S

Re: Week 12 Gallia Ac v.s Thurgood Marshall

Post by Jesco White »

Good luck Gallia Academy!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Notes for Saturday’s Gallipolis-Dayton Thurgood Marshall high school football playoff game.

2012-- Dayton scores

Here’s Dayton Thurgood Marshall’s 2012 football scores:
Dayton 56 Chillicothe 6
Dayton 13 Winston Woods 17
Dayton 73 Meadowdale 0
Dayton 64 Belmont 0
Dayton 68 Dunbar 0
Dayton 47 Ponitz Tech 6
Dayton 55 Lima Senior 7
Daytom 69 Dayton CJ 10
Dayton 42 Eastmoor Academy 13
Dayton 72 Preble Shawnee 40
Dayton 67 Logan Elm 22
Totals 626 121
Avg. 56.9 11.0

Cougers record is 10-1. They won the Dayton City League with 4-0 record. Coach is Earl White. School colors are Green and Gold. Athletic Director is Dean Weatherspoon.

Dayton City League consists of Dunbar, Belmont, Ponitz Tech and Meadowdale.

Will play Gallipolis on Saturday, Nov. 10, at 7 p.m. in a Division 3, Region 12 semifinal post-season game at Western Brown High School at Mt. Orab, Ohio.

Get you tickets at Gallipolis and save a couple bucks. Trip to Mt. Orab will take about a couple hours.

Some Cougar stats after 10 games:

Denzel Norvell, 171 carries, 1,839 yards rushing (10.7) 34 touchdowns.

Vey Copeland, 112 carries, 1,348 yards, (12.3) 18 Touchdowns.

Dean Worthy, 83 carries, 904 yards (10.9), 14 touchdowns.

QB Jamahl Manley, 29 of 40 pass attempts, (72.5 pct.) 607 yards, 4 touchdowns.

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

Go Blue! Do what you do!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK BLUE DEVILS.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I believe Gallia can win this game they have good speed they have played good running teams and showed they can score points in a bunch.
Go Blue Devils get this win and come out healthy

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

BELIEVE!

Give 'em hell, Blue Devils.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I am concerned that the Marshall Plan will control Gallia!

Thurgood Marshall 42

Gallia 24

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

moonshine wrote:I am concerned that the Marshall Plan will control Gallia!

Thurgood Marshall 42

Gallia 24
Don't know shine I like Gallia's chances better with this match up than I do with Athens match up.
Both will be tough games but thinking Gallia just matches up a little better with this team than Athens does with Shawnee

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

gallia academy can win this game,with right game plan and great execution. it is my opinion the thurgood marshall out athletes GA at the skill positions. So gallia academy must shorten the game. They must shorten the game on both the offense and defensive side of the ball. on the offensive side of the ball they must execute their offense and use 22 to 23 seconds before each snap. on defense they must play some bend but don't break defensive. make them drive in small chucks. make them run lots of plays to score. if we can do these thing then i think we can hold TM. to around 40 points.

Now the hardest part of this game for GA is going to be changing the way they attack on offense with out getting them out of their comfort zone. we need to put the wide receiver screens and middle screens on hold in first half. same thing with sweep plays. TM is to quick for us to play east and west. we must play north and south and make them play east and west.

we are going to need to stretch the field but i don't think we will be able to pass protect well enough to throw traditional deep balls. but if we slow quick slants and outs and quick fades from the snaps we can have the same effect as throwing traditionally deep.

i am not sure how we attack on the ground. maybe run a lot of power formation and hit it up the gut. the QB read option i don't think will be as effective do to TM's speed. The one thing tape did show though is that team relies a lot on their speed and can become very undisciplined so their will be opportunity. finally GA has to be plus a couple in the turnover margin. if we do all that we have a shot to getting close to 40 points then it is just a dog fight and i like us in a tight ball game.

good luck devils.

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

seoal83 wrote:gallia academy can win this game,with right game plan and great execution. it is my opinion the thurgood marshall out athletes GA at the skill positions. So gallia academy must shorten the game. They must shorten the game on both the offense and defensive side of the ball. on the offensive side of the ball they must execute their offense and use 22 to 23 seconds before each snap. on defense they must play some bend but don't break defensive. make them drive in small chucks. make them run lots of plays to score. if we can do these thing then i think we can hold TM. to around 40 points.

Now the hardest part of this game for GA is going to be changing the way they attack on offense with out getting them out of their comfort zone. we need to put the wide receiver screens and middle screens on hold in first half. same thing with sweep plays. TM is to quick for us to play east and west. we must play north and south and make them play east and west.

we are going to need to stretch the field but i don't think we will be able to pass protect well enough to throw traditional deep balls. but if we slow quick slants and outs and quick fades from the snaps we can have the same effect as throwing traditionally deep.

i am not sure how we attack on the ground. maybe run a lot of power formation and hit it up the gut. the QB read option i don't think will be as effective do to TM's speed. The one thing tape did show though is that team relies a lot on their speed and can become very undisciplined so their will be opportunity. finally GA has to be plus a couple in the turnover margin. if we do all that we have a shot to getting close to 40 points then it is just a dog fight and i like us in a tight ball game.

good luck devils.
Agree. I dont think there is any way we will break big plays and score as quick as we have. just too much speed for that. and passes cannot be deep from the outset. and they need to be such that their D cant forsee and pick off. learn what we can do effectively early, then exploit it if the opportunity allows. We need ball control drives and we cant give up big plays on D. We have to play fundamental and we cant make mistakes.

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

Regardless the out come, very proud of this years Devils! Teamwork, heart and desire says it all for me. Good luck and do what you do. Go BLUE!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD AFTERNOON BLUE DEVIL NATION , HERE'S TO A VICTORY, AND AN INJURY FREE, AND A GREAT EVENING OF FOOTBALL AND AN ADVANCE INTO THE REGIONAL TITLE GAME.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Good luck GA from Rebel country. Represent Gallia county boys.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

time to go to work boys. do what you did ll season and we are all proud of you.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Good luck GAHS, play like champions tonight!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Is there a site that is streaming this game or a radio station?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I believe I heard the Icon Young just say that when he brought Eddy around his program(or maybe his home since it is hard to hear) that Eddy was going to turn that program around.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Now the Icon Young comments on how he thinks this staff is better and more effective than last years! Didnt mention Coach R. by name :lol: :lol:

radioman
Freshman Team

Post by radioman »

Great run by the blue, just played a juggernaut
And yes general , you are right. A much better
Staff, glad to hear you still listen to us, love your critic
Of our broadcast. must be tough to be a hater, life is too
Short, seems that I supported you and your tenure
As I support this group, how we forget . Any way, what a
Great run, you may have played the d3 champs.
Always proud of the blue.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Congratulations to GAHS on a terrific season!

Return to “Football”