Paladin

doubleplay643
S

Re: Paladin

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote:Actually, the kids of the region are held back by the adults ( coaches, ADs and school boards and administrators). In general, much of SEO is small school FB, D-V, D-VI and D-VII. That means you are competing with similar sized H.S. across the state and with limited numbers on the team. Case in point -- Loudonville, D-VI , who butchered D-II Logan this season. Years before , it was Patrick Henry, D-V who came down and butchered D-III Jackson. The region has been sacrificed on the altar of winning games against lesser competition and avoiding tougher competition. This is a recurring theme. When you can't win in a league, you run from it. When you have open dates on a schedule , you avoid teams unless you are bigger or tougher but don't challenge the kids to play up or risk getting beat to get better. When the region as a whole does that, it affects the entire strata of teams and their competitive level in the region. Every so often there is an aberration and some SEO team makes a break thru and gets to state. But that's rare. However, how embarrassing is it to be called the SE Regional and yet so few from actual SEO makes It to state ? But communities demand to go 10-0 or 9-1 built on weak schedules and little competition so they can feel better about themselves.
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being complete and utter nonsense and 10 being the absolute truth. Paladin has probably scored an 8.85 here I think, some truth ^^^ in that, but I do think perhaps some of the area schools have taken the opportunity to change their scheduling patterns to some degree. Maybe I shouldn't say pattern quite yet, but there are some local schools changing what they would have done from several years ago.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LoganLocos wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:
mikepike wrote:Paladin, you do make a good point. Playing inferior opponents out of league doesn't do much to prepare teams for the playoffs. On the other hand, you don't usually get into the playoffs (at least in football) with a losing record. So, there is a balance.

I've asked you this many time paladin, yell me who ironton has ducked , go to joe eitel and go back through the past years as far as they go then get back with me.and ironton also has a baseball championship in 72. not sure about other schools but Portsmouth and burg have some additional titles.
Well, they ducked Athens this year.

The Bulldogs were desperate for a week six game, Ironton had an opening, and it was rumored forever the game was going to happen. Athens was willing to go down to the Tank.

Instead Athens went all the way to Steubenville.
FACT!

They did duck Athens this year!

Logan did as well.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LoganLocos wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:
mikepike wrote:Paladin, you do make a good point. Playing inferior opponents out of league doesn't do much to prepare teams for the playoffs. On the other hand, you don't usually get into the playoffs (at least in football) with a losing record. So, there is a balance.

I've asked you this many time paladin, yell me who ironton has ducked , go to joe eitel and go back through the past years as far as they go then get back with me.and ironton also has a baseball championship in 72. not sure about other schools but Portsmouth and burg have some additional titles.

The Bulldogs were desperate for a week six game, Ironton had an opening, and it was rumored forever the game was going to happen. Athens was willing to go down to the Tank.

Instead Athens went all the way to Steubenville.
I don't think they ducked Athens at all. You said it, RUMOR is all it was. Not that the Tigers would have stood a chance against them, just like every Team in Southeastern Ohio this year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

[I've asked you this many time paladin, yell me who ironton has ducked , go to joe eitel and go back through the past years as far as they go then get back with me.and ironton also has a baseball championship in 72. not sure about other schools but Portsmouth and burg have some additional titles.[/quote]

Instead Athens went all the way to Steubenville.[/quote]

FACT!

They did duck Athens this year!

Logan did as well.[/quote]

Buddy you better check your facts Logan DID NOT DUCK ANYONE! Our schedule was set.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, our schedule had been set for awhile. Care to explain your "fact" O&B??

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

OK Moonshine, your pathetic schedule was set :lol:
who cares what Logan does? There schedule is full of Div. 5 and 6 schools :oops:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

sports junkie wrote:OK Moonshine, your pathetic schedule was set :lol:
who cares what Logan does? There schedule is full of Div. 5 and 6 schools :oops:

thats an easy jab :oops: :oops: its easy for some i-town fans to say that when they are surrounded by schools theyre size. logan cant travel to all over the state every week just to play schools with the exact enrollment numbers or higher. what is there like 7 high schools in lawrence co?? hocking co has 1.... i bet if lawrence co consolidated ironton wouldnt be D5. with 7 high schools in 1 county i would think its safe to say ironton would be D1 or a big D2. they would be in the same boat as logan if not worse...... do you really think you can fill your schedule with teams that are equal in size or bigger every week, every sport, every year??? what a joke.....

and 1 more thing. this topic isnt about logan.... its about paladin....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sports junkie wrote:OK Moonshine, your pathetic schedule was set :lol:
OH SNAP, THAT JUST HAPPENED LOL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HERE WE GO AN OFF SEASON OF ORNERYNESS GOTTA LOVE IT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll say one thing about ironton football. you see how hard it is now to get to one of these and win it, ref. Athens.
ironton has won 2 and been to so many more. their schedules have been amazing all through the years of ironton football. and we were blessed enough to see that in our own backyards there in ironton. it was huge then, and it's huge now.and we played any and everybody. I remember hanging 50/60 points on Athens. things have sure changed. but one thing fighting tiger fans can say, and be proud about it, we seen so many amazing games, and state championship games, it was a true blessing.i remember all those years playing in state semi games, and the clock ran out and we'd holler see you in the shoe----------those truly were glory days. and if it never happens again, it was awesome. and we have the facts to prove it.

in closing i'll say who cares that the crowd didn't fill the shoe. we're talking nearly 109,000 seats here. but it is the shoe. in the center of the state , fair travel for any and everybody. the capital of the great state of ohio. the grand cathedral of college football, and the best facilities in the world. they should never be anywhere else. and the excitement of being back, you could just feel it.i remember being there and seeing john cooper and his staff walking back and forth around the field watching the games, and taking notes. I remember earl bruce arriving in a chopper at ironton high school to watch an ironton /cape game. high school football don't get any better than that. if it did , not sure I could take it. ole bait's ticker might just go haywire.we can argue about the private/public thing till the cows come home. we could talked about how consolidation has ruined districts, and how it has created giants. but it sure is great to see. take nothing from ironton's current staff or players. because they are bringing it again.----------------------but it makes you in awe of the 40 years with coach lutz, like him ------hate him---------he was and still is ohio high school's winningest football coach. he and his great staff had them in these regionals, semi's and state championship games dang near every year. so it's been awesome to witness. say what you will to demean ironton, but they have been there. and this ole tiger fan truly loved last night's game, and I'm recording all of em to watch.i may never delete that Athens game. it was amazing. blessed to be able to see it, thank you jesus. and to those that don't know me much----------I was blind for 3 years from a cornea disease called keratoconus this was in my early 20's.the lord put me in touch with a fabulous surgeon in Lexington ky. by god's grace and the dr's hands through a series of 3 cornea transplants my eyesight was restored. so I don't take watching anything for granted. so thank you coach lutz, n your staff. thank you coach triplett and your staff, and thank you coach vaas for you n your staff. and thank you dear lord for allowing me to see it all.YTB.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

thats an easy jab :oops: :oops: its easy for some i-town fans to say that when they are surrounded by schools theyre size. logan cant travel to all over the state every week just to play schools with the exact enrollment numbers or higher. what is there like 7 high schools in lawrence co?? hocking co has 1.... i bet if lawrence co consolidated ironton wouldnt be D5. with 7 high schools in 1 county i would think its safe to say ironton would be D1 or a big D2. they would be in the same boat as logan if not worse...... do you really think you can fill your schedule with teams that are equal in size or bigger every week, every sport, every year??? what a joke.....

So you are saying Logan can't schedule any games in Columbus? Really.. All Palidumb has said is how Logan has beefed up there schedule.. That is a joke :lol:

Palidumb lives in the past.. And Logan schedules who they want to schedule... small schools, because they can't beat anyone in there own division :oops:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

sports junkie wrote:thats an easy jab :oops: :oops: its easy for some i-town fans to say that when they are surrounded by schools theyre size. logan cant travel to all over the state every week just to play schools with the exact enrollment numbers or higher. what is there like 7 high schools in lawrence co?? hocking co has 1.... i bet if lawrence co consolidated ironton wouldnt be D5. with 7 high schools in 1 county i would think its safe to say ironton would be D1 or a big D2. they would be in the same boat as logan if not worse...... do you really think you can fill your schedule with teams that are equal in size or bigger every week, every sport, every year??? what a joke.....

So you are saying Logan can't schedule any games in Columbus? Really.. All Palidumb has said is how Logan has beefed up there schedule.. That is a joke :lol:

Palidumb lives in the past.. And Logan schedules who they want to schedule... small schools, because they can't beat anyone in there own division :oops:
Same old story! Just like ironton cut and ran from the SEOAL!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Is it really cut and run...I see the big picture....did they cut
And run or did they see the future of the seoal in disarray.
That being said ..look at the ..TVC..last 2 years had 2
State runner-ups ..3 final 4 appearances......Big picture people..

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

NY BUCKS wrote:Is it really cut and run...I see the big picture....did they cut
And run or did they see the future of the seoal in disarray.
That being said ..look at the ..TVC..last 2 years had 2
State runner-ups ..3 final 4 appearances......Big picture people..
No just like Nelsonville York, Wellston, bullpuppies, Meigs, Portsmouth, Ironton and Zanesville- all cut and ran some I can not blame some I will always blame!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CAN WE STILL BE FRIENDS SHINER--------THE SEOAL HAS BEEN ON SHIFTING SANDS EVERY SINCE 4.00 A GALLON GAS PRICES AND CONSOLIDATIONS STARTED. NOBODY WANTS THEIR DAUGHTER GETTING IN FROM A VOLLEYBALL/BASKETBALL MATCH AT 1:30 AM ON A SCHOOL NIGHT. AND IT'S JUST TO SPREAD OUT GEOGRAPHICALLY. I STAND BY THE FACT THAT IT HELPED THE FIGHTING TIGERS IMMENSELY GOING INDEPENDANT ALL THOSE YEARS. AND WE CERTAINLY PLAYED EQUALLY AS HARD OPPONENTS YEAR IN AND OUT. NOW LOOK AT FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALL. 2 PLAYERS FROM D6, JOINING THE OVC, AND GOING TO BE THE LOWEST ENROLLMENT IN IT SOMEBODY TOLD ME.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

sports junkie wrote:thats an easy jab :oops: :oops: its easy for some i-town fans to say that when they are surrounded by schools theyre size. logan cant travel to all over the state every week just to play schools with the exact enrollment numbers or higher. what is there like 7 high schools in lawrence co?? hocking co has 1.... i bet if lawrence co consolidated ironton wouldnt be D5. with 7 high schools in 1 county i would think its safe to say ironton would be D1 or a big D2. they would be in the same boat as logan if not worse...... do you really think you can fill your schedule with teams that are equal in size or bigger every week, every sport, every year??? what a joke.....

no junkie, you missed my point...... the easy jab is to say logan sucks they dont play anyone but schools smaller then them. but if you look at logan situation they are a 1 county school veruses say a ironton that is 1 of 7 high schools in lawrence county. we have no more kids showing up for football then most D3/D4 schools in this area. the total number of enrolled boys doesnt mean they are all playing sports. where if you take an ironton 3/4 of the enrolled boys are playing some sport in a given season.
to answer your your scheduling comment. from the looks of what i got off joe elite. logan plays about 4-5 schools that are the same size or bigger every year....... i would say thats about the same as every school in the state.
lancaster
teays valley
zanesville
warren
lancaster
teays valley
newark
zanesville
warren
lancaster
columbus northland
newark
chilli
warren
lancaster
pick north
reynoldsburg
warren
chilli
lancaster
pick north
reynoldsburg
marietta
warren
zanesville
chilli
lancaster
pick north
hamilton twp
zanesville
marietta
warren
lancaster
pick north
hamilton twp
zanesville
marietta
jackson

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:CAN WE STILL BE FRIENDS SHINER--------THE SEOAL HAS BEEN ON SHIFTING SANDS EVERY SINCE 4.00 A GALLON GAS PRICES AND CONSOLIDATIONS STARTED. NOBODY WANTS THEIR DAUGHTER GETTING IN FROM A VOLLEYBALL/BASKETBALL MATCH AT 1:30 AM ON A SCHOOL NIGHT. AND IT'S JUST TO SPREAD OUT GEOGRAPHICALLY. I STAND BY THE FACT THAT IT HELPED THE FIGHTING TIGERS IMMENSELY GOING INDEPENDANT ALL THOSE YEARS. AND WE CERTAINLY PLAYED EQUALLY AS HARD OPPONENTS YEAR IN AND OUT. NOW LOOK AT FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALL. 2 PLAYERS FROM D6, JOINING THE OVC, AND GOING TO BE THE LOWEST ENROLLMENT IN IT SOMEBODY TOLD ME.
Oh Yea, Like I said I understand why some had to do it!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Moonshine..you couldn't probably add a couple more
To that list after a year or two if its around that long..
And if you think that Ny left from the league for please
Give us your story I would like to hear.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

NY BUCKS wrote:Moonshine..you couldn't probably add a couple more
To that list after a year or two if its around that long..
And if you think that Ny left from the league for please
Give us your story I would like to hear.
Just out of curiosity , which league did you feel was better in 2014 top to bottom ???
The seoal
Jackson
Logan.
Gallia Academy
Portsmouth
Warren

TVC Ohio
Athens
Nelsonville York
Meigs
Vinton county
Alexander