D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

maniac66
All State

Re: D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton had a fine year reguardless who the coach was.
Hard to win in the playoffs against any tean when you only have 27 payers for the game and then lose you top runnibg back and one of your best def. players during the game.
So who the coach is and who he is related to is a mute point if he can coach and win.
I would have loved to see Ironton advance but they never.
I think what the staff needs to work on now is getting kids to play football and try to establish a freshman team to help feed the varsity program Ironton may drop off a little or a lot or it may not drop off at all only time will tell.
But one thing for sure if they fell to get kids to comeout for the program then who the coach is really don't matter does it?

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Hey ghostzapper, out of the woodwork? ;-) Tr :12222 uth. I have trouble with all red headed douche bags.lmao Naw really I aint got no problem. ButI have a question for you . What happened to the Catholic representation on your coaching staff?Figure you have the inside info.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

I hope they bring Mark Lutz back. He knows the system and I think would be a great addition to coach Vass, who did a great job.
I also hope in the off season fundamentals of tackling and blocking are stressed. Too many missed tackles and too many out of position yardage.
Im excited for next year myself. Our line should be huge, and we will have a atheletic quarterback with 2 years to play. I hope they give Jacob Long a chance. Hes a special back with elusiveness that is his calling card. His junior high stats are unbelievable. He was a freshman this year that moved up to varsity and didnt play much. We might suprise teams next year

another tough schedule though

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Yea Ironton needs a defensive coordinator desparately. If Bob won't come do, then maybe Mark will.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

maniac66 wrote:Ironton had a fine year reguardless who the coach was.
Hard to win in the playoffs against any tean when you only have 27 payers for the game and then lose you top runnibg back and one of your best def. players during the game.
So who the coach is and who he is related to is a mute point if he can coach and win.
I think what the staff needs to work on now is getting kids to play football and try to establish a freshman team to help feed the varsity program Ironton may drop off a little or a lot or it may not drop off at all only time will tell.
But one thing for sure if they fell to get kids to comeout for the program then who the coach is really don't matter does it?
Unreal if this is the way you think. :oops:
Last edited by dreamweaver on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

dreamweaver wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Ironton had a fine year reguardless who the coach was.
Unreal this is the way you think. :oops:
Why is it unreal explain?

ghostzapper
JV Team

Post by ghostzapper »

Yes my husband is one of the red head coaches and nor afraid to tell it on here....I was just wondering what the problem was with people asking about all the Burchams coaching when I married one of them.....thanks....

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I don't care who you are, who your related to, or who your married to......... bottom line.......someone better teach those kids how to play pass defense or ironton will never get out of the second round! I really can't understand why year after year after year we have no pass defense!? Can someone please explain this to me? :aaaaa17

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Zapper, I used the term "douchbags" cause that is what the players have gotten called over the years. :shock: Yea the Burchams have a monopoly now. Just a point is all.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

RAILROADN wrote:I don't care who you are, who your related to, or who your married to......... bottom line.......someone better teach those kids how to play pass defense or ironton will never get out of the second round! I really can't understand why year after year after year we have no pass defense!? Can someone please explain this to me? :aaaaa17
I agree Ironton does need to step up their pass defence efforts.
I look to see Ironton in the future work on that but also work on a passing game to fot he offense.
Would love to see ironton master the pistol offence I think with Irontons athletes they could really do something with that but what do I know lol I'm just another fan wanting the best for his hometown team.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Id just like to see us learn to block. In the past couple years we have had monster lineman, but they have mostly been slow, weak, and unagressive plus they were horrible blockers. We need to get back to have those nasty agressive linemen that would knock you on your butt.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

tigercannon71 wrote:Id just like to see us learn to block. In the past couple years we have had monster lineman, but they have mostly been slow, weak, and unagressive plus they were horrible blockers. We need to get back to have those nasty agressive linemen that would knock you on your butt.

Very good point but you need coaches that can teach it.

Return to “Football”