GAHS to drop out of SEOAL

jottings
SEOPS H

GAHS to drop out of SEOAL

Post by jottings »

Bryan Walters reported on the Gallipolis Tribune web site that the Gallipolis Board of Education voted 6-0 to drop out of the SEOAL this evening. Gallipolis will join the Ohio Valley Conference in 2016.

bdubya
Varsity

Re: GAHS to drop out of SEOAL

Post by bdubya »

5-0, not 6-0.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The fat lady has sung........

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Jackson will be the next to join the OVC I believe size or not I think they will Split into 2 divisions like the SOC has.
The question is who else will join the OVC to make a balance.
Jackson is strong in football but average in the other sports but will Strengthen football and give the OVC a better competition level in football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson could surprise the OVC or SOC if they join. Might just have more kids go out for sports thinking they can compete better against smaller schools.

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

I don't understand why everyone keeps thinking about a 2 division OVC. Do you think the 4 founding OVC members (Rock Hill, South Point, Chesapeake, and Coal Grove) will allow themselves to be placed in the lower division in THEIR VERY OWN conference?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

SportFan2013 wrote:I don't understand why everyone keeps thinking about a 2 division OVC. Do you think the 4 founding OVC members (Rock Hill, South Point, Chesapeake, and Coal Grove) will allow themselves to be placed in the lower division in THEIR VERY OWN conference?

I agree 100%. Adding more quality teams to improve the conference was the goal.

If jackson wanted to be proactive they should have had gallia, jackson, ironton and portsmouth start a conference. From there, some ovc schools would have joined in.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Great Article I said 4 years ago this would happen,
Ironton Portsmouth and Gallia would join the OVC and Jackson later.
Did the founding teams of the OVC see this or want this SportFan2013 no probably not.
But do you think they wanted the SOC I and II to walk all over them year in and out.
I think not.
I think this will strengthen and make the OVC a not only new league but one to recon with down the road.
Ironton Portsmouth Gallia and hope
fully Jackson with I do hope Symmess valley to make 2 Divisions .
Football would be meaningful and the of the sports a challenge.
So I am sure Rock Hill Coal Grove South Point And Chesapeake will be more than happy to be beat every year by the SOC and say hey we won a league tittle at least.
A better conference builds better teams not bigger but better.
The SOC done it right your saying the OVC should do less ???????

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

What a sad day it is. :( :( :(
Last edited by GalliaGrad78 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Well Jottings can verify that 4+ years ago I told him and Gahs4ever that it would happen. I see it was on that course back then.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Blue_Steel wrote:Well Jottings can verify that 4+ years ago I told him and Gahs4ever that it would happen. I see it was on that course back then.

And this means what exactly?

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I was a basketball player at Logan in the late '60's and the bus trips to Gallipolis were the best. We got out of school early afternoon on Friday, piled on the bus and headed to the river city. One year the boosters leased a 'Lake Shore' bus for a comfortable ride. We would stop at Bob Evans to eat. Win or lose it was our favorite road trip. Sad to think that these two schools may not play each other in the future.
Great memories...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I never thought I'd see ironton, Portsmouth, gallipolis in the ovc either. but several years ago it started looking more like reality. geographically it makes total sense. but I was not pleased with it at all at first. then came Portsmouth, talk about Jackson and gahs coming on board. competition breeds competition. this may turn into a much stronger conference. one thing for sure. for the founding fathers teams of the ovc, the cannon has been shot over their deck, and they know what's coming. 2/3 years ago the ovc teams were begging for a shot at the tigers, now it has happened. ole bait would like to see nothing more than the grovers, pointers, redmen, panthers, and dragons to elevate their games football wise and make this a super competitive conference.all the other sports this will be a huge shot in the arm, and very even competition. I'd love to see Jackson get in there. I'm not lying I didn't want it at first, but it makes sense.and I'm now very excited over it.

Return to “Football”