Week 9 (1-7) Waverly @ (7-1) Minford

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 9 (1-7) Waverly @ (7-1) Minford

Post by smurray »

Skye is out of surgery, alert and coherent. In need of much prayer for strength and healing. A tremendous show of support as around 60 people from Waverly made the trip to the hospital.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Prayers for the Waverly student body and the Szoke family.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Story was just on NBC News 4. The game is on and will be played in Beau's honor.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

May God shower his blessing and grace on this community. Times like this let us know that there is much more important t things than a kids game. Prayers for our brothers and sisters. And a special prayer for that little girl.

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

Praying peace and comfort to ALL affected and touched by this tragedy!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Praying for the Szoke family and community of Waverly for comfort through this hard time and a speedy recovery for Skye...

Pigskinplayer
Waterboy

Post by Pigskinplayer »

Tiger nation has been rocked today, but God is faithful. May His peace and strength be with the family and students.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

Prayer going out from Minford....it was very heartbreaking, as I saw the Waverly football players come into the restaurant where I work a few at a time trying to hold back tears.....knowing that there was nothing that I could do for them.....I wanted to go give them all a hug....hang tuff boys and remember Beau will be with you.....Prayers!!!!!!!!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

I work with the parents of this young man and young lady. Allen and I are close. It pains my heart to have heard then news of this tradgey. On behalf of the Viking Nation, our prayers go out Allen and Martha. May his Little Man forever rest in peace, and may our Father in Heaven provide a quick recovery for Miss Skye. Our prayers also go out to the whole Tiger nation who also shares in this loss. May the Good Lord help mend all the hearts that ache as a result of this. I know mine does. God Bless.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Prayers for the Szoke family.RIP young man and may God Bless and heal the young lady.Prayers go out to all the Tiger nation

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

May the Lord's grace touch the Szoke family during this trouble time, as well as with the Waverly School District.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Good job Minford, takin' care of business.

I wanna give prayers out to all of waverly. No community should go through that. Same thing happened to Minford back in 1997. I was in 8th grade, and it was very hard to go through. Good luck against Northwest next week.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Good win Minford.

Condolences to the Szoke family. Be sure to keep the Waverly Community and the Szoke family in your prayers.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good win for Minford. They came out and took care of business tonight. The running game was strong and defensively Waverly had a hard time doing much but did bust a couple good runs. For what those young men from Waverly have been through this week I have respect for every one of them coming out tonight and playing hard all 4 quarters.

The after game ceremony that Minford and Waverly coaches, players and fans shared set a great tone. Instead of Minford doing their own team thing on the sideline after a win, I though it was great to share the moment with Waverly in prayer for the family and their lost loved one. It put into perspective how small the game of football is in the the grand scheme of life and how selfishly we sometimes take things for granted and make things priorities when they shouldnt be. Give your kids an extra hug and kiss tonight, as you just never know. That kind of loss is truly unimaginable.

Good luck next week against Northwest and I am sure there will be many prayers going up from Minford for the Szoke family during this difficult time.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

So very proud of my boys....they showed such compassion and were very sportsman like....helping each other up and then hugging and praying with each other.....my heart brakes for the Szoke family and for the Waverly community........last night was a very touching night.....God Bless ALL of you!!!!!!!!!!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

In what was the most difficult game to call on the radio in my tenure by a longshot, I can't help but mention the class that the Falcons showed Friday night. From the cheerleaders taking up a donation in Minford's stands for the Szoke family, the way in which the Falcons played aggressively but not boastful, to the red-carpet treatment we received in the pressbox, it was a true display of class by the Falcons. It made me very proud to be a member of the SOC.

Return to “Football”