2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

nutronron2012
All State

Re: 2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

Post by nutronron2012 »

We have a 2 week sample size now. Bet a lot of opinions have changed. I know mine has.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Minford
4/5 Waverly West

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nutronron2012 wrote:We have a 2 week sample size now. Bet a lot of opinions have changed. I know mine has.
Mine has for sure. Burg v. Valley will be the SOC championship. Minford may sneek in. But I don't think they have what it takes this year. The program is improving tho.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Still too hard to tell but as of now it's a three way race. Minford, burg, valley.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I think the games this weekend will help paint a clearer picture.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. West
Last edited by Piratefan2 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I am going to withhold any predictions until after this week.

I am still no where near sold on Minford. They have two wins over terrible football teams. I want to see how they do on the road tonight. I do think it is Burg and Valley and then the rest. But after tonight, there will be several "common opponent" games to at least give us a glimpse at things. Granted, matchups change a lot, but if West goes and loses tonight and Valley blows by Piketon, I think I will feel that neither West or Waverly will be much of a factor in the league race.

This is an interesting week in the SOC II

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Crab's brother wrote:I am going to withhold any predictions until after this week.

I am still no where near sold on Minford. They have two wins over terrible football teams. I want to see how they do on the road tonight. I do think it is Burg and Valley and then the rest. But after tonight, there will be several "common opponent" games to at least give us a glimpse at things. Granted, matchups change a lot, but if West goes and loses tonight and Valley blows by Piketon, I think I will feel that neither West or Waverly will be much of a factor in the league race.

agree 100%

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I still feel good about Valley in 1st place because the only way Coal Grove scored was by Valley's mistakes. Wheelersburg is playing well... lets see what the result will be against the Trojans. Minford is a distant 3rd for now, Followed by Waverly and West. The Senators have been the biggest surprise thus far.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Crab's brother wrote:I am going to withhold any predictions until after this week.

That's what I was thinking...It's hard to measure the intangibles in high school football. So regardless what happens this weekend on any given Friday Night anything is possible.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Valenth wrote:I still feel good about Valley in 1st place because the only way Coal Grove scored was by Valley's mistakes. Wheelersburg is playing well... lets see what the result will be against the Trojans. Minford is a distant 3rd for now, Followed by Waverly and West. The Senators have been the biggest surprise thus far.
Wheelersburg 42
Portsmouth 0

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Won't be long now. I am ready for some SOC play to begin.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

D-5 wrote:
Valenth wrote:I still feel good about Valley in 1st place because the only way Coal Grove scored was by Valley's mistakes. Wheelersburg is playing well... lets see what the result will be against the Trojans. Minford is a distant 3rd for now, Followed by Waverly and West. The Senators have been the biggest surprise thus far.
Wheelersburg 42
Portsmouth 0
So,

Burg 9
Valley 0 :lol: :lol: :lol:

But as far as the SOC2, I think it's between Burg and Valley in week 9 in Lucasville. Watch out for Minford though, they are getting better every week.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

PirateFan2 wrote:1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. West
I have to agree with this post at this time. But I am not sure where the Wheelersburg game with Valley is this year. That could make a difference.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

OSU 77 wrote:
PirateFan2 wrote:1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. West
I have to agree with this post at this time. But I am not sure where the Wheelersburg game with Valley is this year. That could make a difference.
at valley

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

chicken_coop wrote:
D-5 wrote:
Wheelersburg 42
Portsmouth 0
So,

Burg 9
Valley 0 :lol: :lol: :lol:

But as far as the SOC2, I think it's between Burg and Valley in week 9 in Lucasville. Watch out for Minford though, they are getting better every week.
Ok burg will give you 7.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I need to more accurately reassess my notion of why I have Valley ahead of Wheelersburg. Up till week 4 of this season. Valley was tested by a very good Raceland team. Burg hasnt been TRULY tested, until this Friday at Jackson. Though Burg won at Ironton, but not by as much as originally thought. Ironton as of right now needs to fix things quickly.

I still think Valley is slightly ahead of Burg due to schedule "Substance" That being Raceland as a tough opponent.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raceland beat west and east carter. Raceland may be pretty good, but Ironton at full strength would beat them. Ironton has imploded from the first game. Any judgment based on Ironton is not accurate. Valley's win over Piketon would be more impressive.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

:roll:
Gonna be a lot of mud slingin come week 9. We got 4 weeks before that. I just hope both teams head into week 9 healthy and undefeated.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

wobycat wrote:Raceland beat west and east carter. Raceland may be pretty good, but Ironton at full strength would beat them. Ironton has imploded from the first game. Any judgment based on Ironton is not accurate. Valley's win over Piketon would be more impressive.
Raceland only lost to Ashland and Valley. Raceland has beaten East and West Carter along with Greenup.

Raceland at least scored TWICE on Ashland. Ironton couldnt score in one of their BIGGEST Rivalries against Ashland.
Raceland Kentucky 1A Ranked (Size equivalent of a Div 6 Ohio School) defeated Greenup (Size eqivalent of a Div 2 or 3 Ohio School) East and West Carter are same as Div 3 or 4 Ohio Schools.
Ashland is same size as a Div 3 school.

Valley beating Raceland was WAY more impressive than beating Piketon.

Return to “Football”