Week 10: Southern @ Eastern

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Re: Week 10: Southern @ Eastern

Post by Remember_The_Name »

The Dog wrote:The boys down at Toms sayed ther rollin out the balls saterdy nite when they boys get back to the gym. Anybody herd any of that? Its omost basketball thirty.
Barber Tom must have knicked off a little more than he should have again, ill make it a point to go down and tell him to not get so close to the cranium with "the dog"

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

The community owes the A.D. NOTHING.Principal and Super not their job.Somebody dropped the ball on this or didn't even try to pick it up.Papers on A.D. DESK in May.The kid never even played football before this year,so where is your big advantage?Just another example of not caring if you can change a young persons life.Has happened too many times in the district and I beleive the community needs a change.Just my opion and beleive I 'm aloud to have one.Community needs to take a stance for some things to change.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

gobucks31 wrote:The community owes the A.D. NOTHING.Principal and Super not their job.Somebody dropped the ball on this or didn't even try to pick it up.Papers on A.D. DESK in May.The kid never even played football before this year,so where is your big advantage?Just another example of not caring if you can change a young persons life.Has happened too many times in the district and I beleive the community needs a change.Just my opion and beleive I 'm aloud to have one.Community needs to take a stance for some things to change.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

gobucks31 wrote:The community owes the A.D. NOTHING.Principal and Super not their job.Somebody dropped the ball on this or didn't even try to pick it up.Papers on A.D. DESK in May.The kid never even played football before this year,so where is your big advantage?Just another example of not caring if you can change a young persons life.Has happened too many times in the district and I beleive the community needs a change.Just my opion and beleive I 'm aloud to have one.Community needs to take a stance for some things to change.
The advantage comment was meant for other teams in the future. I hope you have changed your mind on what is owed to the AD, since the wins have been restored. She had her paper work together, and it was the OHSAA that didn't. Thankfully, the AD got this all cleared up, and now the football team can get to the post season. :12224

Mr. Hoff
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr. Hoff »

The game is Saturday at 7 correct?

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Yes Steegal ,when elephants fly.I'll say our superintendent did a hellava job.Too many times contracts turned in late and for years it's been going on!!! Doesn't care about the kids or the district.Just stirs the pot.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

7:30

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

Steegal wrote:
The advantage comment was meant for other teams in the future. I hope you have changed your mind on what is owed to the AD, since the wins have been restored. She had her paper work together, and it was the OHSAA that didn't. Thankfully, the AD got this all cleared up, and now the football team can get to the post season. :12224
No apology is in order and it's just dumb to think one is. Had she done her job correctly in the 1st place we would not have been in this situation.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

For those who may be wondering, here is the Region 23 scenario.

If River loses, Eastern is in regardless of the Southern outcome.

If Eastern loses to Southern, the Eagles can only get in if River loses to Frontier.

If both Eastern and River win, then Eastern needs Bishop Rosecrans to beat Fort Frye. River needs Fort Frye to win at Bishop Rosecrans.

Those three games determine the final playoff spot in Region 23. It's that simple.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Anyone know if the game will be aired on the radio?

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Thanks for the info bdubya

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game will air on Retro 92.1 FM and also online at www.wyvk.com.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

OK, so how did these other games come out? I'm sure they were played Friday weren't they? And who is "River"?

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

BTW, OHSAA rescinded its ruling! Eastern does NOT forfeit the games! The parents of the player in question submitted new paperwork that apparently satisfied OHSAA. However, Eastern is NOT guaranteed a playoff spot, but at least they DO have a chance, and the boys on the team aren't gonna be punished for something they didn't do.

I don't think the player in question meant to do any wrong, and I've always hated to see the child punished for the parent's sin, which in this case was a simple paperwork goof.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Other region 23 games (like Hannibal River) were also being played on Saturday Fan-o-Southern.

BUT ... the River/Frontier game was played earlier today and River won ... Eastern needs to win - AND needs Bishop Rosecrans to beat Fort Frye tonight.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Any updates?

southern2005
Riding the Bench

Post by southern2005 »

7-7

southern2005
Riding the Bench

Post by southern2005 »

14-7 Southern. 20 sec to go before the half.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

GOOOO TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

GO TORNADOES!!! Thanks for the updates and keep 'em coming!

Return to “Football”