2013 Portsmouth West Senators

West Side Pride
All Conference

Re: 2013 Portsmouth West Senators

Post by West Side Pride »

sider wrote:Since were on the topic, best teams in West History (In my opinion):
1. 2002, 12-3, State Runners up
2. 1970, 9-1, Lost to Notre Dame in basically what was the State Championship Game at the time
3. 2008, 11-1, Absolutely dominant at times
4. 1990, 10-1, First Undefeated team, has only victory over Ironton
5. 1984, 9-1, lost to Boomer Reed led Portsmouth

3 and 4 are a toss up

debate
It was'nt Danny Reed that made that game for Portsmouth and agree with 2011 team.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I agree with above comment.
Also, the 2011 was 5 yards away from going to a regional championship, which probably would have put them in the conversation at the 2 spot. But yes them along with 1988 team (first playoff team) and the 1977 team (first Soc team in something like 20 years) are in the conversation.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

The 2010 was quite a bit better than the 2011 team in my opinion. If arguably the best player in the schools history doesn't get hurt that team wins the Regional championship. They lost like 5 kids for the season in the Valley game after Pendleton went down.

BTW, How much longer do you think Coach T will coach. His daughter will be graduating this year and probably going on to play basketball somehwere in college. Who do you think would be interested in that job next time it comes up?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I heard that he was going to Coach several more years and maybe after he retires from Teaching. For the next Coach I would look at some young talent within or past West players.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:The 2010 was quite a bit better than the 2011 team in my opinion. If arguably the best player in the schools history doesn't get hurt that team wins the Regional championship. They lost like 5 kids for the season in the Valley game after Pendleton went down.

BTW, How much longer do you think Coach T will coach. His daughter will be graduating this year and probably going on to play basketball somehwere in college. Who do you think would be interested in that job next time it comes up?
2010 team probably would have gone 10-0 if it weren't for Trevon's injury. I honestly thought the had a chance to get to a state championship game at the beginning of the season. The mixture of the talent of the senior class and the one below was some the best in a long time.

I would say Triplett sticks around 2-3 more seasons, then I would imagine he will retire from teaching. As far as applicants go, I'm sure there would be numerous people that are interested. I'm sure are there plenty of people willing to live a smaller school to coach at West. Also, there are some young guys that are on staff and/or have graduated recently that would make fine head coaches on one day. It depends on the direction they want to go.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

GOAT, you interested?

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Maybe in a few years!!!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

That should be interesting.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

why is that?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:Maybe in a few years!!!
I would love to see that. I think you would make a great coach, you would be my pick for the next coach at West.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I agree. The GOAT will be a great coach. Just hope its at West.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Is this person coaching now? I would think the next head coach at West needs to be a college graduate and a teacher.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

game day wrote:Is this person coaching now? I would think the next head coach at West needs to be a college graduate and a teacher.
No he is not coaching now.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

No kids, not a teacher, and no experience need not apply.Just sayin. :razz:

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

urban buck wrote:No kids, not a teacher, and no experience need not apply.Just sayin. :razz:
No kids really?? Does that make you a good coach? Dont we have enough dads on the sidelines following their kids around

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I still think that the next coach will need to be a teacher/coach. The head coach walking the hallways helps the entire school system. Good Luck who ever it is after Coach -T.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Noles it has nothing to do with having a kid on the team. It has everything to do with understanding kids.So yes, it is a factor that makes for a better coach.I agree with urban.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

dreamweaver wrote:Noles it has nothing to do with having a kid on the team. It has everything to do with understanding kids.So yes, it is a factor that makes for a better coach.I agree with urban.
One of the best coaches I ever had was before he had ever become a father. Just because you're a father doesn't mean you will be able to relate to all kids. You will be hard pressed to find to kids that are raised the same way. A good coach will be able to see potential in a kid and be able to get it out of them reguardless if he is a parent or not. I will agree having a coach in the school system is a plus, being seen through the course of the day helps with some disciplinary problems. Plus a coach would be able to monitor academics as well>

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I dont doubt there are good coaches out there without kids, I just think they tend to be the exception. It isnt only about understanding kids, it is understanding parents too. There are a lot of people that think they would be a great coach and they dont have a clue what all it entails. It sure doesnt have anything to do with raising your kids the same way.lol

TheNatural
Riding the Bench

Post by TheNatural »

Why is PWHS already looking for a new coach?

Return to “Football”