Vinton Co. Coaching Search - 2015

notsurprised
Waterboy

Re: New Coach at Vinton County?

Post by notsurprised »

people also seem to be quick to forget that coach Scott Blakeley got the ball rolling 3-4 years before Jack took the job, Blakeley posted i believe 6-4, 5-5, 4-6 type of records. So there were some bricks layed on the foundation before Jack. Jack did a great job with the talent not trying to take away from that, just stating facts.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

How did he get the job in the first place ???

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Bump.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Still pining for Queen and ORoarke :lol: :lol: ...If you are of that notion,might be kind of what your problem is :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The General wrote:Still pining for Queen and ORoarke :lol: :lol: ...If you are of that notion,might be kind of what your problem is :lol:
Would you care to elaborate as to what you mean and why your giggling like a school girl ??

The General
All State

Post by The General »

None of your business why I am giggling. But since you brought it up,I think it is funny. If you dont like it,too bad.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Why wouldn't VC want the two coaches that sit atop the all time wins list at Vinton County? I've had multiple people contact me about their interest in the job. All very good potential head coaches imo. For being in a slump, there are a lot of people interested in taking this job on.

mr.hyde
Riding the Bench

Post by mr.hyde »

As far as I have heard, Justy Burleson is still the head football coach at VC.

Why don't people keep their speculations about "new coaches" to their private messages, instead of undermining next season?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

mr.hyde wrote:As far as I have heard, Justy Burleson is still the head football coach at VC.

Why don't people keep their speculations about "new coaches" to their private messages, instead of undermining next season?
This website is built off of speculation! If there were none, no one would be here. As far as undermining...I want VC football to win. It doesn't matter to me if justy is the head coach or jimmy Johnson. I want our kids to succeed on and off the field. I like Justy personally. He's a very nice guy and very organized.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

My sources are telling me we will find out if justy will stay sometime this week.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Only thing I will say about Coach he is set in his ways !!! He might have change but you can't run a O If don't have the right players??? adjust, If he has you need kids that can play THE GAME??? EVERY SCHOOL HAS THE PROBLEM at one time or another/

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

My sources are telling me that Justy will not return as head coach at VCHS.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

His choices or the board?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

mtswngrvsg wrote:His choices or the board?
It was his choice.

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

Dundas wrote:
Bringdanoise wrote:I was saying that a .500 record year in and year out would be a realistic expectation. I know they have been down for the past 10-15 years. But I guess what I am really getting at is that they have had some decent coaches over that time but they have been run out of town for not winning. At the high school level, sometimes it is more about the Jimmy and Joe's and not so much the x's and o's.
Agreed, but O'Rourke coached to win and that's exactly what he did. He also left on his own terms and VC has been looking for the "next" O'Rourke ever since.
Dundas,

Your comment above might be the single dumbest thing I have ever seen written on this forum. No coaches that i have ever heard of, even the ones with less than great records, coach to lose.

Bringdanoise, expecting .500 year in and year out is not realistic. If you want to say .500 over a long period of time, I can agree. In that time span, you would expect some 8-10 win seasons and have to learn to live with some 0-2 win seasons. Most fans simply dont see the fact that some years other schools simply have more talent.

I understand that VC has been down, me and kenny bixxxxx think we could be of service, and they havent really met the standard set by Jackie O. The truth is winning football has been the exception and not the rule at VC. Look at the records over the history of the school.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Vinton Co. Coaching Change - 2015

Post by Dundas »

Drunkone,

If you read my post, you will see that's its directed at a previous post made concerning coaches who are concerned with "Jimmie's and Joe's not x's and o's". I supposed I could've worded it different for your liking. Coach O'Rourke coached to win basically means he did things his way no matter who you were or who your parents were. That didn't matter to him. I hope this clears up my comment. I'd hate to think that the drunkone on preps is dissatisfied with my posts.

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

Dundas - Fair enough. I see what you meant. Look me and Kenny up soon and I will buy you a cold one or twelve.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

drunkone wrote:Dundas - Fair enough. I see what you meant. Look me and Kenny up soon and I will buy you a cold one or twelve.
Meet me at mama renies after the game tomorrow night :)

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

What I meant by the Jimmy and Joe's comment is not the coaches are concerned with who players or and especially not with who their parents are. I was referring to the fact that sometimes it doesn't matter how much x's and o's you know about football when you go up against a team who has better players and your team does not have the talent to compete.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Bringdanoise wrote:What I meant by the Jimmy and Joe's comment is not the coaches are concerned with who players or and especially not with who their parents are. I was referring to the fact that sometimes it doesn't matter how much x's and o's you know about football when you go up against a team who has better players and your team does not have the talent to compete.
Agreed but some coaches can beat a team that has more talent. Coach O'Rourke was, 6-0 vs wellston and he will tell you that the rockets had more talent most of those years. He could get everything and more out if his players. One thing he was great at was getting kids to come out and play. That's something VC has been struggling with over the last 10 years. Could he do it again at VC? Who knows...but it could be worth a shot. Like I've said before, there are multiple people who have expressed interest in this job. All would be facing am uphill battle but all three imo could get the job done with the right people in place. There IS talent at VC. Enough to be at worst a 5-5 ball team each year. I remember the days when 6-4 was unacceptable. I just hope we can get the community to buy in more than what they do. Ill be honest, VC football fans arent the worst I've seen, but they aren't anywhere near the best. We as a community, as a county, need to do more. Even if that means just going to a game and clapping. Do your part VC. Even if we are struggling, we should be proud. Its easy to be proud and support a winner. You find out how much pride you have as a county in tough times. Lets do this right this time! Let's get execited about FOOTBALL!

Return to “Football”