Portsmouth Trojan's Next Head Football Coach

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Re: Portsmouth Trojan's Next Head Football Coach

Post by gridironfan »

How could Coach Hall from Jackson fit into all of this?

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

gridironfan wrote:How could Coach Hall from Jackson fit into all of this?
I believe that Andy Hall would be a terrific fit at Portsmouth HS.

I just believe that Ted Newsome would make a better head coach given the opportunity to lead.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

gridironfan wrote:How could Coach Hall from Jackson fit into all of this?

Can't imagine him leaving Jackson. Has a 7th -10th class that is very strong. Freshman team lost one game since pee-wee days, beat Burg this year 40 or so to 0 (LOL bout as bad as Burg varsity beat them this year), Frosh team did same with about every team they played only close contest they had was Logan. Jr. High has zero losses in last 3 years as I understand. Talent for some SEOAL titles and a play-off run is in the making in Jackson. I realize that success is measured on Friday nights and you can't always judge the program at the lower level but usually there is a correlation. Doubt he would make a move but stranger things have happened.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Very interesting that the same Christian School tournament in North Carolina (but Division 2, instead of Division 1) produced the 104-80 final score in a FOOTBALL GAME.

http://poststar.com/sports/football/...91715154b.html

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

when are they hiring? i cant imagine coach hall leaving jackson either. as for the estep guys from the christian schools league it doesnt mean they cant coach although the competition will be at a higher level here.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:Very interesting that the same Christian School tournament in North Carolina (but Division 2, instead of Division 1) produced the 104-80 final score in a FOOTBALL GAME.

I don't know if you're saying this is a BAD thing for that league, but you couldn't be more wrong. The team that scored 104 has a quarterback named Will Grier who is one of the top 2014 QBs and is being HEAVILY recruited by the Florida Gators and is their #1 QB in the class.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

does he play D ? LOL

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

ManitouDan wrote:does he play D ? LOL
Lol no idea. Just showing that the league is obviously producing good players.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

fightingtigers45 wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:Very interesting that the same Christian School tournament in North Carolina (but Division 2, instead of Division 1) produced the 104-80 final score in a FOOTBALL GAME.

I don't know if you're saying this is a BAD thing for that league, but you couldn't be more wrong. The team that scored 104 has a quarterback named Will Grier who is one of the top 2014 QBs and is being HEAVILY recruited by the Florida Gators and is their #1 QB in the class.
The league is a joke.

Any league that has a team lose while scoring 80 points in a football game must be...WOW!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kentucky Trojan
SE

fightingtigers45 wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:does he play D ? LOL
Lol no idea. Just showing that the league is obviously producing good players.
I didn't say that a few of the players were incapable of playing D1 football.

I am simply saying that it is not a state championship with only 5 teams vying for the trophy.

184 points in a football game is unreal.

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballgame »

People may want to get some of their facts straight on here before they talk about the program down in Charlotte.
Coach Estep and his staff have won two state championships in the last five years, and produce annually players out of their program that go onto major Div. 1 schools to play football. This past year they have traveled to Maryland to play a school who participated in the Herbstreit Classic, the same team that beat Don Bosco who was the number #1 team in the country and held there own for 3 quarters. They played a team in South Carolina who has won 7 straight state championships. There are currently 6 players currently playing Div 1 football (defensive starter at Notre Dame, Duke, and Pittsburgh to name a few.) They also have 6-7 current players that are going Div. 1 the next year or two, some to possible SEC schools. They have to play all private schools in NC because in NC public and private are seperate divisions and specifically public and private schools are not permitted to play against each other in the Charlotte area. They even tried to come play Portsmouth this year and next but the offer was declined by Portsmouth. So to sit here and bash a Trojan alumni who has been very successful in his coaching career is crazy because you do not think his program is not of any caliber because of the rules in Charlotte. The program has been willing to travel to Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland just to find people and schools to play them. So I think they have establish a national known name for them in the college world of football with power six conference coaches calling them weekly about their program and their players.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Ballgame wrote:People may want to get some of their facts straight on here before they talk about the program down in Charlotte.
Coach Estep and his staff have won two state championships in the last five years, and produce annually players out of their program that go onto major Div. 1 schools to play football. This past year they have traveled to Maryland to play a school who participated in the Herbstreit Classic, the same team that beat Don Bosco who was the number #1 team in the country and held there own for 3 quarters. They played a team in South Carolina who has won 7 straight state championships. There are currently 6 players currently playing Div 1 football (defensive starter at Notre Dame, Duke, and Pittsburgh to name a few.) They also have 6-7 current players that are going Div. 1 the next year or two, some to possible SEC schools. They have to play all private schools in NC because in NC public and private are seperate divisions and specifically public and private schools are not permitted to play against each other in the Charlotte area. They even tried to come play Portsmouth this year and next but the offer was declined by Portsmouth. So to sit here and bash a Trojan alumni who has been very successful in his coaching career is crazy because you do not think his program is not of any caliber because of the rules in Charlotte. The program has been willing to travel to Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland just to find people and schools to play them. So I think they have establish a national known name for them in the college world of football with power six conference coaches calling them weekly about their program and their players.
My facts are straight.

I never said anything about their players, nor did I bash any of the Esteps.

I indicated that 5 teams vying for a "state championship" is not a state championship.

Those Charlotte players will not be coming to Portsmouth with them.

Deal with that!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

I was astounded to find out on the other website that some posters may not know that the Esteps and Cliffords are very close friends.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Maybe we should let the "investigations" take thier course before we throw out "knew about it " comments. Very serious allegations being offered without facts.... believe me, been threw it for over a year. Dont believe it should be thrown out on these boards until we have finalization

bd452
Waterboy

Post by bd452 »

??
Last edited by bd452 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

bd452 wrote:As far as the "knew about it." I was giving some aspects of the investigation. That is left to more qualified individuals that are a whole lot smater than myself. I think, right now, the aspects are less important than the fact that there is an investigation.
I also asked KT a coaching question that he answered honestly "no, because of the procedures set in place."
Personally I don't think the coaches knew about it. I know some of the coaches and they're good guys. I can't imagine that they would intentionally allow this to carry on. But I think too much of the community is focused on whether or not people knew of the incidents. As of right now, that is less important than the fact that the hazing did occur.
When egregious acts such as these occur within a sports program, the coaches aren't fired because they knew about it. They're fired because they didn't know about it. That is their job. The parents of these players entrusted the welfare of their child to the football coaches. And the coaching staff failed.
I don't know anything about the incident.

However, Ted Newsome is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Ted Newsome is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Ballgame wrote:People may want to get some of their facts straight on here before they talk about the program down in Charlotte.
Just a quick note here about 8 man football...Here in Arizona 8 man football is alive and well...they play 8 man because the schools are usually too small to play larger schools..One school in my area, Paradise Education Honors School played a 8 man schedule and the scores, because the defense also has only 8 men, are usually higher than usual...having said that 184 points is very high...Some of our 8 man teams move up and play 2-3 games a year against smaller 11 man teams and usually do very well because of the offenses...If you have not seen a 8 man game you owe it to yourself to see one...they are exicitng and fast, fast games...just my two cents worth....Having said that...GO TROJANS

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Ted Newsome is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Just so everyone knows Charolette Christian Christian Jason's team where Greg coached is the 733 ranked team in the nation according to Maxpreps. No local team comes close to that valley is the highest one I've seen as they are our only team still playing and they are ranked 2345.

The remaining 2 teams in our region are St. Clairsville who is ranked 1136 and Johnstown ranked 2225.

I realize that these are only rankings and don't mean that one team is defenatly better then another but it's prob the best comparison we have. What I mean is they have done something to earn thier ranking.

I know also people will tell me that those players from Charlotte aren't coming up here with him and that's true. But I have heard very few people complain about a lack of talent at Portsmouth so if that's really the case how could beef not be a great fit. I personaly believe that although we have some raw talent the work ethic hasn't been there from the players for sometime that's why I would bring in someone like Greg that us young and can relate to and motivate the boys exspecially with his background and resume.

I personally fear that through no fault of thier own that most the guys inside will find it hard to gaurner respect from the team and community

Return to “Football”