Logan Football 2013

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan Football 2013

Post by noreply66 »

justsayn22 wrote:I personally don't feel those boys who quit on the team last year should be allowed back. Parents acted awful and our administrators should make a statement and not allow them back. They quit on their fellow players as well as on the coaching staff. Keep the trouble makers out right from the beginning!
I know it is here-say, but if it is true what I heard about two of the boys walking off--the coach should not be there.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I know anyone a part of the Logan program should be angry in a situation where kids "quit", on the team or on the school, community, etc. However, as a coach and educator we are in the business of teaching kids, holding them accountable, and teaching character traits. I don't believe they should be in the business of excluding kids just because they make a mistake. I think there are life lessons that can be learned here and a head coach will have to meet with the Seniors and find a way to come to an agreement. Obviously this would take place under advisement of the administration and I would get Coach Amyx involved since he is so well respected at the school. Both the kids who made the mistakes and the kids who felt slighted can learn something from this situation in an effort to help the team come closer together. I believe the new coach would need to let the kids who did want to come back know they are on a short leash so to speak and any action detrimental to the team would be dealt with. I don't think exclusion is the answer. In football you need as many good kids as possible and just because someone makes a mistake doesn't make them a bad person, just a young man who made a bad choice. Find a way to make them earn their way back into good graces with their peers. JMHO

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:I know anyone a part of the Logan program should be angry in a situation where kids "quit", on the team or on the school, community, etc. However, as a coach and educator we are in the business of teaching kids, holding them accountable, and teaching character traits. I don't believe they should be in the business of excluding kids just because they make a mistake. I think there are life lessons that can be learned here and a head coach will have to meet with the Seniors and find a way to come to an agreement. Obviously this would take place under advisement of the administration and I would get Coach Amyx involved since he is so well respected at the school. Both the kids who made the mistakes and the kids who felt slighted can learn something from this situation in an effort to help the team come closer together. I believe the new coach would need to let the kids who did want to come back know they are on a short leash so to speak and any action detrimental to the team would be dealt with. I don't think exclusion is the answer. In football you need as many good kids as possible and just because someone makes a mistake doesn't make them a bad person, just a young man who made a bad choice. Find a way to make them earn their way back into good graces with their peers. JMHO
Mr. 55Buckeyes98, this is one outstanding post! Thank You!

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:I know anyone a part of the Logan program should be angry in a situation where kids "quit", on the team or on the school, community, etc. However, as a coach and educator we are in the business of teaching kids, holding them accountable, and teaching character traits. I don't believe they should be in the business of excluding kids just because they make a mistake. I think there are life lessons that can be learned here and a head coach will have to meet with the Seniors and find a way to come to an agreement. Obviously this would take place under advisement of the administration and I would get Coach Amyx involved since he is so well respected at the school. Both the kids who made the mistakes and the kids who felt slighted can learn something from this situation in an effort to help the team come closer together. I believe the new coach would need to let the kids who did want to come back know they are on a short leash so to speak and any action detrimental to the team would be dealt with. I don't think exclusion is the answer. In football you need as many good kids as possible and just because someone makes a mistake doesn't make them a bad person, just a young man who made a bad choice. Find a way to make them earn their way back into good graces with their peers. JMHO
55buckeyes98. Remember you are not interviewing with sourheasternohiopreps.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Fair enough, but as an outsider I just gave my opinion without having inside information or privileged information on the topic. Obviously if I was part of the school or staff dealing with this situation I wouldn't waste my time posting here, that is a private situation for those involved to handle.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nice post from an outsider

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

Has Dave Berry applied ?

justsayn22
Waterboy

Post by justsayn22 »

Such a heartfelt post from an outsider... Blah, blah, blah! The truth is the boys and their parents need to learn an important life lesson ... If you quit a job in the real world and act the way they did you are not going to get that job back. This type of attitude that rears it's ugly head in Logan sports needs to be squashed. I for one never let my children quit during any season. They have to ride it out and work through it and if they don't want to go out for the team the next year fine, but they must have respect for their teammates and coaches and finish the season. Kids or not they need to live with the consequences of their actions!

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

That post was on point ! There should be no grudge held against these players . You as an adult shouldn't be calling out kids .. Let the new coach get his team together and let it be his team. And not worry about Johnny's dad being pissed bc Freddy quit last year and is still playing ..

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

New = New.

New coach, new blood, new program, new policies, new expectations, new rules, new excitement in the kids.

Gotta start at ground zero, let bygones be bygones, and bring everyone into the fold.

My guess is one of the questions being asked to the candidates is: How do you propose to handle any of the events similar to this and bring everyone onto the same page and move forward? Who answers that the best (or can show they have previously accomplished it) makes it to a second interview.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

doubleplay643 wrote:New = New.

New coach, new blood, new program, new policies, new expectations, new rules, new excitement in the kids.

Gotta start at ground zero, let bygones be bygones, and bring everyone into the fold.

My guess is one of the questions being asked to the candidates is: How do you propose to handle any of the events similar to this and bring everyone onto the same page and move forward? Who answers that the best (or can show they have previously accomplished it) makes it to a second interview.
FORWARD LOGAN FOOTBALL 2013

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

seoconstruction wrote:Has Dave Berry applied ?

I hear he has quite the resume

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

I'm glad somebody got the humor !

And to throw my 2 cents in , Arno isn't the best pick up .. Maybe if amyx coaches d for him ( disciplin factor )

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

justsayn22 wrote:Such a heartfelt post from an outsider... Blah, blah, blah! The truth is the boys and their parents need to learn an important life lesson ... If you quit a job in the real world and act the way they did you are not going to get that job back. This type of attitude that rears it's ugly head in Logan sports needs to be squashed. I for one never let my children quit during any season. They have to ride it out and work through it and if they don't want to go out for the team the next year fine, but they must have respect for their teammates and coaches and finish the season. Kids or not they need to live with the consequences of their actions!
In the real world you can get a new job right? They can't just transfer either... in real life you often get a chance to make things right or apologize. You may still have repercussions from your actions but you still get a 2nd chance.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Friday night on the way home I saw smoke form the swamp's pressbox! Maybe a new Coach/ or just testing the lights? Or showing off the swamp to a possible new coach? We will know soon!
Last edited by moonshine on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:122245

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I know one candidate that didn't get it! :)

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Rumor is the boiler is being stoked to produce White Smoke! :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hope they are not using wet wood

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio