Proud of you Athens

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Proud of you Athens

Post by Ironman92 »

Head up boys. Wow, best game I've seen on TV....on television! In a long long time.

Outstanding. That's the most my heart has pounded for a game on TV in years.

That was awesome....nothing else.

Head up....southern Ohio is very proud of you.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Re: Proud of you Athens

Post by theburgtheword »

Great HS Football game!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Ironman92 wrote:Head up boys. Wow, best game I've seen on TV....on television! In a long long time.

Outstanding. That's the most my heart has pounded for a game on TV in years.

That was awesome....nothing else.

Head up....southern Ohio is very proud of you.
I could not agree with you more, on all counts, 92!

I was heartsick at the end of the game, but boy, they really have nothing to be ashamed of at all. What an effort!!!!!!!!

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

That was an incredible game! Great season regardless for the bulldogs!

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

Great season and great final game, Bulldogs. You guys represented well and showed class and poise.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Great job dogs!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Tremendous season Bulldogs! Keep them heads up!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

At least they can say they didn't get to not play every game that was possible for the season, and competitive down to the last second at that in the final. The fun is in the playing and they earned every minute and will have great memories including a big "might have been" at the end! Will make a great story for the grandchildren.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Amazing high school game. Thanks Athens Bulldogs for letting all of us ride along with you.

coachperWHS
Riding the Bench

Post by coachperWHS »

Congratulations to Athens football for their spectacular run in the play-offs.

Congratulations to the 23 seniors who have bonded well these last 4 years. These guys (and the underclassmen) can hold their heads high knowing they did their best!

Congratulations too to the fine staff that Coach Adams has put in place. They represented Athens High School, The TVC, and all of Southeastern Ohio very admirably.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I tell you the D3 State Championship game between the Athens Bulldogs , and the Toledo Central Catholic Fighting Irish may have been the most exciting game I ever saw. If defense was what you are after this ain't your game. Toledo won it I think 58-56 right at the end.I knew about 1/2 way through the 1st quarter, That this would be a track meet, And likely the last team with the ball would win.Athens air raid offense was not being stopped by the Fighting Irish defenders.Athens featured Burrow at QB, And a stable of very tall recievers that could catch everything, And had plenty of chances as nearly every play the Irish blitzed.----------And the Bulldogs got gashed all night long by a killer running game by the Irish.The Athens D-line was outweighed by 62 pounds a man across the front.Number 40 for the Irish is a beast. I could still see him running in my sleep last night.My first time watching Ohio State commit, Joe Burrows the QB at Athens, And he is amazing.And he Had a great receiving corp as well. TCC had an enourmous line, And a stellar running game. This game was everything it was cracked up to be.Frank Stams said he hated to see it end.And that it was the best game he ever saw. Everybody loved it being back in Columbus.What a pleasure to have seen this game.I hope all 7 are like this. Ohio High School Football is alive and well, And Athens has nothing to hang their head about in their 1st State Championship Game.And Joe Burrows----Brother see you next year in Scarlet and Grey.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Congratulations to Athens. It was an amazing game and both teams showed amazing heart and will to win. No one will forget that game any time soon.

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

LUV YA TCC!

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Toledo Central Catholic 56, Athens 52

BOX SCORE

WHAT WE LEARNED

http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/12/05/tole ... ate-final/

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Followed this game last night and it had my heart beating like crazy. You Bulldogs came up a little short but southeastern , Ohio is proud of you.
Just so many IFs in this came but it cannot be taken back.
You guys are a special bunch of boys. Coming in 2nd will not change what you boys are.

Congrats on a great football season and now lets seem if we can see you back to the championship game in basketball.

Go Bulldogs

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Athens gave everything they had and that's why it hurt so much for them last night to come that close. The Athens passing and TCC running game were both special to watch. A number of big-time players on the field for both teams. Athens has a lot to be proud of - state runner-up, regional champs, two regional runner-up finishes over the last three years. A really impressive run for them.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Was pounding the table for an Athens win.

Return to “Football”