Freshman Team

Re: Logan Football 2013

Post by Nagol1 »

Kinks?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Not surprised by the outcome,I knew Logan was a ways off after witnessing the scrimmages.It looked so good in the beginning for Logan, the Gales were gift wrapping the game and Logan was couple yards from a 14-0 lead on Lancaster's home field and then the fumble and things were never the same after that.Logan looked worn out by the second quarter (hands on hips and missed tackles) and the injuries are piling up which was what I was afraid of.Just got to put this one behind and start the season over like it never happened,the competition should get easier now and I hope the players don't let this demoralize them,It will be interesting to see how the players respond to this shellacking.The main goal is to keep improving as the season goes along because it looks like a rebuilding year.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

I think this team will give team fits if they limit the bonehead mistakes. Tackling was horrific and too many players not playjng till the whistle blows. Amazing how many long runs were made after 2nd and 3rd hits. Put it behind them and fix it!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Nagol1 wrote:Kinks?
Yes, kinks! The little expression used to iron out or solve problems, that's causing the crucial things that need to be fixed in order to win a game. Come-on! Are you serious? :roll:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

A question for the Logan faithful. I know Lancaster was a big challenge and things didn't go well but are you happy with the progress to this point and after seeing the Chiefs in some scrimmage situations and now their first full game what are your expectations for the season? As an outsider I look at the schedule and I still see some wins available if these kids believe in themselves and put this first week behind them.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

I am not for nor against either Logan or Lancaster. I chose this game mostly to see the OSU commit. My observations....Lancaster came out with what appeared to me as a "here we are so we win attitude'. If you take away one long run by Lancaster and a Logan fumble near their own goal, the score could have easily been 14-0 Logan at the end of the first quarter. The play Logan fumbled at the two was a beautiful pass to a receiver who was behind everyone. He was caught from behind as he neared the goal line and the ball came out. #75 for Lancaster was impressive. It appeared to me Logan's defense leaned to his side of the line and Lancaster started getting large chunks of yardage going the other way. In the third quarter Lancaster had been so dominant running, they were able to pass, usually to a wide open receiver. I left after Lancaster scored its second TD in the third quarter. Lancaster needs to work on being ready to play from the first whistle. Logan started out looking much improved. They need to work on having a competitive attitude regardless of the score. I think their new coach has them going the right direction.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I say the following, not to be offensive, but because I remotely care about LoHS football. If LoHS played in the OCC-Ohio (the conference LaHS plays in), they would get shellacked by every team they'd have to play. Groveport and N'erk would be relatively close losses. I was thinking LaHS and the Wing-T attack would beat LoHS by a couple scores. But 50? Seriously? LaHS might not even go .500 this year, yet they're definitely going to be the best team LoHS will face this year. No one cares LoHS could've been up 14-0! The fact is, that didn't happen. There is no way in hell the game would've had a different outcome if the score at one point was 14-0 LoHS. The kids need to able to play four quarters with the same steam they started out with. Someone described how the kids looked out of shape - conditioning issue?

LoHS needs to do three things during the re-build. 1.) schedule opponents they actually have a realistic chance of beating. Westland, Franklin Heights, Lakewood, and Delaware Hayes are all pretty comparable to LoHS. 2.) Make a freshman team. They need to be able to play together, get some fundamentals down, and get a feel for high school football before they play varsity. 3.) Give Burke three or four years. Set goals that are not record-based. If the offense is operating a run-oriented offense, set something realistic as an expectation like running for x yards in a game, y yards in a season. On defense, the goals part really matters. If they meet their weekly and season goals, you can chalk that up as a small step towards success.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The FC Fan wrote:I say the following, not to be offensive, but because I remotely care about LoHS football. If LoHS played in the OCC-Ohio (the conference LaHS plays in), they would get shellacked by every team they'd have to play. Groveport and N'erk would be relatively close losses. I was thinking LaHS and the Wing-T attack would beat LoHS by a couple scores. But 50? Seriously? LaHS might not even go .500 this year, yet they're definitely going to be the best team LoHS will face this year. No one cares LoHS could've been up 14-0! The fact is, that didn't happen. There is no way in hell the game would've had a different outcome if the score at one point was 14-0 LoHS. The kids need to able to play four quarters with the same steam they started out with. Someone described how the kids looked out of shape - conditioning issue?

LoHS needs to do three things during the re-build. 1.) schedule opponents they actually have a realistic chance of beating. Westland, Franklin Heights, Lakewood, and Delaware Hayes are all pretty comparable to LoHS. 2.) Make a freshman team. They need to be able to play together, get some fundamentals down, and get a feel for high school football before they play varsity. 3.) Give Burke three or four years. Set goals that are not record-based. If the offense is operating a run-oriented offense, set something realistic as an expectation like running for x yards in a game, y yards in a season. On defense, the goals part really matters. If they meet their weekly and season goals, you can chalk that up as a small step towards success.
They are doing all those things and have had a Freshman team for years and years. Don't worry about Logan. They will have Tue ship righted in a few years. They have a good coach and the result of the Lancaster game wasn't a surprise to anyone. I am sure coach Burke is taking the season 1 game at a time and looking for improvement each week.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

DITTO.....what BROWNS said.....AND fc....YOUR RIGHT DON'T WORRY ABOUT CHIEFS FOOTBALL....and yes have had a freshman team for many moons......don't need your NEGATIVETY..... :shock: 8) :!: :idea: 8)

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

moonshine wrote:
moonshine wrote:As I read Floyd's post it started to stir my football emotions! As for those young men who decided not to play there senior year, I only hope you never live to regret your decision! As The words to the last half of our fight song goes:

WIN THE GAME FOR LOGAN
NEVER GIVE IN
NEVER SURRENDER TEAM
FOR WE SHALL WIN
Time to repost this!
BEAT Warren! Go Fight Win!!!!!!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

moonshine wrote:Over the Last three years we had fair talent to finish at least 5-5! Coach Burke will concentrate on the defense and special team! and I hope he will play the game to the talent we have! Like I said B-4 this years team should finish around the 5-5 6-4 mark with better times ahead! Logan Football 2013 FORWARD!

Man, This guy new what was going to happen!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LHS 72 wrote:
moonshine wrote:
moonshine wrote:As I read Floyd's post it started to stir my football emotions! As for those young men who decided not to play there senior year, I only hope you never live to regret your decision! As The words to the last half of our fight song goes:

WIN THE GAME FOR LOGAN
NEVER GIVE IN
NEVER SURRENDER TEAM
FOR WE SHALL WIN
Time to repost this!
BEAT Warren! Go Fight Win!!!!!!
TTT

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

ttt

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Just a BLAST from the past.
And to think, all they had to do is lighten the schedule up a bit :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

another username??????????

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

BIGHITSINC wrote:Just a BLAST from the past.
And to think, all they had to do is lighten the schedule up a bit :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

was someone Bored as #h!T?? where were all the weak schedule jokes when Logan played Lancaster, pick north, Gahanna, Westerville south, etc....... so what, we have a weaker schedule this yr! BOO-HOO!!! don't like it do go to the games...

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

1987chieftains wrote:was someone Bored as #h!T?? where were all the weak schedule jokes when Logan played Lancaster, pick north, Gahanna, Westerville south, etc....... so what, we have a weaker schedule this yr! BOO-HOO!!! don't like it do go to the games...
My point exactly!

Return to “Football”