SOC II Player of the Year

crab_apple4
JV Team

Re: SOC II Player of the Year

Post by crab_apple4 »

wink wrote:
crab_apple4 wrote:I still think Howard's defensive efforts are being dismissed. I think the way he has played defensively, along with his offensive accomplishments puts him at the top of the list with Miller. No doubt, Miller's offensive numbers are special... He's a darn good player! Burg's offensive style is going to lead to bigger offensive numbers for the position. I just think there is something to be said for a guy that has been special on both sides of the ball. He's also taken care of the ball in an amazing way. It's just not an open and shut case in my opinion.... If it were offensive back of the year, or offensive player of the year then Miller would win hands down.
So, you're saying that Miller didn't play defense ? I thought I read where he had 7 tackles in the Valley game.

He was just so outstanding offensively his defense was overlooked a lot.
You're right.... I said Miller doesn't play defense. Silly me! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm glad you and others that you don't know are around to keep me in line. I will never try to enter a discussion or raise another side to a question that is posed. I will never have a grown up and civil conversation with people like wobycat. People that can discuss the topic at hand and see different sides of the argument. How irresponsible of me... please accept my apology.

PS... Jesco, I appreciate you reading and comprehending what I had to say earlier. I apologize for not making it clear enough that others could decipher what I was saying without your help. Without you, some people may not have been able to understand what I had to say. Well done good sir!
Last edited by crab_apple4 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

crab_apple4 wrote:
wink wrote:
crab_apple4 wrote:I still think Howard's defensive efforts are being dismissed. I think the way he has played defensively, along with his offensive accomplishments puts him at the top of the list with Miller. No doubt, Miller's offensive numbers are special... He's a darn good player! Burg's offensive style is going to lead to bigger offensive numbers for the position. I just think there is something to be said for a guy that has been special on both sides of the ball. He's also taken care of the ball in an amazing way. It's just not an open and shut case in my opinion.... If it were offensive back of the year, or offensive player of the year then Miller would win hands down.
So, you're saying that Miller didn't play defense ? I thought I read where he had 7 tackles in the Valley game.

He was just so outstanding offensively his defense was overlooked a lot.
You're right.... I said Miller doesn't play defense. Silly me! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm glad you and others that you don't know are around to keep me in line. I will never try to enter a discussion or raise another side to a question that is posed. I will never have a grown up and civil conversation with people like wobycat. People that can discuss the topic at hand and see different sides of the argument. How irresponsible of me... please except my apology.

PS... Jesco, I appreciate you reading a comprehending what I had to say earlier. I apologize for not making it clear enough that others could decipher what I was saying without your help. Without you, some people may not have been able to understand what I had to say. Well done good sir!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Valley won the league so Howard gets the recognition that's how it works folks! Being a pirate fan I think Eddie had an awesome year but We didn't win the league therefore you will see Valley with more kids on the all SOC team. To prevent this from happening win the league! Crabtree will get coach of the year, And there huge lineman will get Lineman of the year........

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I dont haved a dog in this fight but in my opinion Miller should be the winner no question. The reason being said is West had a pretty good defense against the run especially between the tackles, we just did not defend the corners or the pass. Howard had 40 some yards on like 14 carries, he did have a really nice game throwing for i think 163 yards. Miller had 130 some yards rushing on like 13 carries and threw for around 260 yards. Miller had almost as much rushing yards as did Valley's whole team did against West, he was the only back in the league to rush for over 100 yards against us. So thats why i say Miller should be the back of the year in the SOC 2. Both young men had great seasons but I think Miller was the better of the two.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I would love to see Eddie win the award and with his stats he is very deserving, but like then what said above this award has almost always gone to a player on the conference champion so I would be really surprised to not see it go to Howard. He is very deserving of the award in his own right so I would have no problem with that at all. Best of luck to all the kids that are eligible to win this award.

Aaronn
Waterboy

Post by Aaronn »

According to my opinion the Lineman and Back of the year award should goes to Miller. On the other side Eddie is also a good player. These two players are most favorite of mine in SOC gaming.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Obviously Coach Crabtree will get the COY nod, but Brent Daniels has also done a great job this year with a Minford team not many expected to compete for the league and make the post season.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Eddie Miller is my pick.

DreamTeam
Waterboy

Post by DreamTeam »

Eddie Miller should be player of the year no questions asked. Broke many records this year and had a great overall season! Also, being named District V offensive player of the year should help too.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

When do they pick these awards?

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Post by RollTribe09 »

The players and coaches have already been picked it was done the Monday after the regular season ended. Just waiting for them to be released

Return to “Football”