Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

The General
All State

Re: Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

Post by The General »

Should be Pro-basketball. A school that employs a Kight and a Howard to coach their hoops teams should be ripe for the pickings :lol: ..F##king joke!! And I mean a huge F##king joke :lol: ...What in the hell are these people thinking?...I forgot...Jackson is a Football school they say

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote:Week 3, 2004. 2-0 Vinton County @ 2-0 Jackson. Your soon to be mayor made a smart butt comment on the PA that made me lose all respect for the red and white. Multiple words and derogatory comments over the years at games by the Jackson faithful. Even as recent as the Athens state title game I was spoken to by a Jackson Letterman jacket wearing kid who wasn't fond of my VC hat and asked what a "VC" person was doing there! Lol its bread not taught in Jackson. You'll never change my mind. Even still though, I am one who is pro Jackson joint the TVC. I'm greedy and I want your gate. :)
What's bred and taught at jackson is hard work and football fundamentals . It starts in peewee and is expected as long as you wear and Ironmen jersey. Those kids show up at 6am to work out all year before school. Sorry That some schools can't figure out that hard work and being part of something bigger than yourself is a recipe for success. While some schools are having senior skip practice others are watching film. Jackson kids are not taught that they're better than any other school. They're thought that they're no shortcuts to success. If the TVC doesn't want jackson then so be it. I love how some schools want to schedule jackson twice in basketball but run and hide under the desk when asked about playing in football.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

C'mon 96. You know where I stand and you know I have good legitimate reasons to feel the way I do. Even still, I want Jackson in the TVC be cause I know it would make the conference better and that's what I'm about. I agree VC has hid from competition. There's no denying that. But this Viking wants Jackson under the TVC banner. Hard work and fundamentals are taught at Jackson from the start. Anyone that's watched them over the years can see that. There are a lot of programs that should learn from what Jackson has done. They are a top seo football school almost every year. But lsome ironmen take their confidence a little to far. You still bleed maroon and your still my bro!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote:C'mon 96. You know where I stand and you know I have good legitimate reasons to feel the way I do. Even still, I want Jackson in the TVC be cause I know it would make the conference better and that's what I'm about. I agree VC has hid from competition. There's no denying that. But this Viking wants Jackson under the TVC banner. Hard work and fundamentals are taught at Jackson from the start. Anyone that's watched them over the years can see that. There are a lot of programs that should learn from what Jackson has done. They are a top seo football school almost every year. But lsome ironmen take their confidence a little to far. You still bleed maroon and your still my bro!
It's the same with vc in basketball. The kid are taught from a young age how to play the game the right way and look at the results. It's not rocket science. Jackson doesn't do squat for the youth in jackson as far as basketball except for some travel teams that benefit a few select kids. So there's no mystery why kids don't get interested in the sport. I want to see all these seoal teams under the TVC banner as well. It would be very humbling for them to walk into that first meeting.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote:Week 3, 2004. 2-0 Vinton County @ 2-0 Jackson. Your soon to be mayor made a smart butt comment on the PA that made me lose all respect for the red and white. Multiple words and derogatory comments over the years at games by the Jackson faithful. Even as recent as the Athens state title game I was spoken to by a Jackson Letterman jacket wearing kid who wasn't fond of my VC hat and asked what a "VC" person was doing there! Lol its bread not taught in Jackson. You'll never change my mind. Even still though, I am one who is pro Jackson joint the TVC. I'm greedy and I want your gate. :)
I've been around Jackson sports for 30+ years from my playing days in 3 sports, coaching and following as a fan....nothing bred against VC. Wellston yes....on the flipside when I worked at Wellston McDonalds throughout my college years I did learn how much VC kids disliked Jackson.

Would love to hear what the PA announcer said to bother you.

Not a school on the planet without a knucklehead wearing a letterman jacket....I would never condone it.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Dundas:
1. 2004? Really lol 2014 minus 2004 = 10 years lol. Let it go lol.
2. Have you ever met our mayor lol?
3. Viking 96 bleeds purple (maroon-red blend).
4. Viking 96 offspring bleed red and that is good for our program.
5. My sources tell me the offspring are going to be way better lol than him.
6. I92 is right about the 16-17 yr old in a letterman jacket lol.
7. There is nothing bred other than Wellston and maybe even more Gallia.
8. But the Gallia rivalry is probably over now.

Thank you for putting our mayor and all that other crap aside though lol and supporting what I think would be a great addition to the TVC by adding Jackson. If it happens it would be great for SE Ohio and you would be accepting a very loyal member to your league.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

I read all the mud slinging going on and laugh The TVC was mostly made up of old SEOAL teams, like it or not almost all were in the league at one time or another. These teams left for whatever reason and created a league that they could compete in (win) The SEOAL survived with schools that other schools either didn't want to play or didn't want to travel too. The TVC grows into a nice league with good completion. They then decide to let Athens in a School that was really having a rough time in the SEOAL . Athen's goes to the TVC and dominated almost every sport (I said almost) The TVC recalls there past and decide no more SEOAL Teams I know Jackson had tried to join on different occasions Logan just flat out to big for the TVC Warren a former member could not get back in the other schools I would say travel expenses have a lot to do with it . Bottom Line Football revenue pays for all other sports that cannot support themselves if your football team is losing you are going to go where you can win or at least a better shot at winning it has nothing to do with the Leagues or schools it is all about the almighty dollar and keeping your schools athletic program running an showing a profit the more you win the more kids jump ship and change schools seen it through the years the nicer the facility's the more kids want to move but to have the new nicer facilities you have to have the money to have the money you have to have winning program so you go where you can win I am not biased on my conclusion because Gallia Academy my alma mater has done this very thing and triggered the dissolve of the SEOAL

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Mighty mighty devil...you are incorrect. ZERO SEOAL schools left to create the TVC as you stated. The TVC was created by Federal Hocking, Belpre, Warren and Vinton County. NONE of those schools were ever members of the SEOAL at that time or had been for that matter. In fact, warren and VC tried to get into the SEOAL before creating the TVC but were denied membership. Facts. Get facts first mmd.

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

Dundas wrote:Mighty mighty devil...you are incorrect. ZERO SEOAL schools left to create the TVC as you stated. The TVC was created by Federal Hocking, Belpre, Warren and Vinton County. NONE of those schools were ever members of the SEOAL at that time or had been for that matter. In fact, warren and VC tried to get into the SEOAL before creating the TVC but were denied membership. Facts. Get facts first mmd.
True, Fed. Hock, Warren, Vinton Co. and Belpre was the 4 that formed the TVC, but Nelsonville had already promised the others before it was formed to join the TVC after their consolidation and did so in 1970. Meigs stayed until 1983 after Pomeroy and Middleport consolidated. Vinton Co. did ask to come into the SEOAL after the McArthur Generals consolidated with other Vinton county schools which in the 60's a big push from the state of Ohio was forcing little schools to consolidate, Allensville, Hamden, & Wilksville. Football was not a league sport in the first year of the TVC. It started in the fall of 1970.

I know a lot of ragging is going on about Logan Warren and Jackson asking to join the TVC. But lets face it, these 3 teams are out of a league and trying to find one for their kids. They are not asking to leave the SEOAL but must. Nelsonville Greyhounds/Nelsonville York Buckeyes left the SEOAL and joined the TVC to be able to compete. Wellston Rockets left the SEOAL and joined the TVC in 1982 to be able to compete. Meigs left the SEOAL in 1983 and joined the TVC to have a chance to compete. Athens in 2008.

Wouldn't it be very ironic if the TVC would let the 3 schools join and form a 3rd division and it was set as below with 7teams in one division and 6 teams each in the other 2 divisions.

TVC - (OLD SEOAL BUDDIES) (7) Athens, Jackson, Logan, Meigs, Nelsonville, Warren, Wellston..

TVC - Ohio and TVC - Hocking filled by the rest of the teams in the TVC.

Then in 10 years will history repeat it's self ?

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Learned last night from an admin in ECOL that Warren has applied for membership.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Wizard wrote:Learned last night from an admin in ECOL that Warren has applied for membership.
I think they have a chance to get in...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Still wondering what the mayor said 10 years ago

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

The Wizard wrote:Learned last night from an admin in ECOL that Warren has applied for membership.

Warren has applied to a number of conferences/leagues. To my knowledge, we have applied to the TVC, MVL, ECOL, and the OVAC. The OVAC would take us in a heartbeat. The MVL will be a little more difficult. ECOL? We know from all of the posting on this and other threads, our chances of getting back in the TVC.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

The Tvc is on stable ground ..I read where Jackson wants
In just not football wise..Well if you don't bring football
I wouldn't want you..2.lets face it seoal is almost dead
if people on both sides look..NO good will come from It.
I almost bet anyone on here that some of the Tvc board
Members read seops and guarantee taking alot of the negative
Seoal bashing the TVC..3..if you have no league and BEGGING
to get in a STABLE LEAGUE DONT BASH THEM.
after reading post from the majority of seoal posters
I wouldn't let anyone of you in

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NY BUCKS wrote:The Tvc is on stable ground ..I read where Jackson wants

I would say any league board members laugh at this. .The whole amount of posters on here is less then 1% of total population of towns represented. So it probably doesn't matter.
Last edited by noreply66 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:The Tvc is on stable ground ..I read where Jackson wants

I would say any league board members laugh at this. .The whole amount of posters on her is less then 1% of total population of towns represented. So it probably doesn't matter.
I have to agree that LESS than 1% even knows about or cares about this matter! Get a life guys! who cares!

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Dundas wrote:Mighty mighty devil...you are incorrect. ZERO SEOAL schools left to create the TVC as you stated. The TVC was created by Federal Hocking, Belpre, Warren and Vinton County. NONE of those schools were ever members of the SEOAL at that time or had been for that matter. In fact, warren and VC tried to get into the SEOAL before creating the TVC but were denied membership. Facts. Get facts first mmd.
ok ill change the TVC WAS to the TVC IS LOL I am in a political correct world lol THE TVC IS WHERE ITS AT IN SOUTHERN OHIO NOW we will see what the weaker teams do in a few years my whole point is nobody likes being a punching bag teams will leave to go where they can win(GALLIA ACADEMY) for whatever reason plain and simple . I remember when the SEOAL SPLIT INTO 2 DIVISION (now don't quote me geniuses cause I don't have the exact date and time minute and second it happened) about 10 years ago it looked like a nice league good competition I don't know what happened ? if it was poorly administrated or what or it was just too big Athens left after a year and it all started to unravel. enjoy the league nothing is forever good luck to the TVC

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With Athens leaving so soon it sort of looks like it had plans to do so before the league went to ten teams

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

​When the SEOAL voted to expand, Jackson was the only 'No' vote, stating travel issues as a concern. But said they would be ok with it if everyone else wanted it. Athens voted 'Yes' to expansion, then left very soon after ...
This is why a few of the SEOAL schools didn't schedule Athens in a lot of sports for a while.. It had nothing to do with the level of competition or anything else. They were mad at Athens for leaving...

Return to “Football”