Trimble v Newark Catholic

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Trimble v Newark Catholic

Post by Dundas »

Newark Catholic-20
Trimble-13
Final

Trimble had a chance to tie it up late but turned it over on downs inside the red zone. NC then drove down the field inside the red zone and ran out the clock. Congrats to Trimble on a great season and a hard fought game tonight.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

Great season. Very proud of all the young men. Only loosing a few so hit the weights hard. You will be here next year

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

First to Trimble you guys put up a good fight and your QB is one heck of a runner and your defense was very good.

2nd to those crying about Newark Catholic recruiting
I have three questions for you(especially if you have watched them play this season)
Question 1)Why doesn't the recruiter recruit some black athletes?
Question 2)Is this recruiter a racist
Question 3) Why doesn't this recruiter recruit a kicker?
I look forward to your answers

The Newark Catholic defense was spot on after the first drive not allowing a single point.
They bent but did not break and on that goal line stance in showed just how well the D-Line was.
The Newark Catholic offense did sputter big time tonight. I think missing I believe two players if not three accounted for this along with a very stout defense.

I hope Trimble makes it again next season.
To the former basketball coach from Trimble and his friend I met its fans like you that make meeting fans from other teams so cool.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

When all your players live within 10 miles of the school all will stop the recruiting talk. 2. Those athletes your talking about must have got recruited by another private school in columbus. 3. Soccer is getting bigger the closer u get to columbus. How about a 4. Have someone besides father jim throwing flags. Both teams played great. Hope green wins it all

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

I think the cats earned a lot of respect tonight. 2013= UNFINISHED BUSINESS. TOMCAT PRIDE!!!!!

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Tomcats do have unfinished business for next year.
First off hats off to the senior class. Offensive Starters Brett Downs, , Cody Bragg, Defensive Starters Casey Degaremore, Wyatt Deak also starts at receiver. Special Teams players J.D. Shifflet and Aaron Schoonover. Kids played hard all year and set the foundation for the years to come.

Underclassmen remember how this feels and every time your in the weightroom feel this pain and do one more rep so next year week make it to week 13.
I feel you made Trimble Tomcat fans proud. You also earned respect from NC and lets bring that nasty defense back next year. You only gave up 79 points in 12 games. pitched 6 shutouts, average points of 6.58 a game. Thats just down right awesome. Next year the numbers are even lower.

Konner Standley played one hell of a game tonight leading the tomcat offense and the line blocked really well. receivers caught the ball. we just came up a few inches short.

Good luck to the Green wave in the next round and we plan to see you in the regional finals next year. Hopefully this time we can turn the tide.

Great Season. Proud Tomcat Fan
GO CATS

Herd554
Waterboy

Post by Herd554 »

I would not even get on here a start a discussion about recruiting because it can cause a lot of bad feelings for both sides. But since you asked, year in and year out Catholic schools contend for the state titles. That is because those schools do recruit. But if the regulations allow it then it is legal. No disrespect but I find that I have more pride knowing I raised my champion hog on my own farm. Trimble hold your heads high because what I read you just about overcame some tough odds. Newark Good Luck to your team in the playoffs. :122249

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Herd554 wrote:I would not even get on here a start a discussion about recruiting because it can cause a lot of bad feelings for both sides. But since you asked, year in and year out Catholic schools contend for the state titles. That is because those schools do recruit. But if the regulations allow it then it is legal. No disrespect but I find that I have more pride knowing I raised my champion hog on my own farm. Trimble hold your heads high because what I read you just about overcame some tough odds. Newark Good Luck to your team in the playoffs. :122249
There were at least two other post on recruiting before I posted the humor I posted in their direction.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Wow.......helluva game last night at Sheridan High School. NC made a good adjustment at halftime to help slow down the Trimble offense. Slow down I say and not shut down. Trimble made a couple of mistakes against a good team and this late in the season mistakes are costly. I can promise you that both teams can feel the results this morning there were a lot of hard hits on both sides. Trimble players keep your heads high on a GREAT season. NC good luck the rest of the way.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I actually thought the two teams matched up well, both teams were able to take control of the game at times and it was fun to see. I know Trimble has multiple playoff appearances in the past several years but I think the difference in this game was that NC has been in this situation more often and expect to win these type of games and it showed a bit late in the game. Good luck to NC next week. Congratulations to the Cats, you had an excellent season and next year could be even better!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT YEAR OF FOOTBALL TRIMBLE, AND GOOD LUCK TO THE GREEN WAVE , IN THE REGIONAL TITLE GAME.

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

My question is why don't you put more effort in a music program than all ur efforts in football. Also majority of catholic schools do recruit. You need to have a league of your own. We are a small school in SE Ohio born and raised and we did not recruit any of our players nor do we have the finances or want the resources to do so. If it is legal than fine, but seriously play other catholic schools who do the same and have a league of your own. It was a good game and we made some cruscial mistakes but you also got some calls handed to you. I seen the tape today the kid was out of bounds when he caught the ball and the ref called it complete and how many face masks were never called. Several times when they tackled our players they were literally punching them. You cannot deny it. It is clearly on the tape. I can see at the end why the kids were getting frustrated becasue NC was getting away with just about everything. When one of our lineman told the ref what was happening nothing was ever done about it. So next year we play you at Boston Field and we bring our own referee's and maybe by than we can recruit some players and be on the same playing level.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

Just watched the game WOW. Blown off sides NO call on the punt block. Greta job father bill or jim whatever your name is. The ohsaa will never change it. The get to much money from all the private schools.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I never new the home team got to pick the refs
One can learn something new every day/ :lol:

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

Newar. The some of the best d 6 players money can buy. Are they all on scholarship for there grades??? When your players come there to play do they have to move within a certain radius of the school?? Do they have to sit out a year if not?? Just keep the donations going to the OHSAA

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

implantcat wrote:Newar. The some of the best d 6 players money can buy. Are they all on scholarship for there grades??? When your players come there to play do they have to move within a certain radius of the school?? Do they have to sit out a year if not?? Just keep the donations going to the OHSAA
I went to Hebron Lakewood so I can not answer your questions. Gils who post on here is part of the school and I would venture to guess he cans answer all of your questions.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

Alright, time to let it go guys. Im as big of Trimble fan as the next person, but nothings going to change the final score. Does NC recruit? maybe. Did NC get some favorable calls, yeah! So did Trimble though. Bottom line is, the game was settled 11 on 11 in the redzone in the 4th qtr. We came up short when it mattered most. Good luck to NC the rest of the way out..

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Congrats on a great season Tomcats. Way to represent your community, school, and conference. Good luck next season.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

Just looked at the D6 tournament bracket, four out of the eight schools are private!!!!!!!!!! This might have something to do with the Board of Directors for the OHSAA coming from private schools???

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Look fair is fair. Either have a catholic/private school league and a public school league, or provide some controls to the recruiting process. For example any student-athlete wanting the benefit of a catholic or private education would gladly sit out for a year prior to being eligible to play right? I mean they are there for the education right catholic schools? You are providing a service or calling for a "dis-advantaged" student to receive a top notch scholarship and education, so since you as the school and the student are doing this for the "education", then once you transfer in just sit out for a year no problem. Cause we know it isn't about the sports right? It is all about the advantage of the education through the scholarship process...right catholic schools? Riiiiight.

Return to “Football”