2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: 2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nutronron2012 wrote::roll:
Gonna be a lot of mud slingin come week 9. We got 4 weeks before that. I just hope both teams head into week 9 healthy and undefeated.
It's all about to boil over now. I can't wait 4 more weeks.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raceland poured it on 0-2 greenup county 12-6. Which means Greenup has a better defense than Valley, As Valley gave up 22 points. You do realize that east and west carter is Grayson KY? I Think there's a lake there.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

wobycat wrote:Raceland poured it on 0-2 greenup county 12-6. Which means Greenup has a better defense than Valley, As Valley gave up 22 points. You do realize that east and west carter is Grayson KY? I Think there's a lake there.
I thought as a wheelersburg fan, you would be more knowledgeable about football. Greenup was 2-1 when they played Raceland. Their only loss up to that point was to Russell 19-13. Maybe greenup does have a better defense. I doubt it, but it really don't matter. That would be like saying Northwest and South Point had better Offenses than Wheelersburg because they scored more on Valley in 2012 and 2013 than the Pirates did (7 points both years). It is ludicrous.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

nutronron2012 wrote:
wobycat wrote:Raceland poured it on 0-2 greenup county 12-6. Which means Greenup has a better defense than Valley, As Valley gave up 22 points. You do realize that east and west carter is Grayson KY? I Think there's a lake there.
I thought as a wheelersburg fan, you would be more knowledgeable about football. Greenup was 2-1 when they played Raceland. Their only loss up to that point was to Russell 19-13. Maybe greenup does have a better defense. I doubt it, but it really don't matter. That would be like saying Northwest and South Point had better Offenses than Wheelersburg because they scored more on Valley in 2012 and 2013 than the Pirates did (7 points both years). It is ludicrous.
Thank you for clarifying Greenup's record Nutronron. Greenup has vastly improved from last year.

My SOC 2 List is
1. Valley
2. Burg
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. West

Sadly it doesnt get easier for West. Since they face the Raceland team Valley just beat.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

My Bad. Greenup did look good against Vanceburg and Flemingsburg. I forgot how good those two teams are. I change my views now. Raceland is tough!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

nutronron2012 wrote:
How many did the first team from northwest and south point score on Valleys 1st Defense in those games? Im assuming some of those scores came against Valleys 2nd and 3rd D

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

wobycat wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:
How many did the first team from northwest and south point score on Valleys 1st Defense in those games?
I don't recall. But that is not the point. I think Northwest, probably 0 but Ithink SP scored twice. That still didn'tmake them better than Burg though.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

seriously folks in what universe is Kentucky football relevant?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

SPAMONY wrote:seriously folks in what universe is Kentucky football relevant?

Outside of Ashland, its not.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

This weekend gives us a much clearer view of the conference. So far I have:

1.) Burg- with a win vs Jackson, they are the clear front runners in my eyes. Even a close loss puts them there. Jackson is very solid this year and will be a great measuring stick. Many people originally thought the Ironton win was huge. Now Ironton is really struggling and Burgs wins have been against opponents that have a 2-14 record! This week could be a big statement game for Burg.

2.) Valley- Not much will be proven with a win over East, but it will be interesting to see how West plays Raceland. If that isnt a very close game, I still see Valley as an obvious contender but we still wont know how good they really are this year. Not that they arent a VERY good team, but their wins are against opponents with a 8-9 overall record.

3.) Minford- with a win over Ready, Minford should be in the SOC race. At 2-2 Ready is still a private Columbus school and can score points in bunches. It will be a good win if Minford can continue to pound the ball at them.

4.) Waverly-at 3-1 they seem to be much improved from last year, but they havent beaten a team with a winning record yet. At 3-1 they deserve the spot.

5.) West- wow....after all of the talk this summer about how good they would be with so many seniors they have been shocking. I felt like last week was a make or break game against Wellston. It will be interesting to see if they lay down or get back up from that big loss. Injuries seem to be an obvious issue

Very interesting season. It could very well come down to week 9, week 10 or both.

I see 3 teams with strong playoff possibilities. Burg and Valley are definitely in the drivers seats but the ball rolls funny sometimes!
Last edited by Badboy on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Excellent observation Badboy. The Burg/Jackson game will tell us how good Wheelersburg is.
AND between West/Raceland how good Valley is to this point. Even with injuries.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Valenth wrote:Excellent observation Badboy. The Burg/Jackson game will tell us how good Wheelersburg is.
How will it tell you how good Valley is? If West goes and beats them too then what does that say about West? Your logic makes no sense here.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

After week 9 we will know how good everyone is :mrgreen:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Save it for then Jimmy. Even the weatherman has to guess until he sees the rain. Then it's very easy to say it's gonna rain folks.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I've seen numerous posts since summer implying West had a bunch of seniors. I used the Portsmouth Daily Times as a reference. The West roster had a couple wrong, but it should be close. Seniors are great but when gaging who's gonna be good, returning starters is probably a much better indicator. Curious to know how many starters each team had back.

West...15 Seniors...9 Juniors
Wheelersburg...16 Seniors...12 Juniors
Minford...12 Seniors...13 Juniors
Valley...20 Seniors...14 Juniors
Waverly...6 Seniors...23 Juniors
Northwest...14 Seniors...6 Juniors
Symmes Valley...11 Seniors...7 Juniors
Oak Hill...12 Seniors...12 Juniors
Piketon...17 Seniors...11 Juniors

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Valenth wrote:Excellent observation Badboy. The Burg/Jackson game will tell us how good Wheelersburg is.
How will it tell you how good Valley is? If West goes and beats them too then what does that say about West? Your logic makes no sense here.
I think you missed the point... If Raceland throttles West... It makes Valley look "Really Good"
If West plays Raceland tough and loses by say... 7 points... Maybe Valley is still "Good, but not AS Good"

Its like Doughnut logic Jolly Pirate.... You order a delicious Chocolate frosted Boston Creme doughnut. You know its gonna be good. You bite into it and theres not much vanilla creme in the middle... The doughnut is still Good, but not as good as it should be.

I know that was insane philosophy. Thought Id bring a laugh into it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Valenth wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
I think you missed the point... If Raceland throttles West... It makes Valley look "Really Good"
If West plays Raceland tough and loses by say... 7 points... Maybe Valley is still "Good, but not AS Good"

Its like Doughnut logic Jolly Pirate.... You order a delicious Chocolate frosted Boston Creme doughnut. You know its gonna be good. You bite into it and theres not much vanilla creme in the middle... The doughnut is still Good, but not as good as it should be.

I know that was insane philosophy. Thought Id bring a laugh into it.
If there's one thing I know, it's doughnuts. I hear ya loud and clear now. :lol:

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 doughnuts...where?

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Westfan wrote:I've seen numerous posts since summer implying West had a bunch of seniors. I used the Portsmouth Daily Times as a reference. The West roster had a couple wrong, but it should be close. Seniors are great but when gaging who's gonna be good, returning starters is probably a much better indicator. Curious to know how many starters each team had back.

West...15 Seniors...9 Juniors
Wheelersburg...16 Seniors...12 Juniors
Minford...12 Seniors...13 Juniors
Valley...20 Seniors...14 Juniors
Waverly...6 Seniors...23 Juniors
Northwest...14 Seniors...6 Juniors
Symmes Valley...11 Seniors...7 Juniors
Oak Hill...12 Seniors...12 Juniors
Piketon...17 Seniors...11 Juniors

I believe Valley returned 9 starters on each side of the ball, so 18 in total, plus the punter/kicker

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Jolly Pirate.. Im glad we can be on the same level! :lol: You can never go wrong with doughnuts!

Return to “Football”