All Conference

Jason Sparks--New PHS Coach

Post by CharlieHustle »

thoughts? i do not know much about him.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Re: Jason Sparks--New PHS Coach

Post by CharlieHustle »

Just read his resume.....very impressive, excited for the future of Trojan football!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations jason. looking forward to many more years of ironton/portsmouth football

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

welcome to Portsmouth Coach Sparks, good luck!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Is he going to teach there also?

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Although I was unable to attend, it was said that the "Meet n' Greet" with Coach Sparks went very well. He emphasized team discipline and academics, and had some great ideas. I just hope the administration lets him run the program the way he wants! And I do believe he is going to teach.

Also as far as coaching staff goes for next season, Ted Newsome has resigned from the coaching staff and will be helping coach the West Senators next season. Also, Jon Born (one of Clifford's boys) has resigned as well.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

scarlet_gray wrote:Although I was unable to attend, it was said that the "Meet n' Greet" with Coach Sparks went very well. He emphasized team discipline and academics, and had some great ideas. I just hope the administration lets him run the program the way he wants! And I do believe he is going to teach.

Also as far as coaching staff goes for next season, Ted Newsome has resigned from the coaching staff and will be helping coach the West Senators next season. Also, Jon Born (one of Clifford's boys) has resigned as well.
I was once told by a former assistant football coach at PHS that the difference between Shaffer's tenure as head coach (1979-1985) and Clifford's (1989-2012) is that Clifford had team discipline.

What team discipline approach will set Sparks apart from Clifford?

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
scarlet_gray wrote:Although I was unable to attend, it was said that the "Meet n' Greet" with Coach Sparks went very well. He emphasized team discipline and academics, and had some great ideas. I just hope the administration lets him run the program the way he wants! And I do believe he is going to teach.

I was once told by a former assistant football coach at PHS that the difference between Shaffer's tenure as head coach (1979-1985) and Clifford's (1989-2012) is that Clifford had team discipline.

Team discipline.....Really!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The kind of discipline where the shenanigans in the locker room warranted a criminal investigation...Yeah, real good discipline there...It showed on the field too.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

F-4 Phantom wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:

Team discipline.....Really!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The kind of discipline where the shenanigans in the locker room warranted a criminal investigation...Yeah, real good discipline there...It showed on the field too.
My thoughts exactly.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Has he started hiring his staff? If so who are they?

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

Where did this guy come from?

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

where does or did he come from? And if he doesn't work out they really dropped the ball on some other coaches who would bring this program back to relevancy.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I am not sure but I thought North Carolina. Does anyone else know for sure?

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Born and bred in Kentucky....played college ball at Morehead for a few years, then joined the staff at Eastern Kentuck U. Since then he's been shipped around the Eastern US as an asst coach at different colleges. He comes currently from North Carolina, where he's been an DC for a couple years.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Need a 2013 Portsmouth Trojan grid schedule. Thanks.

Return to “Football”