WEEK 13 Athens vs Thurgood Marshall

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

footballfam37
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 13 Athens vs Thurgood Marshall

Post by footballfam37 »

Paladin wrote:After watching the tape replay of this game, have changed my mind. Marshall will not win state. Not that good.
Man you are a football genius aren't you? Bahahahahahaha no your an idiot, by saying Marshall isn't that good is just ignorant grow up

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Time Warner broadcasters last night:

Norvell ... getting looks from Big Ten and MAC schools.
Green ... both Ohio State and Wisconsin want the 6-foot-6 TE.
Copeland ... Cincinnati and Toledo are both after the junior.
6-foot-3 210-pound DE Michael Seege ... SW DIII defensive player of the year.

- not that good my A**

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Thurgood Marshall is one of the best running teams I have watched on the Gridiron.
The running backs legs were like little pistons that never stopped.

Sometimes, you run into a better team.
That happened last night to Athens. Thurgood Marshall was the better team.

In a game like this, Athens had to play almost perfect.
The Bulldogs did not protect well, had too many dropped balls, and had difficulty tackling.

You have to give credit to Thurgood Marshall for having a great gameplan, that team was prepared to run the ball and executed it quite impressively.
Athens at the core is very, very young (in age). But they will take this loss as a learning curve and I know the Athens Faithfull is excited to see this Sophomore Class in the next few years as they get bigger, faster and stronger...

ONE HELLUVA SEASON BULLDOGS!
11 WINS (All in a Row!)
TVC-OHIO CHAMPIONSHIP
2012 PLAY-OFF APPEARANCE (2nd in a Row, Only 3rd Time in School History)
Defeated CIRCLEVILLE in the DIII, REGION 12 - ROUND ONE of the STATE PLAY-OFFS. (First Play-Off Win in School History)
Defeated SHAWNEE in the DIII, REGION 12 - ROUND TWO of the STATE PLAY-OFFS. (Second Play-Off Win in School History)

This is the Start of Something Special!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

93Bulldog wrote:
Paladin wrote:have changed my mind. Marshall will not win state. Not that good.
Hillarious.
Dont get too upset, Bulldog....you just gotta admire his dedication to humility and respect his desire and devout practice of conversing with his fellow man with admiration and the upmost respect.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Paladin wrote:Yes, its sad when you have NO ONE from SEO even getting out of the Regional. Weak sister. Watching the rest of the state playing superior football.

If you won't do anything about it, live with it.

BTW, I predicted this blowout and as usual, the clueless here were wrong.
Just curious Palidan, but what could everybody do? Athleticism doesn't grow on trees. You can't coach speed. We can have great fundamentals down here, but in the end it doesn't help a person catch a guy who runs a 4.4 in the open field. Not saying there's no speed down here, but team speed is lower here than most regions of the state.

(Don't give Oregon/Stanford as an example; Stanford's front seven had speed to keep Oregon bottled up.)

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Watch what happens to Marshall at State. Then we'll discuss.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

The bullpuppies had a good year, BUT the better team handle the bullpuppies and will move on!

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

Great season Bulldogs from Ironmen country. Went to the game and to be honest I was a little surprised at the way you guys came out. I think TM was a little surprised as well but boy do they have the speed.
Anyway conrats. on your season! :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Speed Kills!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congrats to Athens on a very good season. As I said when LE and Gallia lost to Marshall, there is no shame in it. That's a darn fantastic running attack and team they have.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Congrats to Athens on a great season. Probably their best ever in football.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

As expected and I predicted Marshall met their Waterloo at State losing to Bellevue 34-33. I also expect Bellevue to lose to Akron SVSM in the final. Marshall was a one trick pony and in watching the Athens game, the competition didn't exist in the region. But at State, Marshall was going nowhere. I'd look for a 2 TD SVSM win or better. I don't think Marshall would have won any region but the one they were in, the weakest in the state.

Some folks here got exposed, 8)

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

I watched Pick N and Moeller, then TM and Bellevue on TV last night. Bellevue won with superior coaching. In the 3rd quarter the announcers stated that TM had ran 40 more plays than Bellevue. Bellevue could not stop TM but did not give up the home run plays. The nail in TM's coffin was the kicking game. Bellevue has a QB they list as 6' 155lbs that has ran for 8TDs and 800+ yards in four playoff games this year. In the regional finals he rushed 45 times for 200+ yards. With those stats its obvious that they have a tremendous OL. Since most schools list players as taller and heavier than they really are, it makes me wonder how big this QB really is. He has to have an exceptional body to take that kind of pounding. The PN/Moeller game also went down to the last possesion with Moeller causing a fumble at their own one to stop PN.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:As expected and I predicted Marshall met their Waterloo at State losing to Bellevue 34-33. I also expect Bellevue to lose to Akron SVSM in the final. Marshall was a one trick pony and in watching the Athens game, the competition didn't exist in the region. But at State, Marshall was going nowhere. I'd look for a 2 TD SVSM win or better. I don't think Marshall would have won any region but the one they were in, the weakest in the state.

TM was winning in the 3rd and were beaten by 1 point!

Its the state semi-finals for God's sake and you lose by a single point - and your talking down on them?

footballfam37
Waterboy

Post by footballfam37 »

Paladin wrote:As expected and I predicted Marshall met their Waterloo at State losing to Bellevue 34-33. I also expect Bellevue to lose to Akron SVSM in the final. Marshall was a one trick pony and in watching the Athens game, the competition didn't exist in the region. But at State, Marshall was going nowhere. I'd look for a 2 TD SVSM win or better. I don't think Marshall would have won any region but the one they were in, the weakest in the state.

LOL thurgood was definitely the better team they were up by two TD's late. poor coaching lost them this game. If you didn't see that then you are just stupid my friend

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I correctly point out after watching the Athens game that TM wasn't going much farther. Big scoring wins were going to be difficult. Beating someone badly was over. And I proved to be right. SVSM would whip them too. TM won the only region they could . The rest they would never have gotten to State. And in fact there were numerous teams in the state who would beat up on TM that didn'r get as far because of tougher regions. When you see good football, you soon recognize lesser teams. I called it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

your too funny ...

TM probably wins Region 11 in similar fashion ...

They lose by 1 point after leading almost the entire game to the region 10 champ ... the game could have gone either way - but you claim that 'you called it' and that TM wouldn't win any other region ... the fact of the matter is - you got lucky picking against TM ... if they hold onto the lead last night, you would just wait until they lost to ASVSM, and then say 'I told you so'.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

When will everyone learn to ignore that goon? When he stirs you up, he has completed his mission.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Just ignore the troll and he'll go away. He's a sad, old little man that has to get his joy out of crapping on others.

Return to “Football”