GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Re: GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Why in the world would Eddy leave?? He has got the program going in the right direction and they have a good team coming back next season.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I don't know didn't talk to my son last night i was at work before he got home and my daughter heard it through a cheerleader so i don't even know if there is any truth to it or not. But a lot of people have ties to their home maybe it is just that simple if there is any truth to it at all. I know the football players are raffling off half a hog because i have raffle tickets to sell so maybe their is no truth to it. time will tell.

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Post by Raiderfan69 »

It is true, his wife Joni said they were going back to Parkersburg. Good luck to them both in whatever direction God is taking them :).

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Rumor has it that Penrod will interview for the Logan Job!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

It is truly a sad day in Bluedeviland. Good luck coach.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

im hearing talk around school is its pretty official.
coach eddy laid such tremenous ground work for the program. i would hate to see us have to start back over again.

coach penrod is the guy for the job, my sons love playing for and speak very highly of him. im sure he would keep the same staff around (maclelland and saunders) so you still have all your coordinators who were a big reason for eddys success too. i hope the board sees this and makes a decision ASAP so this football team can continue on

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GA Sports gone to the dogs! AD Wright hope its not true !! power gone to your head just like the rest !!

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Wright is not the A.D. He is now principal of the middle school. If decision is official i think it has little to do with The school or the board. If you have heard coach Eddy talk at all you know that Parkersburg has always been close to his heart. Look back at Coach Eddy's first 3 years here it is not like he always had total support of the community several people thought he was the wrong man fro the job. I feel coach Eddy was the right man at the right time for all Gallia athletics. I hear very few coaches from very few sports that don't feel that coach Eddy's philosophy and passion and not improved the school and their own program.

More importantly then a league championship and a playoff appearance he taught a lot of young boys had to be young men. His impact will be felt long beyond his time here. I think Penrod even very different then coach Eddy would be a terrific hire. If we don't hire Penrod, i hope we search for someone in coach Eddy's mold. Not necessarily his offense or defense but his overall commitment to developing boys into young men.

If you are gone Coach me and my family will wish you and your family all the best and happiness wherever you go.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GA Sports :roll: :roll: :roll: :!: :!:

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

I'm almost certain that Coach Mike Eddy is coming bck to Parkersburg, but its going to be as the next head coach of Parkersburg South.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Coach Penrod would be a excellent choice as a head coach I would be very comfortable with him taking over as the head coach the kids like him, he knows football and who knows you may see more kids come out for football with a guy like Alex in place . He coached my son almost his entire high school football career he can relate to the players, he remembers what its like to be on the field and he can motivate the players I am afraid if we don't get him someone else will and I know Coach Penrod is Happy in Blue Devil land Lets hope he stays here!

Icepick
Waterboy

Post by Icepick »

Hmm, on Twitter Penrod tweeted:
"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Once a Blue Devil. Always a Blue Devil! The time is NOW!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Define absurdity:

Somebody just re-posted a philosophical tweet, from an assistant coach, at a small high school, in SE Ohio, onto SEOPreps.

Who needs to see the universe to feel insignificant?

Icepick
Waterboy

Post by Icepick »

Focusing too much on the first part of it, and not the second part, then seeing the correlation between the parts. Penrod was interviewed twice by Portsmouth and was set to be interviewed by Logan, and wanted to be a HC somewhere. Now with Eddy going back to Parkersburg, that maybe the better thing that fell together, giving him the chance to be the HC at Gallia.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Penrod seems to be a worthy candidate, but I have a feeling he will not be hired. I say they bring McClelland in to take Coach Eddy's teaching and coaching positions, or they go outside again. I bet the candidate pool will be full of great coaches.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

:(
Last edited by GalliaGrad78 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:No need to go outside.
Would they really hire anyone other than coach Penrod? Or even coach McClelland or coach Saunders? We have too good of a program. These kids deserve to have the same system

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

gobigblue12 wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:No need to go outside.
Would they really hire anyone other than coach Penrod? Or even coach McClelland or coach Saunders? We have too good of a program. These kids deserve to have the same system
Serious question, will not being a teacher hurt Penrod? Who was the last GA coach that wasn't a teacher?

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

prob not. a lot of schools are in same boat.

and look at head coaches at GAHS that arent even school employees in district. coach penrod still is in the high school which is a positive

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Seen this happen before !!! GOOD LUCK BLUE.

Return to “Football”