3 of Nelsonville-Yorks 4 losses are playing in the Final 4

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

3 of Nelsonville-Yorks 4 losses are playing in the Final 4

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Three of the four teams that beat NY are Regional Champions and playing in the Final Four: Athens, Trimble and Valley. I wonder how many teams can say that statewide?

The fourth loss was to D2 Logan.

NY was primarily a sophomore-based team.

Can't wait to see what the Buckeyes do in 2015 and 2016!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: 3 of Nelsonville-Yorks 4 losses are playing in the Final

Post by Crab's Brother »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Three of the four teams that beat NY are Regional Champions and playing in the Final Four: Athens, Trimble and Valley. I wonder how many teams can say that statewide?

All 4 of Dayton Thrugood Marshall's losses are Regional Champs.

Trotwood Madison (Region 10)
Alter (Region 14)
Hartley (Region 17)
ASVSM (Region 7)

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

I can tell you right now what is going to happen. We will have one of the best senior classes we have had in a long time athlete wise. Our almighty AD hopefully will pick up a good team to replace Berne union, but I'm sure we will be playing a frontier or miller caliber team. We will go anywhere from 8-2 to 10-0 regular season make playoffs and lose again. With the current coaching staff we have whoever ends up playing nelsonville in playoffs has a 1st round bye. I hate to say it but it's the truth. Running the same 3 running plays every game every year isn't going to work. Coach boston has had several great classes come through and had 5 playoff games he should've won, yet we are putting in to host a playoff game week 12 every year. I have always supported coach boston but these last few weeks I've realized we need a new coach. 8-3 or 7-4 isn't good enough.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bucks_09 wrote:I can tell you right now what is going to happen. We will have one of the best senior classes we have had in a long time athlete wise. Our almighty AD hopefully will pick up a good team to replace Berne union, but I'm sure we will be playing a frontier or miller caliber team. We will go anywhere from 8-2 to 10-0 regular season make playoffs and lose again. With the current coaching staff we have whoever ends up playing nelsonville in playoffs has a 1st round bye. I hate to say it but it's the truth. Running the same 3 running plays every game every year isn't going to work. Coach boston has had several great classes come through and had 5 playoff games he should've won, yet we are putting in to host a playoff game week 12 every year. I have always supported coach boston but these last few weeks I've realized we need a new coach. 8-3 or 7-4 isn't good enough.
You sir deserve a standing ovation!

:aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I thought the Buckeyes did a helluva job against Lucasville Valley, a team who is in the final four in the state! They also played Athens and Trimble very tough. I thought this years coaching staff did a great job with the youngsters they had.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Three of the four teams that beat NY are Regional Champions and playing in the Final Four: Athens, Trimble and Valley. I wonder how many teams can say that statewide?

No shame in those losses. Expecting big things from the Bucks the next couple years

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Orange and Brown wrote:
bucks_09 wrote:I can tell you right now what is going to happen. We will have one of the best senior classes we have had in a long time athlete wise. Our almighty AD hopefully will pick up a good team to replace Berne union, but I'm sure we will be playing a frontier or miller caliber team. We will go anywhere from 8-2 to 10-0 regular season make playoffs and lose again. With the current coaching staff we have whoever ends up playing nelsonville in playoffs has a 1st round bye. I hate to say it but it's the truth. Running the same 3 running plays every game every year isn't going to work. Coach boston has had several great classes come through and had 5 playoff games he should've won, yet we are putting in to host a playoff game week 12 every year. I have always supported coach boston but these last few weeks I've realized we need a new coach. 8-3 or 7-4 isn't good enough.

:aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56

Just proof of how easy it is
To coach
from the stands

idiots

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBUX wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Just proof of how easy it is
To coach
from the stands

idiots
Awe poor baby...........
Don't get all butt hurt!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Coaching from the stands is easy, as I said.
IDIOTS

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Can't argue, but there will only be like 6 seniors next year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The formula and style coach Boston uses is very similar to most of the teams still standing in the playoffs. Get to late November and early December and smash mouth football is very effective.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'M JUST TICKLED AS A CATFISH IN A VASELINE JAR ALL THESE SOUTHERN BOYS ARE STILL PLAYING FOOTBALL. HOPE THE IRONTON/NY SERIES CAN HAPPEN AGAIN. IRONTON/ATHENS. AND EVEN VALLEY/IRONTON. DANG PROUD OF THEM FELLERS STILL PLAYING.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

2 people in the last week have told me that if the coach over the hill was at NY, then they would also be in the final four.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

You just made a joke right 70_80

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

No bucks- it is true.... I don't think this years team would have made it that far , but next year, you never know.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I don't understand why all the talk about losses. I get it we was young last season but still this thread IMO makes us look a bit ridiculous wouldn't it be a better topic if we was talking about beating those opponents instead of the alternative. My last point on this topic is, we need to expect more from the program instead finding a silver lining like some of you are doing here which makes last season seem like a big success when in fact it was an average to below average year for a program like we have.
Last edited by pbuck on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

pbuck wrote:I don't understand why all the talk about losses. I get it we was young last season but still this thread IMO makes us look a bit ridiculous wouldn't it be a better topic if we was talking about beating those opponents instead of the alternative. My last point this topic is, we need to expect more from the program instead finding a silver lining like some of you are doing here which makes last season seem like a big success when in fact it was an average to below average year for a program like we have.
:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

They have an outstanding redshirt sophomore class

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

baseballstud24 wrote:I thought the Buckeyes did a helluva job against Lucasville Valley, a team who is in the final four in the state! They also played Athens and Trimble very tough. I thought this years coaching staff did a great job with the youngsters they had.
I was talking to some Trimble and Athens people and they say please don't get rid of Davey, PLEASE! :lol:

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

pbuck wrote:I don't understand why all the talk about losses. I get it we was young last season but still this thread IMO makes us look a bit ridiculous wouldn't it be a better topic if we was talking about beating those opponents instead of the alternative. My last point this topic is, we need to expect more from the program instead finding a silver lining like some of you are doing here which makes last season seem like a big success when in fact it was an average to below average year for a program like we have.
I was talking to some Trimble and Athens people and they say please don't get rid of Davey, PLEASE!

Return to “Football”