Privt and open enrollment schools win all of the titles

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Privt and open enrollment schools win all of the titles

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I believe this is correct.

How long until the regular public schools start crying this is not fair we want our own playoffs.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Re: Privt and open enrollment schools win all of the titles

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:How long until the regular public schools start crying this is not fair we want our own playoffs.
25 years ago. I started hearing and reading this back when my neighbor Chuck Kemper won his third straight title at Wehrle. The editorial pages were full of that talk. Opposing coaches were pretty vocal about it. I think there's a Google-able article out there quoting the dad of Hartley's current basketball coach making the same kind of noise you read in these threads. I remember my own high school football team getting a two week in a row dismantling by the all county all stars and saying the same thing. So yeah, forever.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

How many of the 14 teams this weekend were private schools. How many regional championships were won by private schools? What is the percentage the last 10 years? What is the percentage of private schools to public schools in Ohio?

If you're going to argue something you need a large sample size. Don't just pick the white out of the chicken sh___.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Privates account for 8% of the schools and have 50% of the titles. Catholic student sections never look like the product on the field

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

RAIDER6309 wrote:Privates account for 8% of the schools and have 50% of the titles. Catholic student sections never look like the product on the field

Great point on the student section.

La Salle nor St. Ed's crowd remotely resembled the football teams.

Not sure about he open enrollment schools.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Does the new competive balance rule come in next year?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I believe so.

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Privates account for 8% of the schools and have 50% of the titles. Catholic student sections never look like the product on the field

Great point on the student section.

La Salle nor St. Ed's crowd remotely resembled the football teams.

Not sure about he open enrollment schools.

Great point on the student section? Is that your standard? The team should resemble the student section. That sounds like something Al Sharpton would say as he flames racial tension on a daily basis. I'm beginning to understand some aren't really interested in competitive balance they are interested in segregation.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Twist the facts any way you wish.

The fact is the s-sec at some schools do not come close to resembling the football team this weekend , where as most did.

Me personally I could care less if does or doesn't.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

"In Ohio, a survey of school superintendents showed that two-thirds of them wanted to kick out private schools and hold separate public and private school playoffs"

On day this will happen, everyone knows it

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The playing is not fair, a blind man can see this.

If they do separate, what do they do with the open enrollment public schools?

Theoretically they too have an advantage over public schools that have no open enrollment program in place.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Does the new competive balance rule come in next year?
2016-17 school year

crebman1
Waterboy

Post by crebman1 »

The MAC schools are all Publics and have very little "move-ins" due to open enrollment - certainly no more than occurs in SEO. Do the Catholics and a few city publics have some advantage, yep.

With that said, just remember, ALL Catholic schools recruit ALL their students - and if they can't recruit enough students, they close. Honestly, what the privates have all learned is there is no better form of free advertising than having your school splashed across the local paper/Internet due to athletic success. Fact is, at most privates, poor athletic teams is not tolerated - something you can't say for a lot of publics. In fact, at a lot of publics, the administration really doesn't care all that much about athletics.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Ironton St. Joe and Portsmouth Notre Dame must be doing something wrong ;-)

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Private schools are generally better than public schools in academics and athletics. Parents desire to send their kids to private schools because of this. What is so hard to understand? Let the crying continue.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Catholic student sections never look like the product on the field
Translation: I live in an area that is historically and presently hostile to African Americans, and I'm bitter that the best we can do is to field an all white team that has spent a ton of time lifting so that we can hit hard and hold the line instead of having a team with a few legitimate speed threats who are attending my school in the hopes of lifting themselves out of multi-generational poverty resulting from a failed system created and perpetuated by people who look like me instead of attending the failed schools around them where they belong.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:La Salle nor St. Ed's crowd remotely resembled the football teams.
Maybe all the other black kids were working hard in basketball practice since there's no other possible reason for black people to be at an expensive private school. I roll coal and spit my chew ever time I drive past one of them Cath-o-lick schools.

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

"Along with having to post on the OHSAA site where a transfer comes from, I also think that private schools/Catholic schools should have to post what religion the transfer is.

I would bet 90% of them would not be Catholic.

Just my guess."

This is from the mind of the esteemed newarkcatholicfan on another forum. This is standard fare from one of the most prolific high school sports message board commentators. I chose this quote for the added element of religious bigotry in the guise of fairness and disclosure. The quote above from a topic titled, Catholic Schools 3 for 3. LaSalle is one of those private school football teams that doesn't pass the student section eye test. It's a color test but not racial in anyway.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I believe this is correct.

How long until the regular public schools start crying this is not fair we want our own playoffs.
I think it is comical that you keep bringing this up. You hijack threads with these comments. Then, when you can't stir it up that way, you start a thread about it. So you must want people to complain about it, since you keep bringing it up. :roll:

Return to “Football”