Luehrman twins

questionmark
All Conference

Re: Luehrman twins

Post by questionmark »

Ohio showed no interest in Coble simply because he was a local boy...money aside, he was givin the opportunity to play baseball and basketball at Marietta College. He chose to focus on Baseball. The End.

Now back to the Topic...

Ryan and Adam are not just Solid Athletes, they are two of the most polite and well-rounded boys on Earth.
They will be great additions to Ohio U.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

questionmark wrote:Ohio showed no interest in Coble simply because he was a local boy...money aside, he was givin the opportunity to play baseball and basketball at Marietta College. He chose to focus on Baseball. The End.

Now back to the Topic...

Ryan and Adam are not just Solid Athletes, they are two of the most polite and well-rounded boys on Earth.
They will be great additions to Ohio U.
Saying Ohio showed no interest in Coble is saying Joe Carbone showed no interest.
And to say Carbone showed no interest simply because he was a local boy is BS and you know better to say that.
And if that was the case why would Cory Corrigan have been on Carbone team if he doesn’t like local boys.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Carbon did not show interest would be a true statement.

Corrigan may have been the last to play and Chris Pitts may have been the last local brought in by Joe, but I will say the new Baseball Coach has done a great job of contacting local coaches about local boys...Kyle Dean and Tanner Wood are currently on OU.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

questionmark wrote:Carbon did not show interest would be a true statement.

Corrigan may have been the last to play and Chris Pitts may have been the last local brought in by Joe, but I will say the new Baseball Coach has done a great job of contacting local coaches about local boys...Kyle Dean and Tanner Wood are currently on OU.
Ok to say a coach didn’t show interest is fine. There’s a lot of reasons they might not show interest
But to say it’s because the kid is local is not one of them.
By the way Tanner Wood transferred to Marietta

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

It is my understanding that Tanner Wood is currently at Marietta, but questionmark coached him so I assume he'd know.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Carbone shoed no interest in Scott Stricklin, which was a bonehead move! He was only freshman of the year in the MAC at Kent - and then the rest is history.
Carbone showed no interest in Jared Humphreys either.
Carbone showed no interest in keeping the state legion tournament here either ...

I'll just stop there before a say something I regret ... lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'm from Athens and OU looks down at SEO. OU needs to recruit the mid major kids first because right now they don't deserve a Joe Burrow, Trae Williams, and Ibi Watson. The last good OU football was in 1968 and was headlined by Athens Todd Snyder who picked OU over Woody Hayes OSU. Led OU to the highest scoring offense in the country and unbeaten regular season

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chase Fieler and Liz Howerth were both from Athens county. Liz Averaged 20+ points and 10+ rebounds per game and led Indiana wesleyan university to 38-0. Chase Fieler led Florida Golf Coast to the sweet 16 and earned the name dunk city

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Chase Fieler and Liz Howerth were both from Athens county. Liz Averaged 20+ points and 10+ rebounds per game and led Indiana wesleyan university to 38-0. Chase Fieler led Florida Golf Coast to the sweet 16 and earned the name dunk city
Didn't Fieler end up at Parkersburg South?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

For his junior and senior season

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

RAIDER6309 wrote:For his junior and senior season
Any idea why he changed schools? Honest question; I didn't know he had previously been at Athens (was it Athens or another school in the county)?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

He was at fed hock and it was a family thing. So was Ethan Williams 6'4 and Jack Hart 6'8 both transferred to Alexander

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chase's dad played football at OU and his Mom played volleyball at OU. Grew 6" his junior year and averaged 26pts, 13 boards, and 3 assists per game at south. OU declined an offer. pretty sad on OU's part

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Chase's dad played football at OU and his Mom played volleyball at OU. Grew 6" his junior year and averaged 26pts, 13 boards, and 3 assists per game at south. OU declined an offer. pretty sad on OU's part
So says you, I suppose. OU has done a good job getting some pretty big time Ohio prospects in their program, i.e. Stevie Taylor, Nick Kellogg and soon to be Jordan Dartis.

Many of SEO's top talent = not big time and a lot of it I suppose revolves around the fact a very quality player has to go to a huge public or huge private school to get a look to play anywhere above D2. No discredit to area players that are on or will be on D2 rosters, because that is still a very high level of competition, but D1 is a completely different beast regardless if it's OSU, OU, or Appalachian State.

The level of competition in basketball recruiting and offers to play past the 12th grade are at an all-time high. Many of Fairfield County (non-Pickerington)'s best players are ending up at NAIA, D3, and whatever level of play the Ohio Branch Campuses play in. The only D1 player recently has been Isaac McGlone at E. Kentucky from Bloom-Carroll.

My point is these college coaches likely have a better grasp for who they want and who they can get and that's why they're doing their job and why you're doing yours.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The topic is the Luehrman twins. Great athletes, even better people. Ohio U is lucky to have them as they are lucky to have Ohio U.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

questionmark wrote:Carbon did not show interest would be a true statement.

Dean was brought in by Carbone, and Wood is no longer at OHIO. Hate it when people fail at the basics

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Here lets rephrase it...
Dean and Wood were on OU last season...

Lets just say people in Athens were not sad to see Carbone go...

Hate it when people are late to the party...wasn't this conversation dead and refocused on the Twins...

Ryan and Adam will be great Bobcats!

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

questionmark wrote:Here lets rephrase it...
Dean and Wood were on OU last season...

Lets just say people in Athens were not sad to see Carbone go...

Hate it when people are late to the party...wasn't this conversation dead and refocused on the Twins...

Ryan and Adam will be great Bobcats!
Your right a few people in Athens were not sad to see Carbone go
But a lot are not happy with what they have now.

And your right Adam and Ryan will be great

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

93Bulldog wrote:Carbone shoed no interest in Scott Stricklin, which was a bonehead move! He was only freshman of the year in the MAC at Kent - and then the rest is history.
Carbone showed no interest in Jared Humphreys either.
Carbone showed no interest in keeping the state legion tournament here either ...

I'll just stop there before a say something I regret ... lol

Carbone had NOTHING to do with the State Legion Tournament not being in Athens, but rather the office of Continuing Education and their outlandish room and board fees and every other nickel and dime charge and fee they threw at the Legion organization, coupled with the fact that Legion baseball has been dying a pretty quick death over the past 15 years.

Carbone did recurit a local kid that I remember and the kid made it through 1 day of practice before he quit, that really makes you want to run right out and grab the next kid.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hmmmmm ... so Carbone telling the organizers of the tournament they weren't allowed playing on the field at OU because of a few rain drops had no baring on their decision to leave, huh?

I beg the differ Barlow, I was sitting right there when they said "we're probably never coming back to Athens and we're done dealing with this jackass."

- That was after we raked Rannow all morning after a rain so they could play the TITLE game on the Plains one year. The legion tournament was held in Athens one more season and has never returned.

Return to “Football”