Ultimate Tailgate Cook-Off this Saturday 12:00

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Ultimate Tailgate Cook-Off this Saturday 12:00

Post by Teufelhunden »

The Ultimate Tailgate Cook-Off is this Saturday November 10th at The Lot in Glouster across from the football stadium at NOON.

Bring a new toy and throw it in the van for children services to distribute to needy families and foster children at Christmas. The toy gets you a wrist band that allows you to fill up on all the great tailgate food. The 2012 Athens County Tailgating champion will also be crowned.

There are more children in foster care than ever. This is a real need and we need all the toys we can get. A chance for the football community of Southeast Ohio to pull together for the common good. Hope to see you there.

Big thanks to Zonez for sponsoring this event.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Re: Ultimate Tailgate Cook-Off this Saturday 12:00

Post by Teufelhunden »

I have a couple of judges who cannot make it. I have 3 judges which we can make work but I would prefer to have 5 as I think it makes it more fair.

Obviously, anyone with ties to the TVC cannot be a judge as I would be afraid of bias. My other 3 have never been affiliated with the area other than they were in the service with me and they come in each year to be judges.

If anyone outside of the TVC area would like to make the trip to Glouster on Saturday and be judges post on here. Thought maybe a couple guys on a trip to Athens Saturday from the Portsmouth/Ironton area would be ideal. Would have to be at The Lot by 11:30, promise you won't leave hungry or depressed. Santa is going to be there, how can you argue with that?

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Doesn't look like much interest in this event as in the past which is unfortunate. Hope it goes well.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Have no way of telling if the event will be a success or not. It has never disappointed in the past so I am optimistic. Here is what I know for sure, children services will have more toys to hand out at 1:30 Saturday than they have today :12223

Bruce Fouts, Mike Bishop, Sam Kinnison, Rose Mayle, Sam Smathers and Dennis Gillette are the tailgate captains for each county school. They give their time and money to put this event on. Last year I raised 500 dollars to give each team $100 to help pay for their food. Each squad turned right around and gave the money to children services. People like this ensure the event will be a success.

Santa Claus is flying in from the North Pole at around 12:30, have you been naughty or nice?

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

How did the event go???

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I thought it was awsome!

Pretty big turn-out, tail-gate teams had their school colors flying - and of course lots of good food ... (great weather helped for sure)

best thing was the truck loads of toys they collected ... I mean, I was taken back by all the toys they had ...

excellent event for a great cause!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dawg Pound 'North" I believe won the overall award ... maybe Biship can put the plaque where his 'Bone of contention' use to be ... :)

Federal Hocking was best dessert I think ...

I can't remember what the other two awards were ...

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

The most successful event we have had. 4 truckloads of toys went to children services. One of my old marine buddies brought a whole trailer filled with new bikes and big wheels. It was an awsome sight. Can't thank all the people enough who make this happen.

Award winners
Champion: Larry Savage Nelsonville-York
Runner up: Sam Smathers Athens
3rd place: Sam Kinnison Nelsonville-York
Dessert Champion: Denise Cunningham Federal Hocking
Best Overall Plate: Trimble Tomcats

GO DAWGS! regional final this week

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Very nice article in the Messenger today about the Cook Off