Chillicothe's new sports complex ?

Bronc21
All Conference

Chillicothe's new sports complex ?

Post by Bronc21 »

Was told today they will start construction in may. New football field with artificial turf, new home bleachers , new track . This will be for football, track, lacrosse, and soccer. Main entrance on arch street. Paid for by private donations. Anyone heard about this? My son said it was announced at school today .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chillicothe's new sports complex ?

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds good for Chillicothe

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

When will it be ready?

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

I assume this fall if they are starting in may. Visitor bleachers are new so only need to build home side and install the turf

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

If this happens, Chillicothe would probably get a lot of playoff games. I remember that they used to host back in the 90s, so with artificial turf, I'm sure they would start getting games again. Would be a perfect location for games when places like Jackson, Logan, and NY aren't a good fit.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

I remember when they hosted the Paint Valley versus Adena playoff game in 1985. :)

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Any idea who Architect and Contractor are? They should get the ones that did Portsmouth and Jackson, those stadiums and facilities are two of the nicest around. JMO for what it is worth lol.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

The information was on wkkj and in the gazette

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Great idea for playoff games in Chilly...I wonder if they have additional room for a parking lot for fans attending.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Will be fantastic for Chillicothe. Thanks to Mr Tim Harris for the huge donation and all who are giving also. Football playoffs are a must, and track districts, regionals. We have alot of great restaurants and plenty of Hotels within 5 minutes of the stadium on North Bridge St.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Why have they not started on renovations? is this still in the works? I heard they dont have enough money and are not moving forward until so

Go CAVS

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

If they are smart they wait until after the levy. Any money spent on athletic complexes even private donations will spell doom for the levy. J Q Public will not accept the notion of no public funds were used.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

There is a meeting at 7 a.m. Wednesday to consider approval of the project and get things going.

As far as waiting, it's not going to matter. If you wait, people will say that you passed a levy and it went for building athletic fields. If you do it now, you COULD have people who claim that public money was being used, but preaching to those 1 percenters isn't going to change their minds anyway. Should progress be held up because of a vocal minority?

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Any word on the meeting this morning? I have always said how cool it would be if they tore down Smith Middle and build a nice baseball diamond there and have the area as the outdoor sports complex for the city schools. I hope they at least approve the football renovations. There is plenty of room there for a baseball stadium and tons of parking if they wanted to do that. The current baseball field is awful and could be used for additional parking for the students and basketball games.

Go CAVS

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Rebeanos, i think there is enough room for a baseball diamond, softball diamond and a soccer field with a track around it possibly. Huge area from Vine st and Metzger all the way to Arch and west to Herrnstein field. Done right it would enhance the whole area and always be a hub of positive activities for the youth of Chillicothe. You gotta think outside the box and move foward sometimes. Its time! Go for it.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Chillicothe already has an awesome softball diamond that is only 3 years old. Will not be getting another

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

The whole area could be an awesome sports complex venue. I dont know about Soccer becasue they would be playing that on the new turf football feild. However, they would need a place to practice, both boys and girls. Too many old timers in this city who cant think radically at times that would help improve so many things. I heard they dont want to tear down Smith because it is a landmark and historical building! Now thats funny! I went to middle school there and WHAT A DUMP! Tear it down and move forward. Making this is district hub for post season play could make it very profitbable for local businesses. This is a no brain'er.

Go CAVS

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Definitly would keep the softball field and McVicker as they are both great venues for our teams. Just dreaming about a multi-sport complex as that would be such a draw for many opportunities. We missed the boat when Chris Hanners wanted to build a stadium where the parking lot for diamond 1 in the park is. That would have been awesome, but lets let the small vocal minority keep an empty lot and save diamond 1 forever. Move forward people. Go Cavs!

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Could not agree more with the baseball venue in the city park. Could you imagine a 10 million dollar baseball park sitting along the side of downtown. Summer nights with popcorn and hottogs in the air with local eaterys benefiting from the overflow of patrons after and before the games? I remember one lady came to the planning council meetings and voiced her opinion about kids being hit with foul balls and home runs outside the stadium! :lol: :lol: :lol: . Gotta love some of the idiots in this town. It's morons like her for the reason the park was not built.
Honestly, I dont think this new complex will ever happen. Too many old timers who just cant get things right when it comes to having a vision for the future. I hope I am wrong but honestly I bet tearing down Smith hasnt even been brought up because thats just "crazy." Let's hope we get some good news soon!

Go CAVS! and better yet...GO CHILLICOTHE!

Return to “Football”