Post by The Enforcer »

Logan grad wrote:Billy Burke, sry

WHO????????????

Any info on Him?

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan Football 2013

Post by loganlocos »

Burke was coach at Medina Buckeye from 2007-2011.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I am SHOCKED if true. BUrke didn't coach last year up here at Medina Buckeye. Their former HC who quit before the season began. Was only a .500 coach in a weaker division of small school football. Was the HC for 5 years.

I'm shocked. :(

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

I have no clue on what to think about this pick.. don't let his 26-25 record fool you... I hear that he is a very intelligent coach, but that is about all I know about him.. Must be 1 hell of an interviewer... Anyone else know some more info on this coach?

Late 70s Logan grad
Freshman Team

Post by Late 70s Logan grad »

Brief information now on logandaily.com, look for full story soon both online and in the print edition

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

My guess is the school wanted someone from outside SE Ohio .. Not a great record, but who knows? 46 applications and this was their choice, so he must have something going for him. Anyhow, the decision has been made, and he needs the full support from all.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Right on the Head java... All you Logan fans need to jump on board and get behind him.. I will do the same as long as they aren't playing my beloved NY Buckeyes...lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

javagt wrote:My guess is the school wanted someone from outside SE Ohio .. Not a great record, but who knows? 46 applications and this was their choice, so he must have something going for him. Anyhow, the decision has been made, and he needs the full support from all.
I agree here

purpleforlife
Waterboy

Post by purpleforlife »

lancaster position coach and my best friend just said logan will be very happy with billy,he had him in the 94-95,he said he was a stud player and very smart.doesnt sound all that bad.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Seems like I remember him playing for Lancaster, was he a QB ? Another good storyline for the Logan Lancaster game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Will he be coaching track too?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

As we get to know coach Burke and he reveals his offensive and defensive plans, I see a three to four year process to developing a winning program. I hope he brings a tough and fair discipline policy and a tough conditioning program. I sure some people will like and dislike this hire! But let's give the Man time to get his program up and running! Logan Football 2013! FOWARD!
Last edited by moonshine on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Billy Burke is a good coach. I have known him since his Lancaster days and coaching in Hilliard. He will bring toughness and discipline to the Logan program. Don't pay much attention to some (they should post their record as head coach) that only look at his record. From watching your team play this past year . . . you have a long way to go. There is no magic fix. Remember, Coach Amyx had some tough years also. Congrats Billy.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Just a thought - After reading the LDN article, and seeing Burke's experience at Hilliard Darby & Medina, he seems to me to be a very defensive minded coach. Also, a former linebacker at Lancaster and University of Akron. I would like to see Kelly Wolfe as the offensive coordinator again. Wolfe excelled in that role under Amyx. Don't know if that would happen, but just thinkin.....

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

First, let me say that all coaches deserve support and to get their chance. So welcome on board Coach Burke.

However, in these parts Medina Buckeye was never considered much of anything. Their division was weak and they never had real outstanding seasons. The one year they made the playoff they were blown out by a local Hubbard team ( average at best who quickly got beat). Thats the facts.

In my prespective, considering 46 people applied, its a stretch to think that his resume' made him stand out for a second interview. If it did, that doesn't say much for the pool that applied. And looking at the comeptition level he coached at, the record was not against much bigger programs but programs that were as large but mostly smaller schools. The best team was usually Black River, normally a frequently playoff participant. I understand that pay to play may have been a challenge, but before the pay for play, Buckeye wasn't much of a program either. Maybe he had some great recommendations. Maybe he interviewed well. Being a Lancaster player ( and college at Akron) helped. But on paper............................... ?

So , lets wish the new Logan coach success and hope he hits the ground running. I still find the depths to which the Chiefs fell to be a complete mystery.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good Luck And Success Coach Burke.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Best of luck to Coach Burke! Logan has the support of the administration it seems, that combined with a community that values football with the wonderful facilities Logan will be a winner again soon! Good luck Chieftains!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

My son just got out of meeting the new coach and he is VERY impressed. He said "dad i had chills the whole time he spoke" So hes got one fan here

Return to “Football”