2013 Oak Hill Oaks

Post by gridironfan »

Any thoughts? With some hard work and dedication, I could
see another productive year.

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: 2013 Oak Hill Oaks

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I'd say anywhere between 5-5 to 8-2 with another SOC1 championship and another possible chance to make the playoffs again.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

With Northwest moving down to the SOC 1, I would love to see them move Oak Hill to the SOC II. I think it would help Oak Hill and it would help the SOC II in football.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I say Oak Hill will do the Duggie again in 2013, by going back to back.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

SOC should make Oak Hill move to SOCII. They are as big as any of the schools in the SOCII. Winning back to back SOCI championship does not say much for a school of that size.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

As an Oaks fan, I too would like to see the Oaks move into the SOCII. That is as long as we can field competitive teams and not get our brains beat in every Friday night.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

A lot of this years starters were seniors but there will still be some starters returning. The JV team had wins over Chesapeake, Alexander, Rock Hill, Wellston, Minford, Westfall and Symmes Valley. The only loss was to Ironton. With what we have returning and a quality coaching staff we could have another good year.

Currently there are only four league games which still gives us an opportunity to play some larger schools. That will change when Northwest moves to the SOC I in 2014 and if Eastern starts varsity football and begins league play in 2015. I think we need to consider moving to the SOC II, but It would definitely be a challenge.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

From the little I know of this team I think they will have a good year in 2013.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Oakhill has the best of both worlds staying in the SOC I. In good years they can win a league championship and still play SOC II schools, get enough non league points plus the points they can get off Symmes Valley and finish in the top 5 of the region to stay at home for a playoff game. In down years they can still compete in their league . Why would they want to leave? I think what SAYS A LOT is they can still win the SOC I back to back and then STILL WIN PLAY OFF GAMES.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I agree with what you said Charles Farquar, but that will change with the entrance of Northwest and Eastern. Then there will only be four non-league games available.

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

How close will the Oaks be from moving down to D6 when they add Div 7. From what numbers I see the cut off will be 159 and the Oaks are at 160, which means they stay in D5. Will the OHSAA count again before setting the new div.

gipper
Riding the Bench

Post by gipper »

I believe Symmes Valley will compete right with the oaks this year. they have a lot of returning players and a very good group of soph. that will be moving into starting rolls.

thebig29
Riding the Bench

Post by thebig29 »

boys u got a monster comiming from alex. 250 bench 325 names jake, offensive tackle and nose guard, was hurt most this season

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Any updates on the program from the Hill?

chibrs
Waterboy

Post by chibrs »

do not write them off just yet,the program is going in the right direction,last year was last year,alot of good talent still walking the halls at good ol OHHS,looking to see the younger guys step up and keep the program going in the right direction!it will be hard to watch games without the 2013 seniors playing but time moves on,so the old fat bald guy will be rooting for this team and you never know,they might just surprise everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Good luck to the Oaks, their fans, and Coach Dugan.

Return to “Football”