Changing the TVC

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: Changing the TVC

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Mister B wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:Put Wahama in the Ohio ;)
;-)
Sounds good to me.LOL

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Let warren,gallia, and jackson in. Leave wahama alone. Fire Pam at ehs cause she hates all male sports and she hates wahama.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

my understanding is that wahama had applied to rejoin the LKC.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

That sounds like something Wahama would do. They know they have some work ahead of them coming up from some of their younger programs. We will have to listen to them about winning the league 3 years in a row. I just hope they have a couple seasons when they don't win the league before the cut and run.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Mister B wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:For most of the TVC Hocking schools, making the playoffs is the goal

I agree. When you field a team with 30 or less players as most Hocking teams do, the goals should be in this order...

1. Having a winning season
2. Winning the conference
3. Making the playoffs

I think these are also the goals of the Ohio teams because most Ohio teams are dressing less than 50 players.

Lets face it, for the most part because the TVC is basically made up of rural schools, getting the numbers up in football makes it a huge task to successfully compete against the same size schools who are either city based or are not as spread out district wide vs the TVC schools to allow the TVC to get past the second round of the football playoffs.

With River Valley coming into the Ohio in 2014 ( which they don't want to do now), the Ohio division will have the same problems the Hocking currently does with an odd number of teams. Logic says to move 1 Hocking team (based on enrollment) up to the Ohio but nobody wants to do that and I don't blame them. Football, year in and year out, is a numbers game more so than any other sport besides track.

Since nobody wants to move from the Hocking to the Ohio then the TVC needs to add 1 more team to the Ohio (which I don't think will happen)and split the Hocking into 2 seperate divisions based on enrollment. Look around the state and you will find several of the larger conferences have 3 divisons. This allows for a total of 3 schools to become conference champions. It gives more schools the chance to win titles, have winning seasons, make the playoffs and schedule games that make for attractive gates. Some of the current games among Hocking teams could still take place as nonconference games and give you increased flexibility in your scheduling.

The TVC ADs, for the most part, do a good job at what they do. All of them, except for 2, are doing it as a part time job with part time pay but it is really a full time job. Yes, the ADs did screw up when bringing Wahama into the TVC by not following the bylaws (...all TVC schools will be a member of the OHSAA...) but that has been amended and Wahama is a member of the WVSSAC so case is closed. The school Supers stepped over their bounds and should NOT have stuck their noses into the ADs job this past summer. If the Supers want to oversee sports, then they need to do the ENTIRE job which includes scheduling games, busses, officials AND spending countless/thankless hours at the school.

Yes, the TVC needs a commissioneer but it will never happen because of the cost involved since all of the schools have very limited resources.

The main thing to keep in mind is that the ADs have to stay focused on athletics as a whole, not just football, and this includes boys and girls sports and the well being of the student athletes.

The TVC is moving in the right direction and in my opinion it needs to be 3 seperate divisions based on school size.

Just my honest opinion.
Dag gone Mister B, you are on it. I agree with you, all the way to 3 divisions based on school size. This is the reason. VC is the second largest School with 271 boys on the Ohio side and this season the football team started with 43 boys and only 8 seniors. Not only are we rural but, we are non city based, and we are very spread out. We dont even have a city in the county, The county seed it a village. There is 1(ONE) school district in the county. So our situation is even more unique than lets say Meigs. City based and multiple schools in the county. If Lil Jonny wants to be a stand out now but not going to get PT till his Junior year at Meigs he can go to Southern. Same with SG and GAHS and RV. Southern, SG, RV. all have bigger schools in the county. No one is coming into VC. But we sure do loose kids. One is at Northwestern University, one at Tiffin university, 2 at NY this year 1 at Unioto this year just in the pas 5 years. VC nice place to live not work, no industry hurts real bad. All the surrounding counties have industry and multiple schools districts. IMO add RV and another team like them or NY (a second or third school district in the county) to the Ohio. Maybe one of the Stud programs in the hocking. That will help schedualing and keep the bottom half of the Ohio very competitive. Schedualing 3 nonconference games will be eaiser than 5. Lord knows it will help us since 3 of the 5 we had were playoff teams. It is what it is for us. May only be able to beat a NY or an Athens once every 10 years but I can see us being very competitive in the TVC and maybe making playoffs if we play a little softer nonconference schedual and finish 8-2 or 7-3. Even with all the other factors I mentioned. Not making excuses for VC. Just stating some factors we deal with. I think it makes us more tough and adds to our tradition. We love being in the TVC and want to see it continue to grow and get better as a conference. Thoughts?

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

I was toldby a Wahama coach that they were leaving the TVC after football next year and going to the league that they used to be in years ago.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Congrats to Trimble on representing the TVC well last night

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

G.W.A. wrote:Let warren,gallia, and jackson in. Leave wahama alone. Fire Pam at ehs cause she hates all male sports and she hates wahama.
Yeah, like the TVC is going to invite any of us to join the league. Warren will never be invited back and I don't see GAHS or Jackson accepting an invite.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

bigbluedad wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:Let warren,gallia, and jackson in. Leave wahama alone. Fire Pam at ehs cause she hates all male sports and she hates wahama.
Yeah, like the TVC is going to invite any of us to join the league. Warren will never be invited back and I don't see GAHS or Jackson accepting an invite.
I agree and like those schools really want to be in there. Dont think they stand to get enough points for post season.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Jackson has actually tried to join the TVC in the past right before South Gallia and Wahama joined. However when it came to a vote they were voted down by a vote of 10-3 with Athens being the only Ohio division team voting yes. So Jackson will not try again because it is obvious they're not wanted.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

eagledad wrote:my understanding is that wahama had applied to rejoin the LKC.
havent heard that one. wouldnt surprise me since the tvc still tries to discourage our membership. The league scheduled the conference track meet on the same day as our regional. Gee, I wonder how that will work out for us.......

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

TCAT1000+ wrote:That sounds like something Wahama would do. They know they have some work ahead of them coming up from some of their younger programs. We will have to listen to them about winning the league 3 years in a row. I just hope they have a couple seasons when they don't win the league before the cut and run.
Dont be a hater. I f we leave, the cats can start winning the league every year again.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

The only change to the TVC will be the addition of River Valley to the Ohio in 2014

Return to “Football”