GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

91blue14
SE

Re: GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Post by 91blue14 »

superintendent mace called sparling and asked him to apply which he did and withdrew his name before interviews :idea:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

rife was at meigs last year he has an interview

mclellan was this years coordinator and he has an interview :lol:

oldbluedevil
Waterboy

Post by oldbluedevil »

Right I was a year off. Rife and this years OC and I believe Patterson all have interviews. And yes RVs coach applied and the job was his but he didn't want it. To be honest no idea who they will go with and blue14 I'm pretty sure we know each other.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

91blue14 wrote:superintendent mace called sparling and asked him to apply which he did and withdrew his name before interviews :idea:
Good for him, but I think I would have bolted.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i guess finding some assistant coaches will be interesting. oldbluedevil how do we know each other?

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

91blue14 wrote:superintendent mace called sparling and asked him to apply which he did and withdrew his name before interviews :idea:
i have a hard time believing this. you're trying to tell me gallia academy called a guy that's won 3-4 games in two years at rv and asked him to apply? i don't like the direction of our program if this is true.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

oldbluedevil wrote:Right I was a year off. Rife and this years OC and I believe Patterson all have interviews. And yes RVs coach applied and the job was his but he didn't want it. To be honest no idea who they will go with and blue14 I'm pretty sure we know each other.
i don't believe. where did you hear this?

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

penrod and mcclland interviewed tonight i know. may just come down to those 2. program would be in great shape going forward with either

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

gobigblue12 wrote:penrod and mcclland interviewed tonight i know. may just come down to those 2. program would be in great shape going forward with either
Are you kidding me? Penrod maybe but McClelland he!! no. You guys are wondering about Sparling only winning 3-4 games at RV and he has a good background. McClelland couldn't win any games himself at RV and he had a couple of classes that were decent.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

4thnpine wrote:
i have a hard time believing this. you're trying to tell me gallia academy called a guy that's won 3-4 games in two years at rv and asked him to apply? i don't like the direction of our program if this is true.

yes its true and yes its hard to believe :122245

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:
gobigblue12 wrote:penrod and mcclland interviewed tonight i know. may just come down to those 2. program would be in great shape going forward with either
Are you kidding me? Penrod maybe but McClelland he!! no. You guys are wondering about Sparling only winning 3-4 games at RV and he has a good background. McClelland couldn't win any games himself at RV and he had a couple of classes that were decent.

These are the type of mindsets of high school fans "not all" that are laughable. River Valley has been a bottom feeder for a long time Gahs has been succesful for a long time. Comments like this are ignorant i would bet not one GAHScoach could have won games at river valley during the same period mcclellend was there, same holds true for sparling. It is obvious to me, people who make these type of comments have no idea whatis involved in making a program successful. I willgive you an obvious first two on the list 1. players with talent 2. playing teams who are less talented, in other words a workable schedule. STAY A FAN please do us all a favor and never get involved in coaching!!! Clueless

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

As you grow and develop as a fan of the great sport of American Football, you must always remember these basic tenets which holds true regardless of what level of the sport you enjoy (pee-wee, middle school, junior varsity, high school, semi-pro, college or professional).

1. When a team is good, it is because the players are marvelous and talented.
2. When a team is bad, it is because the head coach has the IQ of brain-damaged monkey.

These facts can be supported scientifically. In a recent season of the Discovery Channel Show MYTHBUSTERS, Adam and Jamie proved that it IS possible to polish a turd.

-- excerpted from SPORTS LOGIC 101: HOW TO THINK LIKE A FOOTBALL FAN, a course available through Spilled Beer Community College.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Well Devils it looks like this . . . you are down to two. One coach from a fairly local school. He has done a very good job starting out with NOTHING! The second is a younger coach that I know very little about. There will be no one from the staff hired as head coach. Remember . . . you heard it here first! :122245

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Whoever gets the job will probably be successful. We have downgraded our schedule
to upgrade our program… Maybe in a couple years we can schedule a Canadian team…LOL

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

It's March already and the board has not hired a football coach. How much ,longer will it be?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Da Bears wrote:Well Devils it looks like this . . . you are down to two. One coach from a fairly local school. He has done a very good job starting out with NOTHING! The second is a younger coach that I know very little about. There will be no one from the staff hired as head coach. Remember . . . you heard it here first! :122245
I think their best bet is someone from the staff.

I assume the younger coach you're talking about is Wade Bartholomew. Some school is going to be very happy they hired him. He'll even run the spread which should appease some of the posters on here.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Da Bears wrote:Well Devils it looks like this . . . you are down to two. One coach from a fairly local school. He has done a very good job starting out with NOTHING! The second is a younger coach that I know very little about. There will be no one from the staff hired as head coach. Remember . . . you heard it here first! :122245
I am glad that you know we are down to just 2. but I know of at least 1 interview that was not going to take place until i thought the man told me next week. and i would be very pleased if he were hired. he is not from current staff and i would not consider him young or all that local. Who knows maybe him or the school changed their mind about interviewing.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Word at the Convo last night is wade Bartholomew will be next coach.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Shoelace wrote:Word at the Convo last night is wade Bartholomew will be next coach.
If this is true good choice.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

How about some background on Wade Bartholomew..

Return to “Football”