Sciotoville East New Head Coach?

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Sciotoville East New Head Coach?

Post by Tartanblue »

You never know Jeff what sideline i could be on next season, as i have to do coaching practicums. One thing i can tell you though since you like to bring trash on here and talk about people if i am on a sideline next season I wont be trying to talk players into transfering schools like former coaches while they were on staff at that time...i wonder how the head coach would have felt knowing that was going on with his players. Fact is this it doesnt matter who East hires you will not be happy cause you didnt get your way at some point just as sure if your great Pirates upset you, you will turn your back on them and talk trash.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I will guarantee you east will be 8-2 or better...as long as TG ain't coaching & trying to run one of the best backs in the area vs a 9, 10, or 11 man box every play and praying that he does something spectacular to save the day...there's talent there(I don't know if you've been around ) the new coach will hust need to trust more than 2 players.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I think that Gifford guy did an excellent job coaching the boys last year and maybe they should put him in as the new head coach? JMO

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

buckeyes911 you was right my aplologies good luck to east

pvad1
Freshman Team

Post by pvad1 »

Trying to reach Coach Gifford...would appreciate if anyone can get him word to call or text me...
Pete Hollon
PV
740-466-6550

Mch thx

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

I have no ties to East and I do not personally know any of the individuals who have been talked about on this thread, but I will say that this is a rather disgusting thread. To speak of these men in such a demeaning tone from behind a computer screen is immature at best, cowardly at worst. Also, to insinuate that it takes someone from the outside for East to win is ridiculous in my opinion. Often times alumni have more at stake in the program and are more passionate about winning and being successful for the school instead of personal gain... i.e. using the job as a spring board to another position. Furthermore, you are predicting that someone from the outside would be qualified and interested in the position. A position that is at a school with a small enrollment, along with several other issues that accompany the extreme poverty in the community. Along with these hurdles, you also have to deal with parents/fans that rip you on a personal level online, while believing their unrealistic expectations can be met by treating East as if it were a NFL team and that firing coaches/administrators which in turn will effect their family's well-being. Best of luck to those in this position because community support probably goes as far as little Jimmy's playing time and offensive touches.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

What is the current coach's name?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

buckeyes911 wrote:I will guarantee you east will be 8-2 or better...as long as TG ain't coaching & trying to run one of the best backs in the area vs a 9, 10, or 11 man box every play and praying that he does something spectacular to save the day...there's talent there(I don't know if you've been around ) the new coach will hust need to trust more than 2 players.
What does East schedule look like? I know they added Valley for the upcoming season, what other non conference games are they playing?

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Checked their OHSAA page, only had 6 games total, but the 1st 3 games were South Gallia, Fisher Catholic, and @ Conotton Valley. I'm assuming the game against Valley in week 5 will be @ Valley. Then there's the 6 conference games (Eastern, Green, Northwest, Notre Dame, Oak Hill, and Symmes Valley) but I'm not sure where or when those 6 conference games are gonna be played.
Last edited by cghs82 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I think the Valley game is week 5

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

PirateFan2 wrote:I think the Valley game is week 5
Yeah, that is correct. My mistake.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Here is the schedule i have:

8/28 (H) South Gallia
9/4 (H) Fisher Catholic
9/11 (A) Cotton Valley
9/18 (A) Green
9/25 (A) Lucasville Valley
10/2 (A) Northwest
10/9 (H) Eastern
10/16 (A) Oakhill
10/23 (A) Symmes Valley
10/30 (H) Notre Dame

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

If that schedule is correct I love the Fisher Cath. and Valley pick ups

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

PirateFan2 wrote:Here is the schedule i have:

8/28 (H) South Gallia
9/4 (H) Fisher Catholic
9/11 (A) Cotton Valley
9/18 (A) Green
9/25 (A) Lucasville Valley
10/2 (A) Northwest
10/9 (H) Eastern
10/16 (A) Oakhill
10/23 (A) Symmes Valley
10/30 (H) Notre Dame
I feel like one of the away conference games should be a home game. Should be 3 homes games and 3 away games, right?

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Last years regular season records of teams East will play this year

South Gallia 5-5
Fisher Catholic 3-7
Cotton Valley 0-10
Green 1-8
Valley 8-2 may be more than they want
Northwest 5-5 co league champs
Eastern club team last year
Oak Hill 7-3 co league champs did not make play offs
Symmes Valley 6-4
Notre Dame 2-8

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Tartanblue wrote:If that schedule is correct I love the Fisher Cath. and Valley pick ups
I too am looking forward to week two. Should be a very good game to watch.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

it will definitely be a dandee!!! lol

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Valley, Oak hill, and Symmes valley will be the toughest games this season on the schedule but with the new coach, I think they will find a way to come ahead at the end. not too sure what Valley has coming back???

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

PirateFan2 wrote:Valley, Oak hill, and Symmes valley will be the toughest games this season on the schedule but with the new coach, I think they will find a way to come ahead at the end. not too sure what Valley has coming back???
Valley lost only a few players from a regional championship team.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

chicken_coop wrote:
PirateFan2 wrote:Valley, Oak hill, and Symmes valley will be the toughest games this season on the schedule but with the new coach, I think they will find a way to come ahead at the end. not too sure what Valley has coming back???
Valley lost only a few players from a regional championship team.
ok.................lol..................lets just hope East can train hard enough to cause an upset????? not likely but you never know????

Return to “Football”