BURG VS iRONTON FRESHMAN

callie11
Freshman Team

BURG VS iRONTON FRESHMAN

Post by callie11 »

Went up to check out the Burg - Ironton freshman fb game this evening. We left after 3 quarters Burg 38 Ironton 0.

then what
Varsity

Re: BURG VS iRONTON FRESHMAN

Post by then what »

the burg freshman team finally played like the team of old. great job boys total domination, Ironton's program is in trouble.......

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Some of Irontons Freshmen are dressing for the Varsity game tomorrow due to some of the injuries, I would think they didn't play in this game.

Congrats to Burg on the win though.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Yes...at ironton we put our varsity program first...but congrats for your win

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

After this game and the Burg 8th grade defeated Ironton 24-8, plus the fact that Ironton has 20+ seniors on the varsity team, could be a sign that the Ironton program may have a few lean years ahead. I understand that maybe a couple freshmen are dressing varsity this week, but I am sure the freshmen coaches kept enough kids playing to feel confident they could have still won this game.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Ironman freshman and 8th totally handled burg could be great games coming in the future for the ironman with all the sophmore that are playing varsity.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons Freshmen QB, RB, Kicker and 2 Linemen are dressing for the Oak Hill game, they didn't play in the Freshmen game.
Wheelersburg may very well still have won the game but I'd say the game wouldn't have been a blowout with them playing.

LITTLE TIGER
Waterboy

Post by LITTLE TIGER »

then what wrote:the burg freshman team finally played like the team of old. great job boys total domination, Ironton's program is in trouble.......
I WAS THERE AS WELL & IT WAS NOT AS DOMONITE AS THE SCORE SEEMS WHEELERSBURG HAD 3 DEFFENSIVE SCORES ALL INTERCEPTIONS RETURNED FOR TOUCHDOWNS ONE IN THE ENDZONE WHEN IRONTON WAS GOING IN FOR THE SCORE BEFORE HALFTIME SO IT COULD HAVE VERY EASILY BEEN 24 LESS POINTS FOR WHEELERSBURG & 8 MORE FOR " IRONTON"

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Come on guys winning Freshmen games does not equal varsity wins.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Sound like it time to schedule the tigers

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Are freshmen are good
They are dressing for Varsity
#30 better keep an eye on him he's the next to dominate

That's the whole starting freshman backfield
So you beat backups congrats
Please schedule Ironton we need more local teams

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

:mrgreen:

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

OMG!!! Are they really bragging about beeating 2nd stringers?? Guess it's exciting when you can get a win against freshmen..........even if it is the 2nd team!!!! HAHAHA.......
Last edited by Railroadn on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I guess beating ironton is a big deal no matter how you do it or what the age.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Look boys the pirates have played this class for the last 3 years. Jake Long has always been the running back in this class and he played! You also brought down # 32 who is not a freshman he is a soph! so It wasnt your 2nd team freshman and I continue to say Ironton's program is in trouble. Unless the typical yearly move in's happen!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

#32 is a Freshmen from what I seen in the Ironton Football program.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

then what wrote:Look boys the pirates have played this class for the last 3 years. Jake Long has always been the running back in this class and he played! You also brought down # 32 who is not a freshman he is a soph! so It wasnt your 2nd team freshman and I continue to say Ironton's program is in trouble. Unless the typical yearly move in's happen!
Who was our "typical yearly" move ins this year or last year?

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

32 is a freshman...he is the son of one of our basketball coaches and past football player who graduated in '87

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

From what I hear it wasn't a cake walk...however...once they move up to be coached by the high school staff they will be much different..it is only freshman ball...they aren't put through the same program that our varsity goes through nor are they coached by the same people...it will make a large difference with this group.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

then what wrote:Look boys the pirates have played this class for the last 3 years. Jake Long has always been the running back in this class and he played! You also brought down # 32 who is not a freshman he is a soph! so It wasnt your 2nd team freshman and I continue to say Ironton's program is in trouble. Unless the typical yearly move in's happen!
Must congradulate Burg on their historic win...it sounds like from the way this individual is talking they must not have ever beaten Ironton before...

Return to “Football”