GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Icepick
Waterboy

Re: GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Post by Icepick »

Well, Penrod sorta is a teacher. He covers Study Halls all day.

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

it is not been announced officially yet but mike eddy will be named the head coach at parkersburg SOUTH high school. imo this is a bad move for him. south will not have the talent he will need to win in the ovac.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

My grandson played for coach Eddy. He paid coach Eddy a compliment when he said that he hoped his younger brother had the opportunity to play for him. How the players feel about a coach tells me more than reading a forum such as this one.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

thanks to coach eddy for all the great years at gahs. i know he has left the program in great hands! he has had a huge impact on my sons, and everyone elses.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Nothing wrong with going back to WV to coach. This is obviously where he wanted to be ultimately. As far as it being a bad move, how can it possibly be a bad move to coach at Parkersburg South? If he coaches there 15-20 years, he's going to have at least one state championship for sure, probably multiple.

JLHWSSGGAHS
Waterboy

Post by JLHWSSGGAHS »

You can't fault the man for wanting to get back to the area he is from. He has done a fine job here at GAHS, and I wish him nothing but the best. I just hope that who ever is hired can continue the success of the program.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Niday!!! Give the hard nose one a chance!!! He's a great O Man.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

His wife posted on Facebook that they are leaving and going back to Parkersburg . They want to be closer to their families is the reason..

oldbluedevil
Waterboy

Post by oldbluedevil »

Honestly, I think we should go after Rob Woodward, Niday, dunno if they would take the job or not. When I talk to Woody's dad he always says how content he is at Wheelersburg but sure would be nice to have him back on the sidelines at Memorial Field. Niday, I will guarantee you that he is the best football coach in that school. Patterson, he knows his football and really good at coaching up kids he plus got screwed over when eddy was hired so probably has a chip on his shoulder. IMO I think either three of theses would be good hires and hope we can get one. Honestly glad Eddy is gone now we can get a coach that will stay with us after a good season and not just up and leave to go to a better program. I doubt we give the job to anyone on the current coaching staff and Penrod is a joke and watch he will leave to go to Logan and soon as they come calling and rightfully so.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

oldbluedevil wrote:Honestly, I think we should go after Rob Woodward, Niday, dunno if they would take the job or not. When I talk to Woody's dad he always says how content he is at Wheelersburg but sure would be nice to have him back on the sidelines at Memorial Field. Niday, I will guarantee you that he is the best football coach in that school. Patterson, he knows his football and really good at coaching up kids he plus got screwed over when eddy was hired so probably has a chip on his shoulder. IMO I think either three of theses would be good hires and hope we can get one. Honestly glad Eddy is gone now we can get a coach that will stay with us after a good season and not just up and leave to go to a better program. I doubt we give the job to anyone on the current coaching staff and Penrod is a joke and watch he will leave to go to Logan and soon as they come calling and rightfully so.
Rob is not leaving Wheelersburg and Niday will never get a shot. Penrod is not a joke. He is a great assistant because he is a good motivator. However, he is not a head coach. I mean this as no disrespect. I just don't feel he can make some of the tough calls that are necessary to be a head guy. He doesn't strike me as a guy who can call the shots. But like I said, any staff would take him as an assistant. Sometimes that's the best role for people.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Woodward would not want all the drama thats comes with the job!!! Niday is the best for the job !!! And Patterson would be good for the program.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Seems to me like Eddy helped clean up a lot of the drama around that program.

Going back to former staff would probably just re-ignite. I would say GAHS would be best fit by looking at the current staff or outside. Obviously Robbie Woodward would be an excellent candidate, but would be surprised if he would make the move.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I say bring back NIDAY!

The so-called innovator of the spread offense ...

:)

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GA outside no! unless its a big name coach !!! he might make it !!! lol

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

93Bulldog wrote:I say bring back NIDAY!

Was that a shot?

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

Why would we change what coach eddy has built the last four years?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

gobigblue12 wrote:Why would we change what coach eddy has built the last four years?
Personally, I would not like a change in coaching philosophy, but if the Board hires an outsider, they maybe just what happens.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I say bring back NIDAY!

Was that a shot?
No ...

I have met Coach Niday, talked to him on more than one occasion and use to pick on each other back during the JJhuddle days ... I was just kidding around GalliaGrad78.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

gobigblue12 wrote:Why would we change what coach eddy has built the last four years?
What has he done that previous staffs haven't been able to do? When he goes to PHS he better take a good offensive codinator with him because he knows very little about setting up a good offense....

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

coach and teach kids, just not football but about life. eddy, penrod, coen, saunders, mcclelland were awesome growing these kids. if you could only witness and see outside of friday nights

Return to “Football”