Private schools/Public schools/open enrollment public

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Re: Private schools/Public schools/open enrollment public

Post by PIGSKIN »

[quote="4th n Goal"]Below shows the detail of the referendum that was passed this year. [url]http://www.ohsaa.org/members/refvote/20 ... alance.pdf[/url] Since there are already 7 divisions for football, the multiplier is only 2 and will likely not affect that many schools. There will more than likely be more teams get pushed into a different division in other sports.

2-2-1 Teams in the sports of football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball shall be assigned to a division based upon that school’s team’s Adjusted Enrollment Count. For purposes of this section, Adjusted Enrollment Count is the count as determined by adding the Initial Enrollment Count (EMIS reported number of boys or girls) and the Additional Roster Count for the given sport.
2-2-2 The Additional Roster Count shall be calculated by adding to the Initial Roster Count the sum total of Factors and the Sport Specific Factors. The Initial Roster Count is the total number of students who were on the roster of the team in that sport at any time during the course of the current school year (freshman team, junior varsity, varsity, etc.). Note: The annual submission of the Initial Roster Count for each respective sport shall be utilized to help determine the division to which that team shall be assigned the following school year.
2-2-3 Factors shall be assigned three levels of points: Level 0, Level 1 and a Level 2 Sport Specific Factor. The purpose of the Factors is to determine from where the student-athletes come or from what system of education they come and to make appropriate adjustments accordingly. 2-2-4 For public member schools, Factors shall be assigned as follows:
- Level 0 – the student’s parents reside within the school district/designated/assigned attendance zone.
- Level 1 – the student’s parents reside outside the school district and/or designated/assigned attendance zone but the student has been continuously enrolled in the district since the beginning of 7th grade
- Level 2 Sport Specific Factor – the student’s parents reside outside the school district and/or designated/assigned attendance zone and the student has not been continuously enrolled in the district since 7th grade.
2-2-5 For non-public member schools, Factors shall be assigned as follows:
- Level 0 – the student attended the same system of education continuously since the beginning of the 7th grade and attended one of the designated/assigned feeder schools continuously since the beginning of 7th grade
- Level 1 – the student attended the same system of education continuously since the beginning of 7th grade but did not attend one of the designated/assigned feeder schools continuously since the beginning of 7th grade
- Level 2 Sport Specific Factor – the student did not attend the same system of education continuously since the beginning of 7th grade

2-2-6 The sport specific factors by which the sum total of level points shall be multiplied in determining the Adjusted Enrollment Count shall be as follows:
- Level 0 – zero (0) times each student on a respective sport team’s Initial Roster Count who meets the criteria of the factor.
- Level 1 – one (1) times each student on a respective sport team’s Initial Roster Count who meets the criteria of the factor.
- Level 2 Sport Specific Factor – a specific factor in each designated sport times each student on a respective sport team’s Initial Roster Count who meets the criteria of the factor. The Sport Specific Factors shall be two (2) in the sport of football; five (5) in the sports of volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball, and six (6) in the sport of soccer.[/quote]

This is a joke to slow down the complaining it really doesn't effect enough teams to matter.If Ohsaa doesn't wake up they will lose the vote and we will have separate playoffs its just a matter of time before this happens with these pathetic attempts to level the competition.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Try and justify. Proof is everywhere. Privates cheat. Did Lebrons mom pay his tuition ?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:
bman wrote:How about you post my full comment
Seems like a waste of storage space on the server. It's only necessary to quote enough so that other readers know about which other post that I'm commenting. People can scroll.

Anyway, I don't buy the geographical argument. Dads put their kids in good programs. Good programs have repeated success. The successful programs don't need to recruit.

The CBP is a hoax.

It assumes one or two or more verifiably false assertions. One is that private schools recruit illegally but just don't get caught. The other is that private programs that have repeated success have an unfair advantage. Public programs that have repeated success are assumed to have good coaching, hard work ethic, and strong community support. Private programs with the same attributes are instead assumed to be cheating..
Private schools don't have strong comm support.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

G.W.A. wrote:
Sapientia et Veritas wrote:
bman wrote:How about you post my full comment
Seems like a waste of storage space on the server. It's only necessary to quote enough so that other readers know about which other post that I'm commenting. People can scroll.

Anyway, I don't buy the geographical argument. Dads put their kids in good programs. Good programs have repeated success. The successful programs don't need to recruit.

The CBP is a hoax.

It assumes one or two or more verifiably false assertions. One is that private schools recruit illegally but just don't get caught. The other is that private programs that have repeated success have an unfair advantage. Public programs that have repeated success are assumed to have good coaching, hard work ethic, and strong community support. Private programs with the same attributes are instead assumed to be cheating..
Private schools don't have strong comm support.
This is debatable.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

bman wrote:Posting only a partial comment helps you distort my post when I clearly said NC didn't recruit and you accused me of saying they do recruit.
I was agreeing with you and adding my own perspective. Sorry that wasn't clearer.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

G.W.A. wrote:Did Lebrons mom pay his tuition ?
Would the person who did pay for his and the other guys from his AAU team hesitate to pay for their tuition for 7th and 8th grade at the designated Catholic feeder school also? The CBP system outlines the system for beating itself. For those who cheat, it's a minor inconvenience. For those who don't, it's a penalty for not cheating.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

First, the most important part of having a highly successful (State Championship Caliber) team is talent, plain and simple. When everything else is equal, talent wins. This is by and far the most important aspect of having a great team. Everything else is secondary, but can have a high impact on the success of a team.

In no particular order, coaching, parental support and home life, community support, motivation and facilities and equipment. I am sure there are other factors, but these are the ones that stand out to me. There is 1 major component, and 5 lesser components of a successful program. 2 of these factors can be controlled by a school district, coaching and facilities.

If you put a lot of talent into a situation with these other 5 factors, the chances are you will be successful. The opposite can also be stated, even highly talented teams can fall well short if the other 5 factors fall short.

Now, for my opinion on the public/private debate falls into the fact that private schools do not service a percentage of the population that public schools do. Some public schools (depending on the socio economic factors) dont deal with these issues as well. I read the Canton newspaper last year when Marion Local faced Trimble. The Marion coach talked about how his kids didnt wake up in the morning wondering where their next meal would come from, had 2 parent families and lived in a strong economic environment. This is completely opposite of southeastern Ohio, where some schools face a large population of students who are simply in school because the law tells them to.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

So private school is wrong and open enrollment is OK?

Return to “Football”