2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

nutronron2012
All State

Re: 2015 SOC 2 - Predictions, discussion, thoughts?

Post by nutronron2012 »

Westfan wrote:I've seen numerous posts since summer implying West had a bunch of seniors. I used the Portsmouth Daily Times as a reference. The West roster had a couple wrong, but it should be close. Seniors are great but when gaging who's gonna be good, returning starters is probably a much better indicator. Curious to know how many starters each team had back.

West...15 Seniors...9 Juniors
Wheelersburg...16 Seniors...12 Juniors
Minford...12 Seniors...13 Juniors
Valley...20 Seniors...14 Juniors
Waverly...6 Seniors...23 Juniors
Northwest...14 Seniors...6 Juniors
Symmes Valley...11 Seniors...7 Juniors
Oak Hill...12 Seniors...12 Juniors
Piketon...17 Seniors...11 Juniors
Well, Valley returns 9 on Offense and 9 on Defense

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Valenth wrote:Jolly Pirate.. Im glad we can be on the same level! :lol: You can never go wrong with doughnuts!
You really can't. I tried the worst one and it was still delicious :lol:

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Valenth wrote:Jolly Pirate.. Im glad we can be on the same level! :lol: You can never go wrong with doughnuts!
I looked at a Bacon Maple Doughnut and thought.. "No way" But I tried it.. Thats some good stuff!

And ANY TRUE Buckeye fan can wholly appreciate Buckeye Doughnuts on North High Street. Love that place.

Sorry for getting off track fellow SEOPers.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valenth wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
I looked at a Bacon Maple Doughnut and thought.. "No way" But I tried it.. Thats some good stuff!

And ANY TRUE Buckeye fan can wholly appreciate Buckeye Doughnuts on North High Street. Love that place.

That place is amazing I always stop on my way home from osu games and buy a dozen

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Valenth wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:

No place is better than my establishment. You take it back or you're going on my foes list. :lol:

Any ways, back to football here. Burg beats Valley for the SOC championship in week 9.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Jolly Pirate Doughnuts is hands down the best in the local area. They give the TRUE Bakers Dozen! :D

I still got Valley over Burg by a TD though.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Im going to go with Jolly Pirate...just because he knows his stuff when it comes down to it!

FOOTBALL
DOUGHNUTS
ETC........

LOL

Burg wins in week 9 :aaaaa24

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

PirateFan2 wrote:Im going to go with Jolly Pirate...just because he knows his stuff when it comes down to it!

FOOTBALL
DOUGHNUTS
ETC........

LOL

Burg wins in week 9 :aaaaa24
Birds of a feather.... Flock together! :lol: :lol:

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

:roll:

:aaaaa32

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

:aaaaa86 The Kool Aid sure is good on this side.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So after tonight everything got cleared up for Valley. Burg is THE REAL DEAL, Raceland is weak and Valley finishes third in the SOC. The rose colored glasses work for just a short time fellas.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

With a dismantling of Jackson...Burg is the favorite to win the league no doubt. Very strong performance. Valley will be ready for a TOUGH game against the Pirates, and hopefully with the key players back and be at 100%. Raceland may be weak, but theyre up 3 TD's on West, and west has a KO return for a TD. All that aside...after 5 weeks:

1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. West
5. Waverly

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg went power and owned the line of scrimmage tonight. Valley will be just as tough as Jackson. I will say this burgs defense may very well be better than last year, and in my opinion, that's saying something.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

After tonight, I think Wheelersburg proved themselves more than enough to convince me. Raceland did beat West, but Raceland was flat in the 1st half, then woke up in the 2nd half. I still feel Valley is right in that chase though. But after Minford losing in a heartbreaker tonight. I see the SOC 2 as just a two horse race now. So I have now made my adjustment, and it looks the same as a few fellow posters.

1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. West

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Burg owns the peak until they are beat...I'd say week 9 decides the conference title but I still think Minford could make it interesting week 10. We all know records mean squat for the battle of Lucasville Minford Rd.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I can't say for certain but I think this years Burg team is as good as they have had. The offense is not flashy but solid at all positions, defense is fast and hits hard . The special teams are special. I don't really see a weakness, there may be one show up later. The coaching staff is top of the hill and have made adjustments that have them on top. Larry Hall is as good of defense coach as we have seen around here , and the Burg made excellent adjustments to keep Jackson off balance all evening. This may be a year to remember.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I wouldn't throw the special" line yet. Let's see after Valley. Valley brings a better passing game and minford has some weapons. I was extremely impressed by burgs o line pushing Jackson's d around.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

callie11 wrote:I can't say for certain but I think this years Burg team is as good as they have had. The offense is not flashy but solid at all positions, defense is fast and hits hard . The special teams are special. I don't really see a weakness, there may be one show up later. The coaching staff is top of the hill and have made adjustments that have them on top. Larry Hall is as good of defense coach as we have seen around here , and the Burg made excellent adjustments to keep Jackson off balance all evening. This may be a year to remember.
That's a fair assessment Callie. I believe this defense is the best I have seen @ Burg in a long time. As long as Burg keeps playing to their strengths they will do very well for themselves. The one thing I love is how the coaches have evolved the past 3 years. They take notes in every game and fix the small issues fast. They will line it up and run right at you and dare you to stop them. They aren't scared to go power for power. That had lacked two years ago in the regional championship and now is a key part in the offense. They are building a very special program right now. There are going to be great things happening in southern Ohio every fall for years to come.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:So after tonight everything got cleared up for Valley. Burg is THE REAL DEAL, Raceland is weak and Valley finishes third in the SOC. The rose colored glasses work for just a short time fellas.
Easy on the sugar coated donuts Jolly P. Too much of the stuff can cloud your vision. j/k :mrgreen:

browncounty
Waterboy

Post by browncounty »

Right now I think it is Burgs to lose. I have no doubt Valley is good, but I don't think the will be able to beat the Burg this year. Burgs defense is better than last years, and they were animals.

Return to “Football”