Ironton Football 2015

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Ironton Football 2015

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bait said he was a sophomore last year. Looks to be a junior this year. Pretty darn tough looking on defense. Gets there quick and hits like a truck.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Trenchfoot wrote:Bait said he was a sophomore last year. Looks to be a junior this year. Pretty darn tough looking on defense. Gets there quick and hits like a truck.
He's a Senior this year, he started at LB his So year and LB/FB last year as a JR.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Thanks Buckeye2, was confusing with one post saying he had 2 years left and another asking if he was a senior. He is one tough looking player, probably even be tougher this year. The Tigers look to be tough in many areas this year.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

What I see as a huge improvement for this kid this year is he has learned what a middle linebackers main job is and that is to anchor the defense. He has a lot of seniors on this squad, but he has a lot of people who are moving places. In the 7 on 7 games he obviously knew where everyone needed to be and when anyone was out of position he didn't hesitate to put them where they needed to be. He was a leader and he was loud. I could hear him clearly from way up in the stands. He is going to be fun to watch this season. Ironton has a monster team this season. At the 7 on 7 people thought we had our whole team there. I would put Dez at 6'3" if I was guessing. He looks bigger than 6'2". He is huge. Our skilled players on Defense are monsters. Barker and Wilson are both 6'2". Wilson is benching right at 300 as a freshman and pure muscle and speed. Barker is an absolute beast and will tear some kids apart this season. There will be no teams that will want to get hit by our linebackers this year. Lukas Campbell is back this year after having a season ending injury last year. He was amazing before suffering the injury. Paladino at safety is a beast and then Carey and Isaacs playing corner. Both are very athletic and will be all over the place. Probably see numerous interceptions by any of these kids. This years line is the first line that has had enough kids to possibly go one way in years. Not saying all will do that. Just saying we have depth. It will be a fun year to be in the stands at Ironton. 6 home games at that!!

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

Won't be long untill those Tigers take the field, Last year heard alot about this Wilson kid, they are saying he is the real deal, guess we will see, I beleive we should have a great year. First 4 games will be brutal, the burg is always tough, russell to, not sure about beechwood and ashland is always tough. from what i'm hearing should be a great year. So good luck TIGERS! :12222

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I hope they have an excellent year. The tools are there and looking good. Wishing you the best of luck Tigers, from Chieftain country.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

timbo52 wrote:Won't be long untill those Tigers take the field, Last year heard alot about this Wilson kid, they are saying he is the real deal, guess we will see, I beleive we should have a great year. First 4 games will be brutal, the burg is always tough, russell to, not sure about beechwood and ashland is always tough. from what i'm hearing should be a great year. So good luck TIGERS! :12222
Beechwood

State Championships - 2008, 2007, 2004, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1984

Their schedule has them playing a lot bigger schools

2014 - 11-3 - State Semi Finals
2013 -- 8-5 - Regional Finals
2012 -- 9-5 - State Semi Finals
2011 - 12-2 - State Semi Finals
2010 - 10-4 - State Semi Finals
2009 -- 9-5 - State Semi Finals
2008 - 14-1 - 1A State Champions
2007 - 13-2 - 1A State Champions
2004 - 14-1 - A State Champions
2003 - 13-2 - State Runner up
2002 - 12-3 - State Runner up
2001 -- 9-4 - Regional Finals
1999 - 13-2 - A State Champions
1998 - 12-1 - State Semi Finals
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I thought he was a senior when I wrote that. I went by what the article said. I was like whoo hoo, I'm wrong he has 2 years left. I must not have looked at the date of the article. anyhoo he's a fightin tiger for another year. I thought coach vass had redshirted him lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

trench I love reading your comments from chieftain land. I hope your purple Indians have a great year as well.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Is the Beechwood game at Home or over there at their place?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:awesome video. I remember last year as a sophomore him really coming into his own. he is very aggressive, and I can't wait to see his next 2 years as a fighting tiger. he is nothing but ornery when the ball is snapped and has little regard for blockers. in short, he's a heat seeking missile, bent on blasting you at the point of impact. his dad was a great athlete as well, and is sure to be a big factor in his motivation as well. he could play on Saturdays anywhere.

I think he is a Senior this year.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

seops123 wrote:Is the Beechwood game at Home or over there at their place?
Home.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

I do know that there stocking up on some good coal grove kids right now!!! Yes its still happening

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

Can anyone name 5 kids that will start on Irontons football team that has actually went to school there since kindergarten..... Lol !! I doubt it but go!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

lostcause wrote:I do know that there stocking up on some good coal grove kids right now!!! Yes its still happening
What kids have come from Coal Grove this year to play Football for the Fighting Tigers??

GO...........LOL........

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

2 that I know of for sure. 1 is up for qb Job or receiver and the other who knows where. Not gonna put any names on here but there now.... Then there's 2 freshman that will tremendously help the bball team .

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

lostcause wrote:2 that I know of for sure. 1 is up for qb Job or receiver and the other who knows where. Not gonna put any names on here but there now.... Then there's 2 freshman that will tremendously help the bball team .
Thanks for the info. My question would be, why did they leave Coal Grove??

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

There are only two starters who attended Coal Grove at any time. One started school at Ironton and went to Ironton most of his schooling and the other never played football at Coal Grove. As for the Frosh, there is one good ball player who transferred early in the summer with a rumor of more to come possibly to play basketball. Ironton has a very strong class in their freshman football and basketball program. 247 Sports is coming to town to watch a game towards the end of the year to see Wilson play. 247 Sports is hired by colleges and pros to recruit talent. Ironton isn't hurting for talent. With Paladino and Young being ranked as two of the top players in the state. Having a 6'8" 300 pound Junior lineman in Webb and other talented linemen benching 350+ they will make the already amazing group of Ironton Kids that much better. As for the kids who are starting at Ironton, Lukas was a monster last season before having a season ending injury, the other looked amazing in the 7 on 7 at Raceland. For a kid who wouldn't have played football, he is going to make a difference with this team for sure. I would have to assume Lukas is back to 100% as he too looked very good at the 7 on 7.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Since his name was already mentioned, doesn't Carey have to sit out half season because of transferring?

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Don't know all of the CG players, but Carey and Campbell both started out at CG. I don't know who you are referring to that "went to Ironton most of his schooling"??

Return to “Football”