WHAT SEOP TEAM ADVANCES THE FARTHEST 2013

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHAT SEOP TEAM ADVANCES THE FARTHEST 2013

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS.
WILL IT BE THE TRADITIONAL TEAMS HERE IN THE SOUTH THAT GO THE FARTHEST, OR HAS A NEW DARK HORSE EMERGED.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.

sider
All Conference

Re: WHAT SEOP TEAM ADVANCES THE FARTHEST 2013

Post by sider »

Burg will advance the furthest. I would they will get to the region final and with the right matchup win the region. They have impressive athletes coming back, good coaching, and a scheme that is built for the playoffs. However, their line play will have to improve somewhat...regardless I still say they will. I'm sure that Valley will at least win a playoff game, they have a lot coming back. I think West will make it in, I could see them performing well. We have a lot coming back, and I'm sure they will be very hungry after a subpar season. Also, I'm sure Ironton will make the playoffs, not sure how they perform though.

As far as dark horse, I think that Fairland will make the playoffs since 2003. I don't know if they will win, but they have a lot returning. With the right coaching staff, Portsmouth could have a much improved season as well, they return a lot of athletes. If they can improve on the fundamentals, Blocking and Tackling, they could be the most improved team around.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens still seems young

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironton lost 19/20 seniors from a class of i think 37.
not sure how many frosh coming up.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

The bulk of Athens best players were sophomores this tear. They will be good the next couple years.
Last edited by indianabuck on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

As for Burg, Valley, and West, alot will depend on how the regions are redivided. They could have some loaded schools or super long bus rides next year depending on their region. The spring is going to be very interesting.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

wahama

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

indianabuck wrote:As for Burg, Valley, and West, alot will depend on how the regions are redivided. They could have some loaded schools or super long bus rides next year depending on their region. The spring is going to be very interesting.
Agreed, Maybe they will be kind and will be heavy on Soc teams

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

What I would like to see are the SOC enrollment numbers this year and what possible division they will be in. It will be interesting to see how the state divides. Do they go further north? Do they bring eastern Ohio over? Or do they bring Dayton/cincy area over? That is what I like to know. That will make a huge difference for a wheelersburg valley, and now even ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironton will be division 5, i assume the same region as burg, valley, etc. but who knows.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

There is basically no way that Valley isn't Division 6. We will probably be on the lower end of the division as well.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Crab's brother wrote:There is basically no way that Valley isn't Division 6. We will probably be on the lower end of the division as well.
I agree, Valley should be D6 and Burg possibly will be D6 as well. We won't know the result of the count or who is in what region until around April though. The last count resulted in Valley dropping from 152 to 126 boys. I am not sure which class was really small though. If their small class is the current senior class, they could jump back up in enrollment to be about the size of Burg again and be right on the D5/D6 line. Coldwater, Kirtland and Ursuline are all just a few kids larger than Burg, so I would love the see Burg be the largest D6 school when the numbers are released 8)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

one way or tother , gonna be interesting when this all gets announced next year 4th.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Portsmouth has a ton of talent returning...I just hope they are half as hungry as I am

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Portsmouth has a ton of talent returning
I say the same thing every time we play them. I'm not sure Portsmouth should be mentioned in the context of this thread, but if the new coaching staff can get the kids motivated and focused, they could have some success. After having credit for 1 win in the past 2 seasons (after the forfeits for 2010), it is hard to expect them to be a playoff team and the new coaching staff will have a hard time teaching a lot of the fundamentals they have been lacking to have success immediately, but hopefully the change will have the kids excited to play in 2013. Portsmouth definately has the potential to be the most improved team in the area.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

4th n Goal wrote:
LetsGoPSU wrote:Portsmouth has a ton of talent returning
I say the same thing every time we play them. I'm not sure Portsmouth should be mentioned in the context of this thread, but if the new coaching staff can get the kids motivated and focused, they could have some success. After having credit for 1 win in the past 2 seasons (after the forfeits for 2010), it is hard to expect them to be a playoff team and the new coaching staff will have a hard time teaching a lot of the fundamentals they have been lacking to have success immediately, but hopefully the change will have the kids excited to play in 2013. Portsmouth definately has the potential to be the most improved team in the area.
True, but with even more divisions and Portsmouth schedule, if they win 6 games they're in.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GANG , WE ARE GONNA SEE TEAMS WITH LOSING RECORDS NOW MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITH THIS NEW AND UMMM IMPROVED SYSTEM. :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned TRIMBLE ... they will be Division 7 next year ... they return almost everyone from a team that almost beat state runner-up Newark Catholic in the regional semi-finals.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned TRIMBLE ... they will be Division 7 next year ... they return almost everyone from a team that almost beat state runner-up Newark Catholic in the regional semi-finals.
I was going to but didnt want to sound biased. I think Newark Catholic will be right back in the mix next year also

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

Trimble will be in the mix for sure. Their only two losses were to the Ohio state runner up and the WV state champs!! With only one skill player leaving the stable is full in that area. This real question will be replacing the ones on the "O" and "D" line.

Return to “Football”