WEEK 13 Athens vs Thurgood Marshall

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: WEEK 13 Athens vs Thurgood Marshall

Post by 93Bulldog »

HSFBFAN wrote:Athens meets their match this week.
its the regional finals ...

final 8 in the state ...

of course they will meet their match ... every team will have their hands full - and then some - when you get to this stage.

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

No... No they won't meet their "match".

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Get-um Dogs!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Friday Perdiction!

Thurgood Marshall 56

Athens 35

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

moonshine wrote:Friday Perdiction!

Thurgood Marshall 56

Athens 35

Where are you playing at Friday Moonshine? :lol: :lol: :lol:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:

Thurgood Marshall 56

Athens 35

Hey just stating my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm gonna say the Dogs pull out a come from behind win and shock the state!!!!!!

GO ATHENS!
GO TVC!
GO ATHENS COUNTY!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I am pretty sure that nobody is interested in your MORONIC opinion Moonshine.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

moonshine wrote:
Fred G. Sanford wrote:

Thurgood Marshall 56
Athens 35
Hey just stating my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game is Saturday, not Friday. That's what Fred is tryin' to tell ya.

Good luck and then some, Dogs.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Guy's Let me be clear , I understand , That was FRIDAY's Prediction only, Not Game Day!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I don't mind his prediction or opinions (that is what this site is for) as long as they are done in a respectful way as they clearly were in this situation. I also caution some of my fellow Bulldog fans on dealing with success in an appropriate way, it wasn't that long ago (2007,2008) that Logan and Athens were polar opposites of where they are now and while the immediate future (2013,2014) may look to be more promising for Athens it won't always be that way. I know many Logan fans ran us down in the dirt when we were down (some still do) and a little payback is okay but keep in mind how fast things can change.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Oh how true that is A-Town BD2, the cylces of a program are inevitable. Having played both the Athens and Logan JV and Frosh teams this year I think maybe just maybe the Chieftians may rebound in a couple years if not sooner. And then the wheel turns, always happens to some extent.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This will be a completely different ball game from the Gallipolis game last week. Gallipolis was more of a run team and Marshall could just about figure what was coming. Athens has a lot stronger passing game and the running game might turn out to be big if Marshall's defense plays the passing game too much.

I don't see Athens stopping Marshall but Athens should keep the score a lot closer with their offense staying on the field longer. Also Marshall had one of those games that just about everything went their way and that won't happen two games in a row. If Athens gets a few breaks you just might see them next week .

Go Bulldogs

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Here is the highlight video from last week that Chris Stewart put together ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT17lkMwr_8

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

TM coach is an $$$. When playing Chillicothe, up 40 with under 2 min left in the game, TM was using the no huddle offense. With All their starters still in. Chili had already put their jv team earlier in the 4th. TM left their starters in the whole game to run up the score. Classless coach. Hinton was very ticked after the game at their coach. I hope somebody really puts it to them . He'll get his someday

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

noreply66 wrote:This will be a completely different ball game from the Gallipolis game last week. Gallipolis was more of a run team and Marshall could just about figure what was coming. Athens has a lot stronger passing game and the running game might turn out to be big if Marshall's defense plays the passing game too much.

I don't see Athens stopping Marshall but Athens should keep the score a lot closer with their offense staying on the field longer. Also Marshall had one of those games that just about everything went their way and that won't happen two games in a row. If Athens gets a few breaks you just might see them next week .

Go Bulldogs
I agree , ive said all week athens has a better chance than gallia To score this week , still not sure how much as TM is pretty good . we played our standard sorta game last week and what was our strength so was theirs and then some We needed to have more passing that created space then come back with some runs . If Athens can run or pass and keep their offense off the field then it gives them a chance . They are quick . Good luck. I'll be listening To it somehow. Was hoping STO might show it on tv but they only show Northern teams .

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

noreply66 wrote:This will be a completely different ball game from the Gallipolis game last week. Gallipolis was more of a run team and Marshall could just about figure what was coming. Athens has a lot stronger passing game and the running game might turn out to be big if Marshall's defense plays the passing game too much.

Go Bulldogs
I agree , ive said all week athens has a better chance than gallia To score this week , still not sure how much as TM is pretty good . we played our standard sorta game last week and what was our strength so was theirs and then some We needed to have more passing that created space then come back with some runs . If Athens can run or pass and keep their offense off the field then it gives them a chance . They are quick . Good luck. I'll be listening To it somehow. Was hoping STO might show it on tv but they only show Northern teams .

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

wxtq.com

can listen to the game on the internet

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i wish athens the best of luck. i would love to see a south east ohio team in state semi finals. but your going to run up against one of the best teams i have ever scene play i spent 3 years in the navy in the hampton roads area scene some great teams there. this team could compete against many rgeat teams i have ever scene. yes this game will be different then last week. yes Athens passing attack may cause them some additional problems. But i will be pleasantly surprised if athens can complete even 35 or 40% of there passes. yes TM will play man. and they will play zero cushion. will they get burned. yes? but they will catch receiver after 15 or 20 yard game and they will have one or two kids playing center field waiting to pick off errant passes. don't know what to pick for final score but cannot imagine it being close.

if athens scores more then 21 against there first team i will be shocked. i will really be surprised if it is anymore than 14. then after subs come in who knows what may happen. Good luck have lots of fun and enjoy the moment. then as a fan as you watch you will be seeing something special on the field.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:Here is the highlight video from last week that Chris Stewart put together ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT17lkMwr_8
Talented organized tough looking group working together. The qb and those tall receivers should be a handful for t-m. Good luck tonite athens, you deserve to be there. GET-ERRRR-DONE DOG'S!!!

Return to “Football”