THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

IBTT
All Conference

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by IBTT »

I expected no less from coach Brian Kidd, great coach good man. OVC could easily be stronger this year than the SOC. If Coal Grove keeps working and Portsmouth comes out strong. Burg is unproven and neither is valley or minford. It's been a long time since Waverly has shown anything. Rock Hill has a new coach in the system who should help to steady up the program. They have a good coach, I just believe they need a couple of good wins to get some wind in their sails and they might actually come to life. They have had good football out there in the not too distant past. Every team in the OVC has been in the playoffs at least a couple of times in the past 15 years. Can't say that about most conferences. It should get pretty exciting real quick!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd like to see it just wide open.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

IBTT wrote:I expected no less from coach Brian Kidd, great coach good man. OVC could easily be stronger this year than the SOC. If Coal Grove keeps working and Portsmouth comes out strong. Burg is unproven and neither is valley or minford. It's been a long time since Waverly has shown anything. Rock Hill has a new coach in the system who should help to steady up the program. They have a good coach, I just believe they need a couple of good wins to get some wind in their sails and they might actually come to life. They have had good football out there in the not too distant past. Every team in the OVC has been in the playoffs at least a couple of times in the past 15 years. Can't say that about most conferences. It should get pretty exciting real quick!!
Valley has 8 or 9 starters back from a Final 4 team.
Wheelersburg is Wheelersburg. They have alot back and are always good.
Last year Waverly played right with what was supposed to be Coal Groves' best team in forever and lost by 3 at CG.
Minford was really young last year.
West was young last year.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:PREDICT THE BIGGEST UPSET IN OVC FOOTBALL THIS YEAR. I'M GOING TO SAY COAL GROVE OVER PORTSMOUTH.
CG over Ironton. :122246
Will be a very competitive game. Two of the best running backs in the area, could be a high scoring ground and pound game, where the better defense and better linemen, wins!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I expect nothing than than a physical close game.

the last 2 times ironton and the grovers met. the combined total score for ironton I think was 100. and coal grove didn't score any. me thinks the grovers ain't forgot them 2. it wasn't ironton was running the score up. they were just vastly superior at the time. that was then , this is now. and the 2 schools are very nearly the same size now. gone is bob lutz, coach vass is searching for a new identity and still figuring out his approach. and has made dramatic strides. coal grove is under a new regime. and I expect nothing less that an exciting hard fought game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so what games are on slate for ovc teams week 1.
I know ironton hosts wheelersburg
what are the other games for week 1 ovc teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I miss my ole schedules I always got at bob linn's sporting goods.
if there is anybody out there that would send ole bait a local schedule. I'd sure appreciate it. even if it's cut out from a newspaper. if so pm me, i'll send you my address. I'd certainly appreciate it. you don't get much Lawrence county coverage here in pike county.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I miss my ole schedules I always got at bob linn's sporting goods.
if there is anybody out there that would send ole bait a local schedule. I'd sure appreciate it. even if it's cut out from a newspaper. if so pm me, i'll send you my address. I'd certainly appreciate it. you don't get much Lawrence county coverage here in pike county.
I know at the Scioto County Fair each year, if you go through the booths, you usually see a few businesses giving away these little, foldable business cards that open up and shows the varsity football schedules for each football team in the entire county. If you go to the Lawrence County Fair, you may be able to find one for Ironton and the majority of the OVC schools.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:so what games are on slate for ovc teams week 1.
I know ironton hosts wheelersburg
what are the other games for week 1 ovc teams.
Coal Grove is at home against Marion Pleasants

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I miss my ole schedules I always got at bob linn's sporting goods.
I know at the Scioto County Fair each year, if you go through the booths, you usually see a few businesses giving away these little, foldable business cards that open up and shows the varsity football schedules for each football team in the entire county. If you go to the Lawrence County Fair, you may be able to find one for Ironton and the majority of the OVC schools.
But here's the question, do you want to drive all the way to Proctorville from Pike County and pay $10 to get in plus $5 to park to maybe get a county football schedule. Their county fair is July 12th-18th.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's gonna be a haul. I may miss a few because of how my wife works. i'll get to any I can.
she doesn't get off till 5 in Portsmouth. may have to be there waiting for her at a few of them.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

OVC Football 2015

CHESAPEAKE PANTHERS
8/28 OAK HILL
9/4 ALEXANDER
9/11 @ SYMMES VALLEY
9/18 ROCK HILL
9/26 @ WARREN
10/2 SOUTH POINT
10/9 @ FAIRLAND
10/16 @ PORTSMOUTH
10/23 IRONTON
10/30 @ DAWSON-BRYANT

DAWSON-BRYANT HORNETS
8/28 MARION PLEASANT
9/4 LUCASVILLE VALLEY
9/11 PORTSMOUTH WEST
9/18 @ SOUTH POINT
9/25 @ ROCK HILL
10/2 FAIRVIEW (KY)
10/9 IRONTON
10/16 FAIRLAND
10/23 @ PORTSMOUTH
10/30 CHESAPEAKE

FAIRLAND DRAGONS
8/28 JOHNSON CENTRAL (KY)
9/4 @ WHEELERSBURG
9/11 TOLSIA (WV)
9/18 PORTSMOUTH
9/25 @ SOUTH POINT
10/2 @ IRONTON
10/9 CHESAPEAKE
10/16 @ DAWSON-BRYANT
10/23 @ PORTSMOUTH WEST
10/30 ROCK HILL

IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS
8/28 WHEELERSBURG
9/4 RUSSELL (KY)
9/11 TBA
9/18 @ ASHLAND BLAZER (KY)
9/25 PORTSMOUTH
10/2 FAIRLAND
10/9 @ DAWSON-BRYANT
10/16 @ ROCK HILL
10/23 @ CHESAPEAKE
10/30 @ SOUTH POINT

PORTSMOUTH TROJANS
8/28 LUCASVILLE VALLEY
9/4 PORTSMOUTH WEST
9/11 WHEELERSBURG
9/18 @ FAIRLAND
9/25 @ IRONTON
10/2 @ ROCK HILL
10/9 SOUTH POINT
10/16 CHESAPEAKE
10/23 DAWSON-BRYANT
10/30 @ WAVERLY

ROCK HILL REDMEN
8/28 @ BIDWELL RIVER VALLEY
9/4 NORTHWEST
9/11 @ OAK HILL
9/18 @ CHESAPEAKE
9/25 DAWSON-BRYANT
10/2 PORTSMOUTH
10/10 @ ST WENDELIN
10/16 IRONTON
10/23 SOUTH POINT
10/30 @ FAIRLAND

SOUTH POINT POINTERS
8/28 MINFORD
9/4 TBA
9/11 BOYD COUNTY (KY)
9/18 DAWSON-BRYANT
9/25 FAIRLAND
10/2 @ CHESAPEAKE
10/9 @ PORTSMOUTH
10/16 SYMMES VALLEY
10/23 @ ROCK HILL

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

If South Point hasn't got a Week 2 game scheduled yet and River Valley bails on Southeastern for Gallia Academy, I wonder if South Point and Southeastern will try to schedule each other to get their 10th game. And weren't Gallia Academy and South Point scheduled to play each other in week 2 previously?

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

South Point has week two filled, the play Rock Creek Community Academy from Indiana. It is a Saturday game with a 1:00 pm kickoff according to ohsaa.com

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's say ironton does indeed have a great start this year. the last 4 games worry me point wise, with 4 away games in a row at coal grove, rock hill, Chesapeake and south point. I would have to say coal grove is likely the stronger of the 4. but you have to play the games and see what happens. and let the chips fall where they may. ironton will host wheelersburg-- Russell, ky---beechwood, ky---portsmouth---and fairland.

with away games at Ashland, and 4 to close the season with coal grove---rock hill---Chesapeake---and south point---

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

looks like fairland is scheduling up too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Portsmouth and coal grove have good schedules as well. word up here in pike county is that waverly could be much improved. and we know the burg is also tough. as well as valley.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HEY WAKE UP YA'LL. LET'S HEAR FROM SOME MORE OVC POSTERS OUT THERE. EVERYBODY WAS BEGGIN FOR THESE CHANGES, NOW THEY ARE HERE. LET'S HEAR SOME CHATTER FROM OVC LAND.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WOW, I WAS JUST GLANCING DOWN THROUGH THE PAGE. THIS TOPIC HAS NEARLY 17,000 VIEWS. CRAZY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

do any of you blue devil fans out there have a schedule for next year yet, as you enter the ovc as well. any openings or are ya'll full up.glad to be back into action with the devils in the French city again.good luck to you in your final year in the seoal. hard to believe I just said that. I was spoiled by the seoal of the 70's I guess.

Return to “Football”