GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

kvnchambers
Varsity

Re: GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Post by kvnchambers »

here is what i could find. he is 25 years old maybe 26 by now. a math teacher. record at Huntington 5-15.(were on a 26 game losing streak when he arrived.)
asst. at logan elm 2 years under his father Scott Bartholomew. college Qb at ohio dominican and Capital. he was rumored in westfall job over the winter where he graduated from.
this is a statement out of chillicthie paper he made about the westfall rumors.

You can never pass up an opportunity to make your family better. But I don't think that situation will ever arise. I like it here. I get a lot of support here, and Mrs. Eldridge making the comment that they're afraid to lose me means a lot to me. There are a lot of rumors out there I can crush, but realistically nothing is coming to mind. Obviously, the Westfall one is the one everyone brings up with Keller out, but nothing on my end has happened. I like it here, and I look at this place and just wonder what we can turn this into."

I wanted to see us hire someone from current staff but what i have heard and scene about this guy. he may be to good to pass up. i think he would be a good hire.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

2 quality guys inside the program that have both been a main part of success!
and 9 people on the actual committee making a decision that effects so many!
and neither 2 get selected for even a 2nd interview

absolute joke! hard to consider myself a blue devil fan

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Has this hire been made "official"? As for the 2 guys already here, one can never really know what happens during an interview process unless they are actually there.

JLHWSSGGAHS
Waterboy

Post by JLHWSSGGAHS »

Not everyone is going to agree with whoever is hired. But in order for GAHS to have continued success, the community needs to get behind the new coach and support him!

oldbluedevil
Waterboy

Post by oldbluedevil »

Herd the other day (Friday) they are down to two Riffe an the 26 year old and it swaying in his favor.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

LOL Thats GA sports.

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

What's the word? Rife, Bartholomew, Arno? Second round interviews were supposed to be this week.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

What happened to the qualified guys from Gallia that were on the staff. They did an outstanding job last year and this is what they get in return. It will be interesting to see who is on the staff if these guys don't get a fair shake. Don't reinvent the wheel here, they have it all going in the right direction already.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

Ironmen44 wrote:What happened to the qualified guys from Gallia that were on the staff. They did an outstanding job last year and this is what they get in return. It will be interesting to see who is on the staff if these guys don't get a fair shake. Don't reinvent the wheel here, they have it all going in the right direction already.
Penrod has been on staff since bokovitz was here and fastly moved up the ranks every year and was coach eddy's assistant head coach for 3 years.

Mcclelland took over one of the worst offenses in school history and made it the best offense in school history the very next year.

Neither gets a shot to be head coach!???

And neither of those 2 with incredbile success, and riffe who was fired as OC for the worst offense returns as a top 3 head coaching candidate

Wow. and i have a son who still has 3 years left to play here.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

It takes more than X&Os to be a head coach. If you don't like it go somewhere else.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i could be wrong but i don't think riffe was fired. i think he choose to leave not positive about that. and i don't think you can give mccleand should get all the credit for offensive improvement a huge amount of improvement needs to go to the Qb as a sophmore made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot and was a much improved player as a junior. as that offense was very explosive 2 years ago when it had austin wilson and other weapons.

As far as Penrod not getting job he would of been my choice of current coaches on team. But at same time if coach penrod has really interviewed at all the places that he has rumored to of interviewed this year. maybe he does not interview well or something. If their not going to go with a current coach which it appears they are not i would like to see them go with bartholowmew.
it is my understanding that even if coach eddy would of stayed their would of been a few changes to staff. Staffs decision no one else's so i am sure with a new head coach there will be some changes. being a football coach takes a lot of time and some of the staff are at a point in their life that they have some other thing they would like to do.
I just hope whoever new coach is. i don't care what his x's and o's are but i hope he maintains coach eddys weight room intensity and also focusing the boys in on being good citizens.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

pretty srue penrod only interviewed for portsmouth and was a top 3 there. says he interviews pretty well. they think more of him than what the gallia administaration does.
and as far as the QB making imporovent. penrod was the QB coach.

mcclelland was the offense this year with the play calling. that came down to x and o's. talent was there last year. riffe just didnt use it.

bartholomew has to be the man. if not. wow.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Maybe Penrod could get on the Logan staff :122249

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

gobigblue12 wrote:pretty srue penrod only interviewed for portsmouth and was a top 3 there. says he interviews pretty well. they think more of him than what the gallia administaration does.
and as far as the QB making imporovent. penrod was the QB coach.

mcclelland was the offense this year with the play calling. that came down to x and o's. talent was there last year. riffe just didnt use it.

bartholomew has to be the man. if not. wow.
I don't know where penrod interviewed but i heard his name mentioned about several open positions including, waverly, portsmouth, logan, westfall and a couple of more. i don't know that he even applied at some of those just saying his name was mentioned.
you don't think a qb with 10 more starts under his belt doesn't make a huge difference? the 2011 team had a lot of problems but talent wasn't one of them you are correct there. but that team had a lot of other problems of kids not buying into the system or being more worried about themselves then the team. asked the kids that played on that team that are still there they did not blame coach Rife and several of them would like him back. i just think if your not going with current staff you need to go with a complete change and that would be bartholmew. i think any new coach is going to face several challenges for the next couple of years. next 2 years team is going to have to rely on playing a lot of underclassmen. just fielding a winning team may be a success even though with schedule changes should manage at least 7 wins with such youth. next years team will have a lot of skill but line will be really small and inexperienced. unless a new coach brings back out some kids that have left the program.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

just by playing and getting experience wont totally make you better but agree it did help some in jarrells success.

main reason. mcclelland installing the read option run game. look what it did vs mcnicholas
with that. penrod coaching jarrell on the fake which was a key to the play
eddy coaching the oline to get to 2nd level which was a key to the play
mccelland coaching the running backs to hit the burst when they know they have the ball which was a key to the play
saunders caching the wide outs on open field blocking which was a key to the play

key to success comes from within a staff that works well together.

i have a kid graduating and oen coming back. i know they will be missed but hope the right guy comes in and get some of the key members back

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

If the read option was new and if it was mcclelland's idea then he does deserve a ton of credit. i had thought it had been playbook but just was not executed properly in the past but i am no expert on gallia's playbook. i agree that the staff worked well together and i think those that remain will work well with whoever new coach is. Skill player wise i see a lot of talent in what is coming back. are problem will be on offense and defensive line. we are going to be very young at a lot of positions. i know that in the junior class i think there is one lineman. and i think we will have 3 or 4 seniors and the rest will have to be filled with freshmen or sophomores.
also the junior class is just small. i think there are only 8 or 9 of them.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Haven't been on here awhile wished I have known about this coaching job. There is a young man who will be looking for a job come June. He played at Wheelersburg then at Mount Union College in which he majored in strength and conditioning. Then received his masters in coaching at OU. He is right now finishing up his internship at Costal Carolina with the football team on conditioning. He is young and inexperience but being involved with two great programs he would have alot to offer. Maybe next time.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

What is his name?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

new head coach is official. good luck blue devils on a new era of football.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Who is the coach?

Return to “Football”