Week 9: Wheelersburg (7-1, 3-0) @ Valley (8-0, 3-0)

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Re: Week 9: Wheelersburg (7-1, 3-0) @ Valley (8-0, 3-0)

Post by N B Heat »

After reading some posts on here for the first time this week I have to feel that some Burg posters are underestimating the Indians resolve . I feel that they will leave this game with a different opinion . Make no mistake about it Valley will be up to the challenge ! This will be a battle of epic proportions !!! GO INDIANS !

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

N B Heat wrote:After reading some posts on here for the first time this week I have to feel that some Burg posters are underestimating the Indians resolve . I feel that they will leave this game with a different opinion . Make no mistake about it Valley will be up to the challenge ! This will be a battle of epic proportions !!! GO INDIANS !
Dont worry about Burg posters their team has seen films and they know what they are up against and if they feel that we are weak they will find out the hard way they better come ready to play.......

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Personally, I do not underestimate the Indians, but I don't think they have been tested the way they will be tonight. Based on the success the Burg offense has had all year, I don't think that Valley will have much luck stopping them. Going into the games with Jackson and Minford, I thought those 2 teams would be difficult to move the ball on. Against Jackson, Burg had 450 yards of offense and 460 yards against Minford. It seems that this group of kids rises to the occasion for the tough games and plays out the game plan from the coaching staff very well. Amazingly, their season low of offense has been 320 yards against Portsmouth and they scored 43 points in that game (mostly because we started in Portsmouth's side of the field most of the game). If Valley is able to stop them, they will deserve the win, but I do not see that happening tonight.

GO PIRATES!!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Tonights game is going to be on VSN http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/ and then click onto the VSN link I think airtime is going to be aroung 7:25 p.m.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

Here4Fun wrote:
N B Heat wrote:After reading some posts on here for the first time this week I have to feel that some Burg posters are underestimating the Indians resolve . I feel that they will leave this game with a different opinion . Make no mistake about it Valley will be up to the challenge ! This will be a battle of epic proportions !!! GO INDIANS !
Dont worry about Burg posters their team has seen films and they know what they are up against and if they feel that we are weak they will find out the hard way they better come ready to play.......
THIS GAME IS WHAT BEING THE SOC 2 CHAMPIONS IS ALL ABOUT, BURG WILL FIND THAT OUT TONITE FOR SURE..... :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Post by NTHZONE »

Personally I think the same could be said for the Pirates . lets face it Ironton is not Ironton this year , Jackson is not Jackson , Minford has struggled with its offense although they do have a good defense . Now on the road for the Pirates which I feel is really a true barometer for them the Grove played them tough , Waverly put up some good yards on them but Waverly is weak on defense . Valley will be the strongest defense that the Burg will have played this year and will mirror Ironton on offense ! So I'm not going to guarantee a win on this game for either team but do think this game is going to surprise some people !

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

N4da'score wrote:THIS GAME IS WHAT BEING THE SOC 2 CHAMPIONS IS ALL ABOUT, BURG WILL FIND THAT OUT TONITE FOR SURE..... :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24
Burg has 28 trophies to show they know what being the champion is about!! :aaaaa63

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

4th n Goal wrote:
N4da'score wrote:THIS GAME IS WHAT BEING THE SOC 2 CHAMPIONS IS ALL ABOUT, BURG WILL FIND THAT OUT TONITE FOR SURE..... :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24
Burg has 28 trophies to show they know what being the champion is about!! :aaaaa63
4th n Goal you are so correct........But the SWAG is now PURPLE & GOLD for a few years to come........jus say'n!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

4th n Goal wrote:
You cant bring back those 28 teams that won those 28 trophies They are not going to be able to help you tonight.... :mrgreen:

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

Looking at the radar it looks like it is going to be a wet one for high school football in the area.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

NTHZONE wrote:Personally I think the same could be said for the Pirates . lets face it Ironton is not Ironton this year , Jackson is not Jackson , Minford has struggled with its offense although they do have a good defense .
I agree with you somewhat, but Ironton clinched a playoff spot after week 5 and then played a schedule nobody else would want to touch for 3 weeks, Jackson lost to 3 teams in a row that are all 7-1 and all of which are in the playoffs, Minford is 7-1 and in the playoffs......none of those are 'bad' teams. If Valley "mirrors" Ironton's offense, it must be one of those fun house mirrors, because I am sure they have nobody as explosive as Lewis or anyone that runs as hard as White!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Here4Fun wrote:You cant bring back those 28 teams that won those 28 trophies They are not going to be able to help you tonight.... :mrgreen:
You can't bring back the teams, but the program is already built.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Just a quick weather update from Valley. I just left the Stadium few minutes ago and the wind has really picked up. It is well over 10mph with higher gusts and it has started to sprinkle. I was hoping for a dry game with low wind but it looks like it is going to get nasty.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

nutronron2012 wrote:Just a quick weather update from Valley. I just left the Stadium few minutes ago and the wind has really picked up. It is well over 10mph with higher gusts and it has started to sprinkle. I was hoping for a dry game with low wind but it looks like it is going to get nasty.
Looking at the radar there is a good chance the most of it will be gone by game time....

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Here4Fun wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:Just a quick weather update from Valley. I just left the Stadium few minutes ago and the wind has really picked up. It is well over 10mph with higher gusts and it has started to sprinkle. I was hoping for a dry game with low wind but it looks like it is going to get nasty.
Looking at the radar there is a good chance the most of it will be gone by game time....
I agree....looks like it should be moved out in a couple of hours. If you are able to get a seat, bring something to dry it off with!!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

WOW some of the signs that Valley put out is hilarious. "The tradition continues" WHAT TRADITION YOU HAVE NO TRADITION WELL NO WINNING TRADITION........BURG BY 3 TD's....... JUST like Minford last week going down! I just get tired of Minford and Valley's fans talking trash.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

It's not ok for minford or valleys fans to talk trash but its ok for burgs fans? The funny thing is I have not really seen any valley fans talk trash in the two threads about this game. Just cause they pick valley to win that's not talking trash it's when you put the other fan bases down and say you are going blow the other team away that's talking trash.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

i saw some of the signs out this morning....at least the back of them as i was driving toward 23 past the school. Most fans and the Burg buses will come through Minford to the game. I think they are on the wrong side of the entrance.....

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah the signs are a little crazy but you have to realize they are made up by teenage girls what do you expect. Even us valley fans get a good laugh out of them. With that said I know some fans that came down for the home playoff game and they said valley put on the best game they have seen in 30 years. They said the atmosphere and the girls dressed up riding horses was just amazing. They don't see that much effort in games up north. They also fell in love with the stadium.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

then what wrote:WOW some of the signs that Valley put out is hilarious. "The tradition continues" WHAT TRADITION YOU HAVE NO TRADITION WELL NO WINNING TRADITION........BURG BY 3 TD's....... JUST like Minford last week going down! I just get tired of Minford and Valley's fans talking trash.
AND THIS I TAKE IT AIN'T TRASH............................ :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Return to “Football”