way. I think you will really enjoy what we have in the works. And, it will all end up benefiting a great cause.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I thought this would be a 14-7 type game. Kind of game where you hate to see someone come up short. I really think Stepleton was tackled into the endzone, and it should have gone to OT. Oh well, that was a great game to watch, and Minford showed what type of team they have. With 2 freshman and a handful of sophs starting, this Minford team will make noise in the SOCII in the years to come.

Congrats to the Lucasville Valley Indians on winning the SOCII outright for the second straight year. Good luck in the playoffs from this Minford fan!
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Vlad......... The SOC2 is not going to get easier , lot of youth in all the teams . You can expect these types of games for the forseeable future ! And a BIG CONGRATS to the Indians Back 2 Back SOC2 Conference Champs and Back 2 Back 10-0 perfect regular season wins WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK 2 MINFORD and VALLEY in the playoffs !

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

I was standing right there where he was tackled at the two yard line and slid in to the in zone.
Congratulations to the Lucasville for a great season and the SOCII.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

007 wrote:I was standing right there where he was tackled at the two yard line and slid in to the in zone.
Congratulations to the Lucasville for a great season and the SOCII.
Thanks for the clarification as you're down where you touch, not where you slide to.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

He didn't slide it, his knee actually hit the plyon. I was standing right there as well, next to the locker rooms. We will just have to wait to see the film. Nonetheless, the call was made, nothing can change that. There is no excuse for the fumble on the next play where the line opened a hole big enough to drive a semi through.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

It's real simple, if you have a purple shirt on, he didn't get in, however if you are wearing red it is a touchdown. I'll be interested to hear from the film.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Dr Lou wrote:It's real simple, if you have a purple shirt on, he didn't get in, however if you are wearing red it is a touchdown. I'll be interested to hear from the film.
Exactly....we owed them 1 from 2 years in the 7-6 debacle, so we'll just settle and call it even...LOL :lol:

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Seems to me every team has to be 2 tds better to play at valley.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

dreamweaver wrote:Seems to me every team has to be 2 tds better to play at valley.
The officials haven't helped Valley at all the last 2 games. Valley has fought hard to overcome odd to win the past 2 weeks.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

dreamweaver wrote:Seems to me every team has to be 2 tds better to play at valley.
I'd love to think we have that kind of advantage! Many unbiased people that attended the Burg game felt the Indians got some bad breaks from the officials. Either way, the officiating didn't determine either game. Calls may impact the game, but both crews let the players decide the outcome.

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

All I misted one detail the pylon he slid in to the pylon and I was wearing Red. :lol:

Return to “Football”