Re: Ohio vs.WV

Post by Raiderball »

^^^LOL
Good comeback titletown

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Titletown TVC wrote:Sorry about your luck tomcat pride. I can see why your feathers are ruffled though. Trimble used to run all over that sorry arse division until the white falcons showed up and took their candy. Now everyone cant wait to show us the door.
Took their candy like a big bully would.

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

tomcatpride82 wrote:Wahama needs to stay in there own state. Why in the world would we ever let another state into our league is beyond me. Ohio and WV rules are different. Also I can guarantee if they would have to play there playoff games in Ohio Newark Catholic would beat them straight up. As for who has the best teams in Ohio and WV hands down Ohio all the way.
What rules are different?

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Titletown TVC wrote:
55Buckeyes98 wrote:How has Wahama faired against NY in the scrimmages? Maybe Wahama should move to the Ohio Division
I have an idea. You post a pic of the trophy you guys got for winning that scrimmage. Here is ours:
I don't live back home anymore. I thought maybe they could compete in the Ohio. No putdowns there but I could come back if I wanted

gipper
Riding the Bench

Post by gipper »

i would like to see Symmes Valley play Wahama in regular season

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

C-Bolt wrote:Ohio state champion will beat their top teams 99.9 % but WV is beating more than just TVC if you look at the numbers every year,and if you want to compare the TVC Wahama beat Trimble easier than state runnerup Newark Catholic did,people get this idea Ohio wins every time they play a WV school, but the numbers don't back it up
but, would wahama be in div 6 in ohio, or 5 the numbers would put wahama in div 5 not 6, how would the white falcons compete against div 5 champ from the buckeye state? not well!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I already said Ohio State champs would probably beat WV about every time and where did you find the male enrollment numbers? I saw where Eitel has them D-V, but I looked it up and the only thing I could find was they have 437 students grades 7-12,if you calculate that for 3 grades and half of that male you only get a little over 100 males,so they got to be real close to D-VI,but what I really meant by numbers is the head to head matchups between the 2 states every year,WV is always competitive,last year OH won 34-32 and the year before WV killed Ohio in head to head matchups.

Bart Kowski
Waterboy

Post by Bart Kowski »

Bevo wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Ohio state champion will beat their top teams 99.9 % but WV is beating more than just TVC if you look at the numbers every year,and if you want to compare the TVC Wahama beat Trimble easier than state runnerup Newark Catholic did,people get this idea Ohio wins every time they play a WV school, but the numbers don't back it up
but, would wahama be in div 6 in ohio, or 5 the numbers would put wahama in div 5 not 6, how would the white falcons compete against div 5 champ from the buckeye state? not well!
Sorry to spoil your argument Bevo but we would be division 6.

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

in the 90's ironton beat Dupont 29 to 6, and Dupont (with Randy Moss, forgot the qb's name, but he played in the nba, and moss's brother who was a lineman that was signed by ohio state) went on to win the wv big school title, ironton lost in the d3 title game.
the year before, ironton won 35 to 0, but i don't know what dupont did the rest of that year. Also Ironton beat belfry, ky, (on wv border) around 12 out of 13 times, including 28 to zip when they were Kentucky AA champs.

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

In 2002, Wayne, WV beat Chesapeake, 41-0...Chesapeake made the D-V Regional final that year, losing 20-0 to Amanda-Clearcreek in Portsmouth. That Wayne team went 10-3 and lost in the semifinals to Bluefield, 10-0.

And the much-discussed Wayne-Ironton 2005 scrimmage that led to Ironton not honoring its agreement to come to Wayne for a 2006 scrimmage and the end of the relationship between the schools was an eye-opener in the area.

Cabell Midland and Wheelersburg split a home and home in the early 2000's. Midland was solid but not the caliber they are now. Midland and Lawrence Co., KY split a home-and-home about the same time, too.

Statewide? No comparison, Ohio is superior. But the truth is, the bulk of West Virginia is a lot like Southeastern Ohio...demographically, etc. The teams aren't that much different, either.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

chillman wrote:in the 90's ironton beat Dupont 29 to 6, and Dupont (with Randy Moss, forgot the qb's name, but he played in the nba, and moss's brother who was a lineman that was signed by ohio state) went on to win the wv big school title, ironton lost in the d3 title game.
the year before, ironton won 35 to 0, but i don't know what dupont did the rest of that year. Also Ironton beat belfry, ky, (on wv border) around 12 out of 13 times, including 28 to zip when they were Kentucky AA champs.
Jason Williams ended up at Florida???? on basketball scholarship before moving on the the NBA (Memphis I believe). Not sure about Moss's brother but Dupont had another player on that team, Howard was his last name. Played LB at Notre Dame and I think he made it to the NFL with the Bears.

Pretty sure they won the AAA basketball state championship that same year. I know they played Beckley in the title game. Did Tamar Slay (Marshall basketball) play for Beckley in that game? I'm not sure if he was their the same time or not.

Return to “Football”