11-2-12 BLOOM CARROLL @ IRONTON RD.1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

caglewis
SEOP

Re: 11-2-12 BLOOM CARROLL @ IRONTON RD.1

Post by caglewis »

ALMOST GAME TIME - GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS
On the radio on WIRO 1230 AM - granted not a powerful station with wide range.
Jason Philyaw and Kevin Anthonee with the call - they're the best
But it's also on the internet: http://www.foxsports1230.com/main.html
Click on LISTEN LIVE at the top left corner then on PLAY STATION in the middle

I've started a separate UPDATES thread so this one will be free for commentary and cheerleading.

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

these refs are crap, don't have a clue what they are doing. Costly right there, that might come back and haunt Ironton.

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

starting to get a little chippy as Ironton pulls away, 34 - 16. By the way, I love how sensitive these mics are, you can hear the visiting crowd yelling and complaining, lol.

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

offsetting dead ball personal fouls after the TD and XP.

queenofhearts
Freshman Team

Post by queenofhearts »

The mics are very sensitive. One guy from bloom carrol i have heard all game. Hes def a supportive fan.

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

looks like we have a rematch with Johnstown Monroe next week, they won 24 - 21.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Did Lewis rush for 300 yards?

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Lewis did have over 300 yards rushing, not sure of exact total.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

thought i heard the radio say 322 for lewis. once he got to the edge or popped it past the line of scrimmage he was off to the races. ironton is really hurting with the loss of some linemen going into this game and now with webb going down. hope the young man is ok but it looked bleak. good luck to ironton next week, gonna have to play better next week.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I got to see Lewis for the first time this year. By far the best back in this area. Without him Ironton is average. He would add 3 plus wins to any high school football teams record this year. Guess what Ironton does have him. Good Luck

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

victor creed wrote:thought i heard the radio say 322 for lewis. once he got to the edge or popped it past the line of scrimmage he was off to the races. ironton is really hurting with the loss of some linemen going into this game and now with webb going down. hope the young man is ok but it looked bleak. good luck to ironton next week, gonna have to play better next week.
MCL injury. MRI scheduled for tomorrow.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

urban buck wrote:BC is outmatched, too many natural athletes on Arnton's team this year. Arnton by 21 or as many seniors as they have!

Congrats Ironton on the win! Although Ironton has alot of gifted players, especially in the backfield, Lewis is a gift to have. He has gotten Ironton out of more messes than kellogs has cornflakes this year. Good Luck next week. I think Lewis will run all over them too!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow , ironton sleep walked through the first half, had me worried. i'm really worried about our player that got hurt. it didn't look good , i am certainly praying for him. our dline is so depleted by injuries.i was impressed by our tackling ttonight, great tackling 1st half. got a lil laxed the second half. but we were putting on a clinic offensively by then.

great effort by the fighting tigers tonight, our oline was blocking better, still need to sustain the blocks longer . loved the ole 52 pass. it was there all night as the bulldogs were crowding 11 in the box.great effort by our backs, our qb had a fine game. the new punter stepped right in and did a great job.i was very pleased with their effort tonight.

still don't understand why we are not blitzing our linebacker at least some. lewis had an amazing game, he just uncorked a can on bloom carroll. he is probably in a hot tub somewhere relaxing. he musta run a mile last night. trevor white, my lil cuz had a dandy game, a great return dragging the whole bloom carroll team about 20 yards, and a solid inside running effort. we protected the ball well. great effort by all. and congratulations to the bloom carroll bulldogs on a fine season. i'm sure we'll be seeing more of them in the future.very pleased with everybodies effort tonight.

we won't be able to sleepwalk the first half with the johnnies next friday though. if they are anything like last year , they can flat out execute.we will have to put a high premium on wrapping up all night tackling. and be ready to play at a very fast pace.they ran all over the fighting tigers defense last year, we owe them.the johnnies have an awesome band. if you did not see them last year , they are a treat.well coached group. not sure they have the team this year , they did last. but they really execute well.

the officials they had last night, i'll not say they favored anybody, nor really hurt either team, i did see the bulldogs backs holding all night. but what a zany creww, they had the well football educated fighting tigers fans, just scratching their heads all night. it appeared to me that the officials called an officials timeout, to keep bc from getting a delay penalty.it was deplorable to say the least, almost cimical and like a bad skit.beat all i ever saw.anyhoo, on to next week and the johnnies.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, AN OLE BAIT APOLOGIZES FOR THIS, I DON'T KNOW WHY I AIN'T MENTIONED IT BEFORE NOW ONLINE, BUT THE IRONTON HIGH SCHOOL MILLION DOLLAR MARCHING BAND IS JUST FLAT KILLING IT.THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT TO WATCH ON THE FIELD. I ENJOY THIS MUCH MORE THAN IN SOME YEARS PAST , WHERE IT SOUNDED LIKE WE WERE PLAYING POTS AND PANS, MARCHING AROUND EVERYWHERE SEPERATING THE SOUNDS OF THE INSTRUMENTS. THEY ARE FLAT JUST LAYIN IT DOWN. AND THE TRUMPET SOLO WAS AMAZING.ROCK ON IHSMDMB, WE SALUTE YOU. AND WE GOT TOP NOTCH FANS, MAJORETTES, CHEERLEADERS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE AS WELL.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to the Tigers ---now get the next one

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

urban buck wrote:
urban buck wrote:BC is outmatched, too many natural athletes on Arnton's team this year. Arnton by 21 or as many seniors as they have!

Congrats Ironton on the win! Although Ironton has alot of gifted players, especially in the backfield, Lewis is a gift to have. He has gotten Ironton out of more messes than kellogs has cornflakes this year. Good Luck next week. I think Lewis will run all over them too!
Agreed! Lewis' punt return for a TD was the difference in the Tigers game against Gallia Academy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
urban buck wrote:

Agreed! Lewis' punt return for a TD was the difference in the Tigers game against Gallia Academy.
brother you are right, and it really is that simple as another fan told me last night. just give him the ball. i'll tell ya this kid is special, and has earned the nickname primetime. he is as determined as any ironton back i ever saw. when he gets the ball, you actually have to keep yourself from saying he's gone. because he can put a move on you, and just crumble you. he's fast, explosive, and very, very shifty. if he get's the ball, he'll figure out a way.he is so exciting to watch the fans stand up on even a simple dive/isolation play. because 1 person misses he's gone. but he's not the only back ironton has, we have a fine stable of backs this year, lewis, schweickart, white. i hope i'm not forgetting anybody. but they can all gash you.and a couple very solid qb's as well. and if you load the box up, we can hit it over the top as well.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I'm glad to see the tigers put dion brown back in the offense. Dion had a nice productive game with some solid carries.Gives em another home run hitter at tailback and takes the pressure of Patrick Lewis. He can be that extra threat the tigers need on offense and no team has seen much of anything on film because he has been pretty much strictly defense all the year. The kid as the talent in the world but got the injury plague through his career.

Tigers opened up with a great drive for a TD last night. Had another one goin and fumbled and BC took advantage along with the Hail Mary at the half. Ironton took over though in th second half and Lewis ran wild everywhere.

Defense a issue with the tigers. Not quite sure why they only run a 3 man front and not blitz against a passing spread team and play their corners 10yds off the line of scrimmage. All night BC hit the tigers out in the open flats for 5-15yd receptions because of the soft coverage and cushion the tigers were giving.

Best of luck to ironton tho. Would love to see the group of kids make a run at it and atleast win their region!
Last edited by GoBuckeyes2786 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dang you know what in my comments about the backs i had completely forgotten about dion, and i apologize , he had a very solid game. my apologies, but i have been hit in the head alot. i have taken my share of blunt objects about the head and face area for many years.and i'm so proud of dion, and his comebacks from all these setbacks and injuries he's had. it's a true delight to see him still out there competing at such a high level, i was just singing his praises about pass coverage, but plumb forgot about his offensive efforts.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

The kid is a definitely a trooper! To have went thorough shoulder surgery and 2 torn ACL's and still be out there making a difference and being productive is phenomenal. I really think he will help this team move the ball in the playoffs and the staff may have chose the right time to throw him in there and catch everyone off guard

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i do too. he surely is an inspiration.what an amazing talent. and what drive he must have. the kid's already had more surgeries than most adults and still flat out playing great ball.i sure have a soft place in my heart for this youngun.

Return to “Football”